What Is Your Purpose In Life?

• 2 weeks later...

Let me ask you this, folks... "What is the purpose of living!?"

What's the purpose of living if someday we will all be dead?! Don't tell me that we are living to make other people remember us or to help other people! Well, I have news for you! They are all gonna die too!

It has been said so many times before that we should all leave a mark in this world.. A mark in the world that we existed.. So that people will remember us.. Let's say we'll do that, leave a mark, people remember even if you're long gone.. And what is it to you?! You're DEAD already! And what is it to other people?! They'll die too! Wait! I hear someone saying... "At least you made a difference in their lives and that they experienced something good before they die!" Well, news number 2, when you die, none of those *happy memories* will matter! Memories are the first ones to go when you die.. before you're body ever rots away.

The reason why I sometimes go easy on life and just don't care whatever happens is because I know that someday, I'll die anyway. Whatever pain, problem or worries the future has in store for me, I don't care.. I'll die anyway, we all will!

This isn't a composition to pursuade people to not take life seriously. This is a composition to beg someone out there to give me an answer! Satisfy my curiousity!!! WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF LIVING?!

What's the purpose of living if someday we will all be dead?! Don't tell me that we are living to make other people remember us or to help other people! Well, I have news for you! They are all gonna die too!

It has been said so many times before that we should all leave a mark in this world.. A mark in the world that we existed.. So that people will remember us.. Let's say we'll do that, leave a mark, people remember even if you're long gone.. And what is it to you?! You're DEAD already! And what is it to other people?! They'll die too! Wait! I hear someone saying... "At least you made a difference in their lives and that they experienced something good before they die!" Well, news number 2, when you die, none of those *happy memories* will matter! Memories are the first ones to go when you die.. before you're body ever rots away.

The reason why I sometimes go easy on life and just don't care whatever happens is because I know that someday, I'll die anyway. Whatever pain, problem or worries the future has in store for me, I don't care.. I'll die anyway, we all will!

This isn't a composition to pursuade people to not take life seriously. This is a composition to beg someone out there to give me an answer! Satisfy my curiousity!!! WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF LIVING?!

Whoah! :boo: Looks like someone here is inciting EUTHANASIA! :evil:

By the way, my purpose ???

Is to find out my real purpose why I exist in this world... :hypocritesmiley:

It's too early for me to tell what my real purpose is...

Edited by Silvertide

To Know God

To Love God

To Serve God

To Know Yourself

To Love Yourself

To Serve Yourself

To know you’re Family

To Love you’re Family

To serve you’re Family

To Spread Love to others

Purpose of living for me is to prepare ourselves to meet GOD.

Our life here is like a training ground for us to be a good person

at para maging karapat dapat sa piling ni God.. :hypocritesmiley:

Purpose of living….. try to find this book (Purpose Driven LIFE)

Di ko pa sya nababasa pero try mo lang baka makahanap ka ng sagot….

The Purpose Driven Life is such a beautiful book....try and read it.....you have to finish it in 40 days....its a book and while reading it you will be ask to pray and meditate and think about your life... your purpose..... you need pen and paper din pala.

miss amethyst .. gusto ko talaga mabasa ang book na ito.. saan po ba sya

available?? dito kasi ako sa Jeddah K.S.A. may website po ba kung saan mababasa ito?

But we are gonna die anyway, right?  so why bother make a difference to other people's lives if they are gonna die anyway?  We all are...

This is not a very smart question, but I will try to answer.

We are all going to die, true, but until that hour comes, then we are going to remain alive,

Making sense so far?

Now while we are staying alive, we can either live life in dignity and freedom from want, fear, and pain,

or we can spend life living in agony, hunger, torture, ignorance, and sickness.

(Do you even know the meaning of living in want, fear, and darkness?)

Therefore, one of the purpose of our life should be to make living just and bearable for ourselves, our loved ones, and for all others in our power to reach. None of these people asked to be born. They are all stuck in this crazy mortal dungeons just as much as you and myself are. So while we are all here together, we might as well help each other out and together make life better for all us inmates.

Can you still keep up so far?

If you can't understand, 'tis OK. We are all doomed, right? Go ahead and end your own life now so that the rest of the world does not to bother with keeping you alive and happy, distorbo lang eh,

LC

People will live, people will die, but we live to make a difference. It may not be something that the world notices, it might not even be something anyone notices. But as long as we ourselves notice, and know that we did something worthwhile, then ... it is at least a purpose.

So I suppose nobody remembers Horatius at the bridge?

What about Jesus Christ?

Julius Caesar? Alexander the Great? Cleopatra?

Mother Theresa? Abraham Lincoln? George Washington?

It may be that you yourself are dead, but wouldn't it be nice if people would remember you?

"That Lady_Snake was one cool lady, she ..." is better than "Lady Who??? Never heard of her."

The memory may not last forever, it may fade in time. But it better than just saying "F*CK IT".

The Purpose of Living is to live, to accomplish things.

We are all going to die, true, but until that hour comes, then we are going to remain alive,

Making sense so far?

Now while we are staying alive, we can either live life in dignity and freedom from want, fear, and pain,

Therefore, one of the purpose of our life should be to make living just and bearable for ourselves, our loved ones, and for all others in our power to reach. None of these people asked to be born. They are all stuck in this crazy mortal dungeons just as much as you and myself are. So while we are all here together, we might as well help each other out and together make life better for all us inmates.

If you can't understand, 'tis OK. We are all doomed, right? Go ahead and end your own life now so that the rest of the world does not to bother with keeping you alive and happy, distorbo lang eh,

LC

Funny LostCommand. Very funny :thumbsupsmiley:

This is not a very smart question, but I will try to answer.

Making sense so far?

LC

Noted. Thanks! :)

That question/composition is actually posted on all my blogs (xanga, blogspot, and friendster blogs). I started a "documentary" type of novel revolving on that question.. collecting answers from different types of people (I had priests and nuns answer it, teachers, students, junkies, officemates, friends, and strangers). It's interesting how people answer the same questions differently but always having the same "point"... :D

Whoah!  :boo: Looks like someone here is inciting EUTHANASIA!  :evil:

and no.. :huh: I'm not inciting EUTHANASIA! :huh:

Noted.  Thanks!  :)

That question/composition is actually posted on all my blogs (xanga, blogspot, and friendster blogs).  I started a "documentary" type of novel revolving on that question.. collecting answers from different types of people (I had priests and nuns answer it, teachers, students, junkies, officemates, friends, and strangers).  It's interesting how people answer the same questions differently but always having the same "point"...  :D

so...magpapakamatay ka na ba? Sayang yung oxygen para sa yo eh,