Running

daDJ

after the men's health run, i stopped running for a while. I just started running again last week and hindi pa regular! i'm now suffering from shin splints when i do my usual route. What surprises me is that i play futbol 4 times a week, i thought that would be a good substitute to my road running. I guess sprinting and endurance running train the body differently.

any thoughts about this?

after the men's health run, i stopped running for a while. I just started running again last week and hindi pa regular! i'm now suffering from shin splints when i do my usual route. What surprises me is that i play futbol 4 times a week, i thought that would be a good substitute to my road running. I guess sprinting and endurance running train the body differently.

any thoughts about this?

miks,

i was told that 2 different discipline require different training...

• 2 weeks later...

Have you been to the RACE office in Annapolis Greenhills? It's on the ground floor of the Vazquez-Madrigal Bldg just across that new Greenhills mall (Is it Promenade Walk or something? The one with the cinemas..).

Here's the contact number: 727-9987 (Mr. Rudy or Babes)

Milo registration forms are also available. You need to bring 1 empty Milo pack per participant (min size is 300g) to register.

Going there is easy. Coming from Cubao, turn right at Annapolis and drive straight until you reach the back of Promenade Walk. The bldg opposite that is Vazquez-Madrigal.

Coming from the MRT, alight at Santolan-Annapolis stn. It's less than a km. walk.

I'm joining both races but my goal really is to qualify for the Milo National Finals in December. To qualify for that, runners in the Manila qualifying on July 22 need to finish the full marathon in 4 hrs or less (for male runners) and 4hr-30min or less for female runnners. Other runners may opt to run in the 10, 5 & 3K categories.

The Adidas run on July 1 would serve as a litmus test, so to speak, as I need to guage my performance preparatory to the Milo marathon.

The last I had was in March in HK where I clocked 4hr & 27 min. A very difficult and challenging course characterized by undulations althoughout. Daming tunnels and flyovers.

• 2 weeks later...

this is going to be my longest run yet! all were 10k, any suggestions on how to prep for this one?

i'm regularly running for a month now. 3x a week (2x 5k (20-30 mins) and 1x 10k (50mins - 1hr))

will my training be sufficient for the 21k race? i was shocked when i saw the route in my race packet! ang layooooooo!!! combined takbo para sa kalikasan and 10k KoTR route.. nyaha

this is going to be my longest run yet! all were 10k, any suggestions on how to prep for this one?

i'm regularly running for a month now. 3x a week (2x 5k (20-30 mins) and 1x 10k (50mins - 1hr))

will my training be sufficient for the 21k race? i was shocked when i saw the route in my race packet! ang layooooooo!!! combined takbo para sa kalikasan and 10k KoTR route.. nyaha

where do you regularly run?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...