Venue: Timberland Heights, San Mateo

Date: May 6, 2007

PRE-PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION

Race fees for the All-Terrain Race are as follows:

Men's Trail Run: P300

Women's Trail Run: P300

Men's Bike Race: P300

Women's Bike Race: P300

All registration procedures will be done on May 6, the actual race day. We will dedicate two teams to handle the acceptance of payment and issuance of numbers.

Upon payment of registration fee, participant will receive his race number.

6-7AM Registration for trail run

7AM End of registration for trail run

730AM Trail Run Start

Bike Registration Starts

830AM End of Registration for Bike Race

9AM Bike Race Start

`

TRAIL RUN

Course Description: Approximately 9 km. The route is a mixture of dirt, gravel, and singletrack trails. The course features a lot of climbing, but most of all, some spectacular views.

Suggested Equipment: Trail running shoes, quick-dry clothing, hydration packs (although there will be at least 2 water stations), caps, sunglasses, and sunscreen.

Race: All participants will be released at the same time, regardless of category. The route will be marked using flags, bunting, and banners. Directional and timing marshals will also be placed along the route.

MOUNTAIN BIKE

Course Description: Approximately 18 km. You will maneuver on dirt roads, technical singletrack, and a few cemented areas. The ascents are tough and the trails, tricky, leading to a fast finish.

Suggested Equipment: Lightweight, high volume tires (2.0"- 2.1") with good traction for dry weather, or a thinner, mud shedding tire (1.75" to 1.9") in case it gets wet. Hydration packs are recommended, and helmets are required.

Race: All participants will be released at the same time regardless of category. In some cases though, the organizers may deem it fit to divide the race into waves. The route will be marked using flags, bunting, and banners. Timing marshals will be placed along the route as well. No water stations will be provided. There will also be no outside support within the race course, although racers can provide assistant to each other if needed.

RACE CATEGORIES

The Men's Health All-Terrain Race will be divided into several categories, with each category being divided into the following age classes.

Category Age Class

Men's Trail Run Below 23, 23-30, 31-40, 41 and above

Women's Trail Run 30 and below, 31 and above

Men's Bike Race Below 23, 23-30, 31-40, 41 and above

Women's Bike Race 30 and below, 31 and above

PRIZE

Cash prize for category winners (not age class) are:

1st place P4,000

2nd place P3,000

3rd place P1,500

4th-5th place P500

1st place finisher in each age category will get a trophy. 2nd and 3rd place finisher in each age category will get a medal.

Every finisher will get a Men's Health finisher's shirt.

Sponsored by MensHealth Magazine Philippines

• 2 weeks later...

San mo binili? Have you been to the new Nike + store in Bonifacio High Street? It's the biggest Nike freestanding store in the Phils and the choices are extensive. I've seen the Nike + iPod items, however, I dunno if they're gonna be as good/comfy as they claim to be. Quite revolutionary I'd say.

Bro, I haven't been running since my last marathon more than a month ago. My left calf is hurting so I'm giving it a rest.

Have you heard of the Nike 5K run last Saturday at Fort Bonifacio? One of the activities of the Nike + store in High Street.

given to me by a friend who hasn't smelled the pavement for a long time :P it's brand new and crisp in its box and has yet to see some action...but am not convinced if i do need it for my runs...i'm more than happy with my shuffle 2nd gen which is as unobtrusive as a pack of gum...

the nike + fun run was the culmination of the nike + ipod sports kit introduction for runners and i think the whole affair is until april 30th...the run was just that, a fun run, giving the runners a chance to try the sports kit...

its unfortunate you won't be joining the global city run but hey, the men's health trail run is a week after maybe you'd be around?

:D

run in this morning's bonifacio global run...

just over 500 runners this time...quite a sweltering run and relatively fast...though it was more than 10k this time based

on the nike + ipod sensor...actually, my sensor recorded the run at 11.46km...

finished in 57'56" :thumbsupsmiley:

post-91934-1177856790.jpg

post-91934-1177856910.jpg

post-91934-1177857027.jpg

post-91934-1177910344.jpg

Edited by koopahl

Champion RUN

May 20 7:00am

Bonifacio Global City

5 & 10k

Php150.00 (inclusive of singlet & race bib)

Contact person: HARVEY

Contact Nos.: 812-1200 ; 0922-494-5578

Registration can be done on race day

or at

Champion

2256 Chino Roces Ave. (formerly Pasong Tamo), Makati City

between Herald Suites & BPI

Champion RUN

May 20 7:00am

Bonifacio Global City

5 & 10k

Php150.00 (inclusive of singlet & race bib)

Contact person: HARVEY

Contact Nos.: 812-1200 ; 0922-494-5578

Registration can be done on race day

or at

Champion

2256 Chino Roces Ave. (formerly Pasong Tamo), Makati City

between Herald Suites & BPI

what's Champion (the cigarette maker or the athletic wear?) :P

Phew. Pant. Huff. Puff. Rest.

anybody who said the Men's Health All-Terrain Race was easy should be hanged...:evil:

this was probably the most difficult 10k trail run i've ever experienced...difficult terrain,

lots of long ascents, lots of dusty, steep descents, less water stations, and a whole lot

of numbing pain and injuries...no wonder they called this gig The Tough Challenge...

tougher it should be...

here are some pics...

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/hitme64/Imahe011.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/hitme64/Imahe012.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/hitme64/Imahe013-1.jpg

here's how i did...i know, i know...seems like age has crept up on me...but hey finishing 52nd among 145 runners is tops for me...

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/hitme64/menshealthtrailrun.jpg

Edited by koopahl

@koopahl

i agree, this is the toughest run i've ever participated in. I also ride does trails on my bike but running it competitively is something else. BTW, where did you find the over-all results of the trail-run? i'm sure i'm 5th in my age class but i want to see my overall rank.

thanks!

that's what they told me after i crossed the finish...but i haven't seen the official results...

i was just happy to finish the race...:D

am sure you were up there miks among the frontrunners...heck, i even got passed by three lasses 300 meters

to the finish :P

• 2 weeks later...
that's what they told me after i crossed the finish...but i haven't seen the official results...

i was just happy to finish the race...:D

am sure you were up there miks among the frontrunners...heck, i even got passed by three lasses 300 meters

to the finish :P

guys, nasa menshealth website na yung results:

http://www.menshealth.com.ph/events/allterrain2/results.html

tinalo nyo din ba si romy garduce?

oo natalo ko si romy garduce...number 47 out of 63 runners siya sa 31-40 years old category (1:34'06")

i was even up there sa top 15 ng 41 years old and above with a time of 1:13...

what do you have to say now? :evil:

pwede ka na sa everest. you're the man.