New York Knickerbockers

They should have traded melo to new orleans for eric gordon and chris kaman.

Gordon is an often injured guard that you tend be able to over pay.. the Knicks now has JR Smith for the offensive firepower while Shupert could probably provide better D than him. Kaman might be decent but they already have Chandler who is their defensive anchor, why pay big bucks for a back-up center. I guess you'll only trade Melo or Amare if it nabs you back the likes of Howard or multiple first round pick. I love Amare and Melo but I guess their problem lies in the fact that they are the max players for the Knicks yet they can't seem to consistently play like one and drag the team down at times dry.gif However, i won't make dumb trades if it wouldn't net you the desired value that the team needs.

As you said Melo is paid franchise money but doesnt produce like it,

he's over paid through 2016.

Kaman is overpriced until this year only, he's lucky if he signs for half of what he made in his nxt contract.

and a 20pt scorer in eric gordon costs 5 million this year and a restricted free agent after this season.

which will probably land him offers around the 8 million range.

what they get here is flexibility and multiple options to correct the anthony aquisition.

As you said Melo is paid franchise money but doesnt produce like it,

he's over paid through 2016.

Kaman is overpriced until this year only, he's lucky if he signs for half of what he made in his nxt contract.

and a 20pt scorer in eric gordon costs 5 million this year and a restricted free agent after this season.

which will probably land him offers around the 8 million range.

what they get here is flexibility and multiple options to correct the anthony aquisition.

A Kaman+Gordon trade for Melo would only make sense for the Knicks if it would nab them back a first round pick the way NOLA lost CP3. But for Kaman and Gordon alone that might not be much of a smart trade. Dolan (NY Owner) is filthy rich but he micro-manages things and acts like a GM the way he gave up the rest of the Knicks team for Melo which Walsh and D' Antoni was against to begin with. That was the reason why Walsh resigned and I guess D'antoni was stuck with the not so ideal and makeshift line-up that resulted to his supposedly "mutual" resignation. I think money is not the problem for him and he might be willing to go over the luxury tax the way they used to be then with the likes of Marburry, Eddy Curry, Zebo, Jared, Crawford and Jerome James who are all gone now except for Jared who returned at a vet's min. only. Personally, i'd probably hold on to Melo and Amare since Howard has already committed that he would stay till next season to the Magics and see what damage they could do in the play-offs or if they could live up to the billing. From what I hear, next year would be a deep draft so it might be worth it to wait for it and get multiple first round picks for Melo.

speaking of Marbury..

Congratulations for reaching the CBA Finals with the Beijing Ducks!!!

beat the giant that is Guangdong and remind Aaron Brooks who the best point guard in the CBA is.

At least he could finally back-up his claim that he is the best point guard there is.. in China that is tongue.gif He ruined that chemistry he had with Garnett at the Wolves and then threw away the opportunity to play at the best team in the world by dragging the team down instead of giving it a championship. Now his stuck selling sneakers (Starbury) and playing for a Chinese team. Probably better than not playing and not earning at all rolleyes.gif

oden is recovering right now, hope he'll be healthy and play by next season, got a glimpse of his potential when he played for some games. bad pick or unlucky (malas lang talaga) for the blazers, instead of picking durant, the team was not so impressed to durant during a team workout., mahina daw sa benchpress si durant. kaya si oden ang pinili nila as the number 1 pick.

Correct. In the NCAA, both Durant and Greg Oden were the main competitors up to the championship

Knicks win again against the hapless Raptors with the score of 106 vs 87.

Stats for the night : Amare topscored with 22 points, 12 boards, 2 assist, 1 steal and 1 blk while followed by 18 points from J-Lin, 3, rebounds, 10 assist, 1 steal and 1 blk; Carmelo had 17 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assist and 3 steals; Chandler had 17 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 blks while JR Smith led the bench with 11 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 blk. The key tonight was the balance scoring and the Knicks limited the Raps below 100 with some good D. 4-game win streak baby!!! cool.gif

With regards to the zen master going to the Knicks, I think its more of Jackson accepting the role and not the other way around. The Knicks have been chasing him twice and have turned the Knicks down twice also based on the fact that he chooses team's where he has the best chance to win championships and add up to his legacy and not tarnish it. This is taking into consideration the fact that Knicks has been known as the career busters for some hall of fame coaches like Don Nelson, Lenny Wilkens, Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas and now Mike D' Antoni. The Knicks would have to show that they're very good and go deep in the play-offs for Jackson to notice them and make a gamble at it again. Otherwise, they're probably good with Woodson around.

Then the Knicks should give Jackson an offer he can't refuse in terms of monetary gain. In my opinion, the Knicks' frontline is the best in the East, if not the whole NBA. As for the Knicks being career busters for coaches, those coaches, with the exception of D'Antoni, didn't have these 3 players in their frontlines. Phil is a master of taming "bad boys" such as Artest and Rodman. He also has the ability to bring out the best in his players. Before Phil, no championships for 23. After Phil was done with the Bulls, MJ had 6. Before Phil, no championships for Shaq and Mamba. With Phil, Shaq had 3 while 24 had 5.

I don't think money would be the primary factor for Phil to accept the post. Back then it was his fave coach that recruited him and he still turned him down which was among the reasons why Van Gundy left New York. At one time it had Pat Riley as a coach who apparently abandoned ship and turned to Miami after being offered a bigger say in running the team thus starting the heated rivalry that culminated into a free for all rumble. The then New York team wasn't short in talent either having Ewing at the tail-end of his career being paired up with Camby, Larry Johnson, Spree, Allan Houston, Starks and Childs. Sadly, the bulls had MJ and it was enough for Phil to pick Chicago rolleyes.gif New York is a big market team and the spotlight is different as well as its fans who are very vocal and their loyalty are probably comparable to Red Sox fans of baseball prior to them winning a championship. Phil might accept the job for the challenge of winning it all in New York which has been starved of basketball championship for quite a time and further cement his legacy as the best coach there was or better than Red Auerbach (wining-est coach). Isiah also thought to have figured it all by pairing Eddy Curry with Zach Randolph while having Marbury as the guard and Jamal Crawford for the shooting guard and to top it off had Steve Francis for a back-up guard. Sadly, we all know how it panned out and Zeke came out as the most hated person at the Garden next to its owner Dolan angry.gif But i myself am intrigued by Jackson coaching my beloved Knicks, however, i'd be more glad if they win it all this year than next year and wait for Jackson's nod. After all, why wait? **grins**

Yup, you're right. Phil wouldn't abandon a championship team with the best player on the planet for a championship contender team in the Knicks. Chicago was the team the Knicks couldn't seem to beat during the early 1990's. In 1993, I thought it was the Knicks' time to dethrone the Bulls. I thought they would win it all that year, especially with a 2-0 lead in the Eastern Conference Finals and the homecourt advantage. I really think Phil could bring the Knicks to the championship with this lineup.

Nice idea. But is he not too old for a coaching job again?

And the Knicks win again on the road against a legit team in Philadelphia that is back to full strength with Hawes manning the post with a score of 82 vs 79.

Amare topscored with 21 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assist and 1 blk while J-Lin contributed with 18 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assist, 1 steal and 1 blk. He actually had a poor scoring for the 3 quarters and ended with a 4 out of 17 field goal but was perfect from the line scoring 10 points in the 4th to carry the Knicks to a grind fest defense oriented game. Carmelo had 10 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assist while Tyson Chandler only had 4 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 2 blks. JR Smith led the bench with 8 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 steals. The key here was of course the consistent D as well as Amare playing a big man's game and finally living up to his billing as a franchise player and J-Lin finally getting the calls on the fourth and making his free throws. The Knicks are on to their 5-game win streak which is the second longest in the Knicks history after a coach has been fired. Hope the streak continues against Toronto on the road, go KNICKS! cool.gif