What Is Your Purpose In Life?

Guest event_horizon

can't say i know at this point in my life. though i have done some noble deeds and they have given some sense of fulfillment, there is still this feeling that there is still something out there far greater that needs to be done... till then i will keep on searching for the answer.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Im here to do what I can... Life isnt about a purpose.. an end goal.. its about how we live it. Our lives affect other people whether we like it or not.

Remember we will all die naman.. We must make the journey as happy and as fruitful as it can be. Its all about being happy with where you are now.

:)

Just be.  There is no singular purpose for your existence in this world.  It is everything that you are at this very moment.  You are doing whatever it was you were meant to do.  Too vague?  Once you choose to do something, you simply do it.  This doesn't mean you can't change your mind halfway through, does it?  So right up to that moment, you're doing whatever it is you were supposed to do, as a consequence of who you are.  Thus, goes the saying, "Life is what you make of it."  :blink: 

Don't you just love philosophy?  <_<

Philosophy, in the strictest sense, doesn't encourage one to reach any profound truth.  It's merely an exercise of asking more and more questions....

Asking more and more questions-the same exercise that led to the greatest discoveries. Because it is only in the questioning of the mind that any truth is arrived at. Sorry to dissent with you mate.

I think Im here to do what I can...  Life isnt about a purpose.. an end goal.. its about how we live it.  Our lives affect other people whether we like it or not.

Remember we will all die naman.. We must make the journey as happy and as fruitful as it can be.  Its all about being happy with where you are now.

:)

What if the purpose is carrying on with the journey well? Because carrying on with the journey well allows you to take part in the continuing process of creation, and will give you happiness, and will make your existence fruitful. Is life not about a purpose then?

• 4 weeks later...
Asking more and more questions-the same exercise that led to the greatest discoveries. Because it is only in the questioning of the mind that any truth is arrived at. Sorry to dissent with you mate.

Hey, tatel1ph! No biggie. I always welcome different perspectives on any subject matter. True, true. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Nothing questioned, nothing learned....