New York Knickerbockers

• 2 weeks later...

Chandler was only in the All NBA 3rd Team. why?

Getting here is already a feat in itself for Chandler. He did won the defensive player of the year which befits his status. And Woody finally got the extension to coach the Knickerbockers. Hopefully they retain Novak and JR Smith and sign Lamar Odom who said in an interview that he is interested to play for NY. Surely they'd match any offer they get from J-Lin.

Edited by Droidz1979

Getting here is already a feat in itself for Chandler. He did won the defensive player of the year which befits his status. And Woody finally got the extension to coach the Knickerbockers. Hopefully they retain Novak and JR Smith and sign Lamar Odom who said in an interview that he is interested to play for NY. Surely they'd match any offer they get from J-Lin.

team chemistry is and will be the team's problem. melo's type of play does not fit the style of stat and j-lin.

team chemistry is and will be the team's problem. melo's type of play does not fit the style of stat and j-lin.

That's what people said of Wade and Lebron's game.. that both demand the ball too much that they'd overlap. Look at Miami now, you either pick a poison with that team and they could afford to rest the other while not worrying if the intensity of the game drops as long as 1 superstar is on the floor. Even Bosh sacrificed his game on the offensive end to be a factor with the team. I think the Knicks team can build a chemistry, they just need some consistency and stability.

That's what people said of Wade and Lebron's game.. that both demand the ball too much that they'd overlap. Look at Miami now, you either pick a poison with that team and they could afford to rest the other while not worrying if the intensity of the game drops as long as 1 superstar is on the floor. Even Bosh sacrificed his game on the offensive end to be a factor with the team. I think the Knicks team can build a chemistry, they just need some consistency and stability.

the difference between the miami situation and that of NY is that lebron and wade play the same game while melo plays a different kind of game compared to stat and lin.

melo is a post-up, isolation player while stat and lin are good pick n roll players. here is where the problem comes in. any way, let's see if the knicks can get past 1st round next year. they really underachieved this year with their first round loss.

the difference between the miami situation and that of NY is that lebron and wade play the same game while melo plays a different kind of game compared to stat and lin.

melo is a post-up, isolation player while stat and lin are good pick n roll players. here is where the problem comes in. any way, let's see if the knicks can get past 1st round next year. they really underachieved this year with their first round loss.

I think underachieved might be the appropriate term if you describe the entire season with D' Antoni coaching the team at the start but during the play-offs I don't think you'd expect much from them. I mean, you'd basically rule out a comeback from J-Lin even though he did attempted to make one, then Chandler got the flu to make any impact on Game 1 and 2, there PG was a gimpy Baron Davis whom they lost at Game 4, while Amare figured in a self inflicted and bone-headed injury after coming back from a relatively long back injury, then they lost their top guard defender in Iman Shupert at Game 1, heck they relied to the old knees of Bibby and had to resurrect Toney Douglas to play PG for them and this was against the mighty Heat team. If they had tanked some of their games and rested their starters the way the 76ers did and ducked the heat, they could have probably overcome the Bulls minus D-Rose too and could have handled the C's better. Melo played his heart out and gutted it out but I guess him against the big 3 of Miami just ain't enough coupled with the erratic play of JR Smith. Their was a stretch prior to the injury of Amare and J-Lin while being coached by Woodson that they meshed and played well so I don't think chemistry will be a problem. I mean Kobe is a ball-hog but he simply is being Kobe and they won the championship by being a well-oiled unit. I believe the Knicks can be that team, its the media that's just over hyping it all, NY being on a big market as opposed to the Nuggets team that Melo carried then that had a crappier support than the NY team could have been now. You could blame the condensed season for this one also with the number of top stars that are being injured as well as the lack of continuity in terms of coaching and manpower. It's a dense, ESPN mindset and knee jerk analysis when you'd say that Melo and Amare can't coexist thus you need to trade one for the team to improve. Look at San Antonio, its the model of stability that the Knicks should emulate. I guess for a supposedly die-hard Knick fan, a sensible analysis should be in order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Knicks did not match Jeremy Lin's poison contract offer from Houston and traded for Raymund Felton (yes that same Felton) and "crazy eyes" Thomas. They also lost Landry Fields to a ridiculous contract offer from Toronto (which I don't mind) and lost JJ with the Blazers trade (I don't mind losing Gadzuric coz he was a waste of space and barely felt his presence during the play-offs). Officially this is Melo's team now and what actually lured me to this team was the promise of rebuilding and a better future when Walsh came into town with D' Antoni in tow. James Dolan (infamous owner) drove them both out of town and this was the same guy that gave every living asset out there to acquire Melo and every future pick to acquire the self proclaimed best point guard in the world in Stephon Marburry who ended up playing in China and eating Vaseline ph34r.gif Oh, he was also responsible for hiring Isiah Thomas and destroying the career of esteemed coaches such as Lenny Wilkens, Larry Brown and you could add D' Antoni to that list already. Guess Phil Jackson is smart enough to not accept the offer and add himself to that infamous list. You could also add other infamous and egregious contact that the Knicks entered into with Eddy Curry, Zebo, Jamal Crawford, Steve Francis, JJ (before he returned on a vet's min. contract). Thus, it would make you wonder how he could be gun-shy all of a sudden to not match the 5M for 2 years and 15M on the 3rd year offer that Lin got from Morey (GM of Houston) which only averages at around 8M which is approximately what the likes of Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry, Devin Harris, George Hill, Mike Conley and Rodney Stuckey are getting. By the way, Calderon's salary is 10.5M per year while Nash is getting 9M while on his late 30's. Lin by the way is only 23 years old and the Knicks don't have any future first round picks in the foreseeable future since they've traded it all away and they are over the cap so they don't have any other chance to get a player with that much upside and at that cost tsk tsk

For this am ditching the Knicks.. It does not have have D'antoni and Walsh around anyway and will probably be rooting for a young team with a lot of upside in the Timberwolves next season. Ricky Rubio, Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic anyone? Plus I love Rick Adelman's brand of play and they may not win a championship with that line-up but so does New York. They traded youth and upside for late 30's players in Camby, Kidd and Thomas tsk tsk Sayonara guys!