Too Shy Ask For His/her Number

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

back when Encore was still open, i saw this Korean girl who I so attracted to. since I didn't had the courage to approach and ask for her number, i drank 3-4 shots of tequila , nun medyo tipsy na ko chaka ko sya tinanong, there's also an advantage when you have alcohol in your system, pampalakas ng loob, good thing she gave her number. :rolleyes::lol:

I've always been too shy to ask for a girl's number. The more I like the girl, the more I get tongue-tied. Only when I don't have feelings for the girl can I ask with less hesitancy. In either case, my shyness comes from asking myself if there's a very good reason why we should exchange numbers.

Edited by Lord Superb
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good point of views guys! If your going to pull this off, you need to be presentable, put on your favorite cologne (not sweat!), make sure your breath is fresh, check your teeth for any obstructions, have confidence because girls are attracted to guys with confidence, and lastly, be friendly, not intimidating!

When I just graduated thousands of years ago, I was applying for a job in one of the companies in the Enterprise Center. I kinda liked the receptionist. She was kinda shy but I was able to talk to the other receptionist more. I asked her if she can give me the number of the one I liked. She said she'll ask her and let me know. Anyway, I was told that gusto rin pala ako nung isa so I was given her number. :D We went out on a friendly date once but di na naulit. Malayo ang Alabang e. Hahaha.

I guess it helps if the other person likes you as well or if they see you as a potential friend or partner.

• 3 weeks later...

di ko pa nagawa. pero nagawa na sa akin many times.

pero ang style nila mostly,

ipapadaan sa friends nila; or sa friends ko. :lol:

lately lang, sa inuman yung gay friend ko lumapit dun sa isang guy

na trip nila ng ibang gay friends ko nag offer sila ng tagay,

ang tanong nung guy sakanya ano daw name ko,

tinawag ako nung friend ko. tinanong ngayon saken

nung guy kung pwede daw malaman no. ko :P

mukha naman siyang nice, edi why not. GOW lang! :D

Edited by cHinitababe86
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I never do the "Hi Miss I'm ______ can I have your number?" thing LOL. My friends used to do that in college around 95% of the time it doesn't work. Yung 5% na gumana siya, sa bar/club iyan. Usual reply is just "Sorry I don't know you e".

You want to lower her defenses asap. Pwede naman yung "Hi I'm _____ if it's work or party but otherwise skip it if you're talking to a stranger in some place". Awkward most of the time.

Just start a very casual conversation. ITO YUNG MAHIRAP (I swear it took me years to learn this kasi mahiyain ako) pero kaya naman pala. It's either you just comment on something about her or ask her opinion about something. It gives her leverage kasi when you do that kaya lowered defenses niya. Feel niya subconsciously she's in a higher position than you.

I remember my first time trying to do this. First was in a bookstore. Tried to start a conversation didn't work she just smiled. I did the "comment on the surroundings" thing. It's not effective since it doesn't forcibly elicit a reaction. Fail but I learned a lot na nakatulong subsequently.

After a while just bring back what you guys have talked about and use it as an excuse to get her number. Like sa bookstore for example you can just mention that you guys can borrow each other's books. Pag sa grocery/farmers market just say you'd love to keep in contact to ask for recipes. Pag sa food area just say you'll update each other anong restos ok.

Just keep it smooth bro. Most probably won't work the first time but you'll get the hang of it. The first time (first approach, first words) is the most difficult. After that it gets easier. Try and try.

Note: Kaya it's important to always dress well. Kung posible always wear collared outfits outside. You won't know who you'll meet.

Edited by kannon
  • Like (+1) 1

I never do the "Hi Miss I'm ______ can I have your number?" thing LOL. My friends used to do that in college around 95% of the time it doesn't work. Yung 5% na gumana siya, sa bar/club iyan. Usual reply is just "Sorry I don't know you e".

You want to lower her defenses asap. Pwede naman yung "Hi I'm _____ if it's work or party but otherwise skip it if you're talking to a stranger in some place". Awkward most of the time.

Just start a very casual conversation. ITO YUNG MAHIRAP (I swear it took me years to learn this kasi mahiyain ako) pero kaya naman pala. It's either you just comment on something about her or ask her opinion about something. It gives her leverage kasi when you do that kaya lowered defenses niya. Feel niya subconsciously she's in a higher position than you.

I remember my first time trying to do this. First was in a bookstore. Tried to start a conversation didn't work she just smiled. I did the "comment on the surroundings" thing. It's not effective since it doesn't forcibly elicit a reaction. Fail but I learned a lot na nakatulong subsequently.

After a while just bring back what you guys have talked about and use it as an excuse to get her number. Like sa bookstore for example you can just mention that you guys can borrow each other's books. Pag sa grocery/farmers market just say you'd love to keep in contact to ask for recipes. Pag sa food area just say you'll update each other anong restos ok.

Just keep it smooth bro. Most probably won't work the first time but you'll get the hang of it. The first time (first approach, first words) is the most difficult. After that it gets easier. Try and try.

Note: Kaya it's important to always dress well. Kung posible always wear collared outfits outside. You won't know who you'll meet.

Very interesting. I'll try doing this. Kasi ung iba, rekta na agad sa pagkuha ng number. happy.gif

She prolly liked you for her to give it anyway in spite her having a boyfriend or she initially liked you then used the bf excuse when she realized hindi pala. J/k :P

Just the same, a lady wouldn't give info unless something made her interested too :)

Totally agree! ;)

Invest on a few oxford button downs. Try speaking with more eloquence. It's the little things that make you presentable at hindi mukhang holdaper/kidnaper :lol:

Americans actually strike up a lot of conversation here in public without issue. Being white is probably part of it (kaya hindi awkward) but it's really because sanay na sila kaya may confidence na at smooth.

It's a skill worth learning. If you don't do this kasi you're just limited to your social circle in finding potential dating partners. Pag kaya mo kumausap ng babae in public every week posibleng may bagong date ka since virtually unlimited na yung "pool" mo.