Cellphone Reviews

i tried to install the garmin application on my previous phone, nokia E75, and it worked but it hangs sometimes, now knowing that 5530 is not compatible of garmin, i have to rely on my natural compass :thumbsdownsmiley:

e75 has built-in gps, 5530 has none. all is not lost though because 5530 has bluetooth and you can purchase a bluetooth gps to work with it

mas ok 5800 kasi may gps at 3G, ndi tulad ng 5530!! ayus

but who uses gps and 3G? those are features you buy but you seldom use. i, for one, seldom use gps and never experience using 3G. 5530 may suit a lot of consumers, i'm sure its technology is much better than its older brother 5800. like, the touchscreen might be more responsive

Guest Dobermaxx
but who uses gps and 3G? those are features you buy but you seldom use. i, for one, seldom use gps and never experience using 3G. 5530 may suit a lot of consumers, i'm sure its technology is much better than its older brother 5800. like, the touchscreen might be more responsive

I can only speak for myself but I saved myself a bunch of money thanks to the new OVI maps, I was ready to spend 12K on a GPS but then OVI Maps 3 was released. I just bought a holder and charged for the car and I was good to go :)

I can only speak for myself but I saved myself a bunch of money thanks to the new OVI maps, I was ready to spend 12K on a GPS but then OVI Maps 3 was released. I just bought a holder and charged for the car and I was good to go :)

hope it's adequate for you, Sir Dobermaxx. but since Ovi Maps are intended for cellphones, a rugged Garmin gps (like Etrex, Legend, etc) unit is still a must for serious tracking and wayfinding especially if you're riding a bike

also, after getting the Ovi Maps for my 5800, i immediately 'browse' the map with the gps 'off' (para wag mag-hang, a bad habit of garmin xt when 'browsing with gps on') and was surprised that the philippine map sold to Nokia by XXX gives only detailed street maps to 3 key cities (Baguio, Metro Manila, Cebu). highways and expressways are there but it's still wanting in many ways. anyone who've used the garmin rpmap are apt to compare and complain. but i'm not complaining about Ovi Maps 3 for Asia: singapore, hk, kuala lumpur and places in asia i've been are well-detailed. i'm sure upgrades will be available soon (with more income to XXX, of course)

now, has anyone tried installing Ovi Maps 3.0 in any Windows map program capable of reading it? that way, a bluetooth gps receiver (again i would insist of buying only sirf star III) could turn your laptop into one big monitor for wayfinding!

Edited by remoteworld
  • 2 weeks later...

i havent tried using my 5800 for gps.. pano po gawin yun?

i got mine sa retention program ng smart

after a week naghang na siya and di nagagamit yung front camera for videocall

and di nawawala or nagpopower saver yung screen ko..

and di gumagana bigla yung sa pagtilt ng screen..

dinala ko sa nokia center.. they upgraded yung software daw..

and change some part for the tilting..

then yun... nagagamit ko na yugn camera sa front..

pero yun.. nagloloko lahat ng sounds and video ko na nakasave sa memory card ko..

so i just use it for call and text and internet wifi

infairness mabilis and ok internet sa 5800=)

im planning to get another one for my sun.. kasi may 3.5G, mahina signal sa kwarto ko..

i havent tried using my 5800 for gps.. pano po gawin yun?

i got mine sa retention program ng smart

after a week naghang na siya and di nagagamit yung front camera for videocall

and di nawawala or nagpopower saver yung screen ko..

and di gumagana bigla yung sa pagtilt ng screen..

dinala ko sa nokia center.. they upgraded yung software daw..

and change some part for the tilting..

then yun... nagagamit ko na yugn camera sa front..

pero yun.. nagloloko lahat ng sounds and video ko na nakasave sa memory card ko..

so i just use it for call and text and internet wifi

infairness mabilis and ok internet sa 5800=)

im planning to get another one for my sun.. kasi may 3.5G, mahina signal sa kwarto ko..

it seems you got a lemon. but there's nothing a nokia center can't fix. and if they can't fix it, they'll replace it with a new one.

regarding the gps, pls log in to ovi.com, register to download maps ver. 3 for asia. to use it, go to 'settings' of gps 'position', uncheck all options except 'internal antenna'. then click on 'maps' in 'application' to to navigate. enjoy!

Just bought a Samsung GT-S5233S Full Touch screen phone for 7500 pesos. A somewhat cheap alternative for Nokia 5230.

You get a basic mp3 / mp4 / 3gp player with 3.2 megapixel cam. May usb cable narin ka kasama ito para sa madaling pag-transfer ng files sa pc. Surprise din yung keypad nya, kapag upward yung phone, you get the typical keypad set-up. But when you have it sideways, a qwerty keypad layout appears.

Ang napapansin ko lang na prolema, minsan parang bumabagal or naghahang. Mejo nasanay ako sa nokia kaya nakakapanibago yung pagtype ng mga symbols.

This phone is a good deal. Maganda din kasi yung sound quality ng external speaker. Try to find good deals kasi nung unang nakita ko to sa Samsung booth, 7590 yung price at wala pang micro sd memory card. Then i saw a shop selling it for 7500 flat with 2gb sandisk micro sd memory card. It's a good cheap touchscreen phone.