Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

• 3 weeks later...
Yun nga eh... Napakakawawa naman nitong thread natin. Calling all collectors, buhayin naman natin ito! Revi lets post some pixs...

Exquisite in less than a month....

Hi Vertu.. Kung madaming pictures na dapat kuhanan sa mga new cards mo, I would gladly visit you and post pictures here.. No problem! Wag lang badminton day namin ni misis.. haha.. Text ka lang and will text back na lang kung kailan din ako pwede dumalaw.. :thumbsupsmiley: Or better yet, just send me some pics through text.. Upload ko, asap..

Lapit na din matapos ang Finals and as expected, malapit na din ang Exqusite.. I wonder how much would a Kevin Durant Exquisite fetch in e-bay.. I can not afford a KD Exqusite RC, but I would gladly watch attyball23's/Vertu's auction next month kapag meron na siya nito.. Sigurado naman na magkakaroon siya nito eh.. Sa dami ba naman na binubuksan ng group niya.. :cool:

Revi, Wednesday should be good. Yup, madami ka dapat makita na bago. A handful of 1 of 1s plus other great cards.

The Durant RC should be at least in the 1,200 range. This year Upper Deck has decide to limit the print of the Exquisite and place a lot of signed boxes. For the phone conference that i was fortunate enough to be patched into, the have aksed 13 players to sign the boxes of the Exquisite and that box will contain all cards of that signed player. Imagine a sign kobe or jordan or lebron and all cards in that box are their own. Signed or otherwise.

Exquisite has loaded this year with a lot of new cards that we haven't seeen in the past 4 Exquisite issues.

I'm very very excited already. I have pre-ordered a nice size. I'm just glad my suppliers were able to fill my order. No cuts, no allotment.

Revi, Wednesday should be good. Yup, madami ka dapat makita na bago. A handful of 1 of 1s plus other great cards.

The Durant RC should be at least in the 1,200 range. This year Upper Deck has decide to limit the print of the Exquisite and place a lot of signed boxes. For the phone conference that i was fortunate enough to be patched into, the have aksed 13 players to sign the boxes of the Exquisite and that box will contain all cards of that signed player. Imagine a sign kobe or jordan or lebron and all cards in that box are their own. Signed or otherwise.

Exquisite has loaded this year with a lot of new cards that we haven't seeen in the past 4 Exquisite issues.

I'm very very excited already. I have pre-ordered a nice size. I'm just glad my suppliers were able to fill my order. No cuts, no allotment.

Okay.. Wednesday should be good for me, too.. Will prepare the cam tomorrow.. Will text you na lang to confirm.. :thumbsupsmiley:

^^ I don't know if its a sure thing that Ray Allen's and Garnett's Rookie Cards would have SIGNIFICANT up arrows in the price guide after winning the title.. When I say, SIGNIFICANT, I mean big time increases in value.. Its because they JUST transferred teams and formed a nucleus to win with Paul Pierce.. In a way, transferred to win.. In this sense, collectors would maybe shift their interests more on the Finals MVP, PAUL PIERCE..

I feel that Paul Pierce's cards would escalate in the price guide.. He was the sentimental favorite to win the Finals MVP plum and he has been with the Celtics since his Rookie season.. Plus he had an amazing run in this year's playoffs..

Don't get me wrong.. I have KG's Finest RC and I also have Allen's (although, Topps Chrome ang pinakamaganda ni Allen na RC), but I feel Pierce's cards will have the most significant increases.. Ironically, I don't have the Truth's best RCs (Chrome, Finest, SPX and SP Authentic) and I only have a handful of his good RC's (Metal, Ultra, Ionix, to name a few).. So, in as much as I would like KG's RC's to reach a new high, I highly doubt it.. In the first place, mataas na talaga ang RC ni KG.. Yung kay Pierce medyo mababa pa..

Cassel, Brown, Posey? Naah.. Stable pa din ang mga RCs ng mga yan.. But yung kay Powe, yun ang baka tumaas.. Yun nga lang, I did not believe in Powe's capabilities kaya ni isang Autographed RC wala akong kinuha.. Tsk, Tsk!!! haha..

I feel that Rondo's RCs and Powe's RCs can have quite good increases in next month's Beckett..

Well, let us wait and see.. :rolleyes:

Edited by revi

To rejuvenate this thread, Vertu was kind enough to invite me yesterday when his group opened three cases of UD Black, to take some pictures of his new pulls and some of the pulls of the night.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Here are the pictures..

First off is the "tambak" shot of the evening.. 3 cases of UD Black brought about these cards.. :thumbsupsmiley:

The 1 of 1 of the evening is a Mike Bibby Letter "I" letterman autograph.. Not the best of 1 of 1's.. But hey! Its still a one of one.. Some cards that were pulled were a Jordan and Lebron dual autograph, autographed patches of Bird and Lebron and a 50th anniversary patch of Bill Russell..

post-75683-1213802699.jpg

Edited by revi

More UD Blacks..

First picture are 50th anniversary patches.. All Autographed.. #d to 50..

Second Picture are all star patches.. All Autographed.. The gold autos (Erving, Jordan and Lebron) are all #d to just 15 pieces.. Yung Kobe #d to 25..

post-75683-1213803918.jpg

post-75683-1213804036.jpg

Edited by revi

More UD Black..

And as you can see, the Lebron and Jordan Silver dual auto is #d to 23 of 25.. What is LBJ's and Jordan's Number? 23 right? What does this make the card? A unique 1 of 1.. A card that can fetch a high price on the secondary market that is if Vertu would sell it in the future..

post-75683-1213805439.jpg

post-75683-1213805463.jpg

Edited by revi