Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

when the 1996 topps chrome nba first came out, i pulled a kobe bryant refractor rc. it booked at $120. i was trying to sell it for $75 but no takers as kobe was not a starter yet. so i kept the card. two years later someone had called me and asked if i still had the kobe refractor. i said yes. he said he wanted to look at it. he came to my house and was giving me $300. "huh?" i thought since i had not looked at a price guide for some time. i asked him how much it was worth and he said $500. i told him sorry but i wasn't selling the card. i sent the card to PSA (no beckett grading at the time) and received a PSA 9 for the card. in 1999 i put it on ebay and got a $1500 final bid. i was so happy since beckett had booked it at $900. however, the next month's beckett had the card value go up to $3000. go figure...

very nice!

marami pa bang nagcollect ng cards? i still buy and trade cards on the internet.

i used to collect all sportscards since 1990. my collection started getting out of hand (i was spending up to $1000 a week buying packs) and said that i would stop once i pulled my first michael jordan autograph. it finally happened in 2008 when i bought a pack of 2006-07 sp signature edition and pulled an mj auto. i quit after that and sold my whole collection on ebay.

nice thread! i hope to meet collectors here!

very nice!

marami pa bang nagcollect ng cards? i still buy and trade cards on the internet.

oo..sobrang marami ng cards ko. every payday ko bibili ako ng $1000 worth of nba card boxes para buksan ko. gusto ko talaga yung "thrill of the chase". nag convert ko yung isang kwarto ko sa bahay into a store room para sa sportscards ko. pero ngayon binenta ko lahat ng colection ko kasi there's just too many products out there to keep up with all of them..

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"...just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in again..". i quit collecting again...sold everything in december 2009, but last week i bought a box of 2004-05 upper deck sweet shot and pulled two autographed cards. a jason kidd auto and a kevin garnett white panel auto. two future hall of famers, or is it halls of famer..haha. hopefully, this is not the start of my addiction again..

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started collecting NBA cards in the year 1996, I was in 3rd Yr. HS. I still have my Michael Jordan cards, didn't took it out of the binder for years and was sad when I found out that some of the cards got stuck in the binder, it sticked like a sticker and some got torn when i forced it to take it out. A very costly fault by not putting individual sleeves before putting it in a binder. :(

• 3 weeks later...