What Is Your Purpose In Life?

Funny that i have to stumble here and confront myself with this question...like what they say..life is a journey,a moving on, a sailing on, and man is a sailor, a searcher of his path.

Until i am near my deathbed I will never really know what my life's purpose have been. But while contemplating on that as i'm still here, healthy and kicking...

i will continue to do what i am doing..

to give love when it is needed,

to be a good person, a good friend,

a good mother, a good daughter,

a good wife.

I will take this opportunity to live my life to the fullest,

to bring joy to those around me,

to try to reach for all those childhood dreams and continue dreaming,...

to love until there's nothing to love;

and

not to question why I have to suffer through life

but simply have FAITH that every single thing

that passes my way has reasons,

and i can actually survive them.

And when the time comes when I have to face my Creator...then and only then I can fully say what my purpose have been..or maybe I will just rely to whoever who will make my eulogy to tell people what and who I have been and how I lived my life.

My father told me once that my purpose in life is to serve God. Whats your purpose?

Youre father was right. Man was created to serve and eventually praise and go back to his Creator.

To know more read "Cathechism of the Catholic Church" available at National. Read and learn more.

Do we need to have a purpose?

If we do, who instructed us to have one?

And I don't think it would just be to praise and glorify God.

Why did he have to give us freewill if that would be

our sole/ultimate purpose of existence? Just a thought.

------------------------------------------------

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth....

• 2 weeks later...
My life's pupose? Hmm... I guess to do good in life, right?

Hi. Your signature caught my attention.

This dead guy who once said "wisest is he who knows he does not know" is one of the greatest minds who ever lived on this earth (I'm sure you know that).

It was an honest remark by him. It was no mystical or rethorical statement. It was the truth. He, like the other thinkers who came before and after him, like Socrates, Plato, Nicolas of Cusa, the Egyptians even, Johannes Kepler oddly, in trying to investigate the nature of finite things in this world, all, in the end, learned best that the more you know of the universe, the more questions who have in your mind.

Using this distinct capability that only man was endowed with - reason - there is this inherent drive of man to know (this passion for knowledge that has been bastardized by a consumer-culture and sex-rock-drug counterculture). Now of course, the finite will not be able to completely understand the infinite. The process these philosophers had gone through in trying to "master the universe" only ultimatley led them to the better realization that a higher being - a creator if you will - is indeed the source of everything.

This realization though did not stop them from achieving the genius and greatness in them. Because in the process, they learned and knew what their purpose was as human beings, distinct from all other creatures, who have this unique proportionality with God and the universe.

The Egyptians investigated on this proportionality. They learned, while studying the stars and heavenly bodies, that there indeed lies a "divine proportionality" that keeps everything in order and that makes true that nothing happens by accident. This same realization presented the Egyptians with a "universal physical principle" to work on in trying to establish their connection with this ultimate infinite source of all things, and their purpose on this earth.

Thanks for reading. Till next time.

• 2 weeks later...

i am faithless... there aren't much i believe in. i'm just trying to live my life the way i want it to be. i just want to share my music and art to the world and hopefully leave a legacy. i also just want to enjoy the pleasures this world can give me, hehe. forgive for being this way...

My purpose in life is to reduce men to whoredom! just kidding :D i think my purpose in life is to share what i learn about surfing and teach people of all ages how a great sport it is, my purpose in life is to be with Travis for the rest of my life, teaching him what he ougta be..just like moi' :P Happy loving person... :P

Purpose in Life....

I would define my answer in 3 ways...

as a Rational Man, our purpose in Life is to achieved Human excellence.

meaning, we should try to Loving, compassionate, and being not an assh*le to everyone.

2ndly, Spiritually speaking, our purpose in Life should be ...

to be a co-worker of the Divine Supreme Being

....its like this, if you believe that you have a SOUL, then you should set goals & apply it to your daily life, so that when you passed away, our soul will reach the "Mansions of Heaven" where we should belong.

As Jesus said, esoterically speaking, "In my Father's House, there are several Mansions".

Lastly, mentally speaking, every human must evolve wholelistically, meaning, we should always aim for Human excellence in every category...physically, mentally & spiritually.

the deepest secret is that life is not a process of discovery,

but a process of CREATION.

you are not discovering yourself, but creating yourself anew.

seek, therefore, not to find out Who You Are,

seek to determine Who You Want to Be.

the wonder of this purpose is that it is never-ending.

ending is a limitation, and God's purpose is without such a boundary.

we are here to remember, and re-create, Who We Truly Are.

:)

Just be. There is no singular purpose for your existence in this world. It is everything that you are at this very moment. You are doing whatever it was you were meant to do. Too vague? Once you choose to do something, you simply do it. This doesn't mean you can't change your mind halfway through, does it? So right up to that moment, you're doing whatever it is you were supposed to do, as a consequence of who you are. Thus, goes the saying, "Life is what you make of it." :blink:

Don't you just love philosophy? <_<

Philosophy, in the strictest sense, doesn't encourage one to reach any profound truth. It's merely an exercise of asking more and more questions....