Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

any views about sony H-Series cameras? or the sony brands itself?

I had the H1 before switching to the Nikon D80... basically its a point-n-shoot camera. It has a few accessories but not much to go for... plus they tend to have color fringes at the edges.

If you're just using it to take snapshots its ok... but if you're going serious with your photography... I don't really recommend it

sir phrozenkhold,

checked the website. and i noticed two kinds of units available: columbia and grey. ano difference nila? bakit mas mura yung grey unit? ano naman disadvantage nung grey unit?

thanks in advance!

Grey market camera units, are cameras smuggled from Hongkong or Singapore, and normally are only covered by a store warranty. Meaning should anything go wrong to your camera, you can only bring it to the store where you bought it from for repairs. Cameras imported though Columbia, the authorized importer, are covered by a one year warranty, and can be serviced/repaired at the Columbia Repair facilities.

Grey market camera units, are cameras smuggled from Hongkong or Singapore, and normally are only covered by a store warranty. Meaning should anything go wrong to your camera, you can only bring it to the store where you bought it from for repairs. Cameras imported though Columbia, the authorized importer, are covered by a one year warranty, and can be serviced/repaired at the Columbia Repair facilities.

salamat sir :)

nakaka tempt yung D300 nila.. :evil:

hi guys ! i'm new to this photography thing. in fact my camera is less than a week old, i would like to know your comments about the pic that i am attaching to this post. Your criticism is much appreciated. :thumbsupsmiley:

Looks okay (is that the park at Greenbelt?), but if you are going to shoot night scenes without flash, use a tripod, to lessen the background blurring. Also, Im sure you were focusing on the "objaydah" in the middle of the fountain, but you could have used the 2/3rds rule: The focus of your shot should be 2/3 of your width/height to allow more background elements, not at dead center.

What were your settings? You camera? Your lens?

mga sir/madam

whats d proper way of storing an slr camera? when not using it...

Get a dry box, and store it in a dry place away from moisture or excessive temperatures, dust and direct sunlight. Also, having a moisture absorbent bag helps keep it dry.

and its okay ba to use un magic clothe na nabibili sa ace hardware for cleaning the lens?

tnx

The chamois cloth? I'm not too sure that's a good idea. You need a good, lint-free cloth, like those used to wipe eyeglasses. Better yet, look it up on the web, since I may have a different idea.

mga sir/madam

and its okay ba to use un magic clothe na nabibili sa ace hardware for cleaning the lens?

tnx

Bro hindi maganda yang magic clothe na iyan. Kung bibili ka ng panlinis ng lens mo, yung panlinis ng eyeglasses/shades ang bilhin mo. Meron din nmang yung specialized cloth(Nklimutan ko tawag e, usually made in Japan ito) na merong built in static para makuha yung mga dust particles sa lens mo...

I just got myself a Canon 30D and just trying to get myself used to it. Okey ba ito for a starter? It's basically just for home use, nothing out of the ordinary use. What should I be concerned about? Any websites out there that has information about shooting techniques and to learn more about the equipments and extras? thanks.

just to clarify - grey units are not necessarily smuggled units...it's just that it's not covered by the warranty of the local distributor...

if i went bought a unit in HK with HK warranty, and i brought it home, and want to have it serviced by the local distributor, then they will not service it under their warranty terms...i would be holding a grey unit in the philippines...doesn't mean i smuggled it in...

how old is the camera? and how did you verify the actuations? if you took a shot and checked it, it may not necessarily be accurate. if i'm not mistaken, nikon's numbers go back to 0001 after it hits 9999...so puedeng 4566 or 14566 or 24566...

there is a freeware to check the number of actuations...or you can always bring it to the dealer to check...i forgot the name of the program though...check the photography websites or google it...

mga sir/madam

tnx

i use the 3m cleaning cloth for cleaning the cam body...

for the lens, i use a lenspen...they sell it sa island multi sales...it should last you a long time...

store your cam in a dry box if you will not use it for a long time, other than that, your cam bag should be okay...just keep it dust and moisture free...try to buy those "rechargeable" silicagels...

hi guys ! i'm new to this photography thing. in fact my camera is less than a week old, i would like to know your comments about the pic that i am attaching to this post. Your criticism is much appreciated. :thumbsupsmiley:

looks like there is camera shake...if you zoom in a bit you will see the "blur"...

you must have taken this at night, slow shutter speed, and handheld...

best to use a tripod which will eliminate blur in the whole picture - background, foreground etc... or place the camera on something stable...

background "blur" (or depth of filed) can be reduced by using a smaller aperture opening...(higher f stop)...but given your picture, i would prefer if the background is blurred since the stairs distract me from looking at the subject...

looks like there is camera shake...if you zoom in a bit you will see the "blur"...

best to use a tripod which will eliminate blur in the whole picture - background, foreground etc... or place the camera on something stable...

background "blur" (or depth of filed) can be reduced by using a smaller aperture opening...(higher f stop)...but given your picture, i would prefer if the background is blurred since the stairs distract me from looking at the subject...

I think you mean depth of field...

hi there... i'm really new in photography... actually.... i just got hooked because since i love going out of town and madami akong nasasayang na mga scenery dahil d ko napipicturan tapos i also have a point and shoot cam before... mejo marami rin naman akong nabubuo na idea kung ano ang magandang scene na picturan... im also planning to join sa camera club ng village namin.. aun.. im planning to buy a dslr cam... mejo tight budget din kaya i was like hoping that you could help me decide on a better cam to get.... im planning to get a nikon d60 w/ 18-55mm vr lens and purchase another lens w/c is 55-200mm vr or a nikon d80 kit w/ 18-135mm lens... budget ko kasi is 35k-40k lang .. later on na ako bibili ng flash kasi mejo costly... help naman po...dont worry...if may mga pix na ako na pwde ipakikta sa inyo... ill post them here so that mabgyan nyo ako ng contructive criticism.. pls help