Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Try this sir:

M. ENRIQUEZ ART SUPPLY INCORPORATED

1-2/F Robin Theater Building 1541-43 C.M. Recto Avenue Sta. Cruz Manila Metro Manila 1000 Philippines

Phone: +6327115160

Devoir Commercial cor. of Recto and Quezon Blvd. facing Isetann

You might also want to try Pinoy Exchange, they have a thread there for model kit hobbyists as well as artists. Take a look at this link:

Pinoy Exchange

Edited by Dr_PepPeR

@Dr_PepPeR

Sadly, the only tank that I made was a Tamiya Sherman Geppard that I somehow threw away. It had a wired transmitter that made the tank go forward and back and turn left and right. . . .

I'll try to post some pics of my battleships sometime next year. They somehow survived my earlier penchant of throwing old things out.

Boss CivicVTi, I remember those wired RC's. My Lola got me an SU-100 way back in the 70's yata (but it was by MRC Tamiya). It was my one and only motorized kit in 1/35 scale. One of the first rin na I painted (Olive Drab?), so brush pa.

My mom/dad hate me for being so much of a 'pack-rat' and a hoarder. I've thrown some stuff, but very few. I still have boxes of my Bismark and Tirpitz bought from Unimart. I'm trying to keep my old kits (Revell, Monogram, even Aurora).

Have you returned to the hobby? I have, sort of, at least.

Its more AMS (Advanced Modeler's Syndrome). I buy kits, paints, tools. I kid myself that I'll build them someday, but I don't even finish 4 a year. And I have more than 150 kits left. If I stop buying, I have 37.5 years to finish all these.

Boss CivicVTi, I remember those wired RC's. My Lola got me an SU-100 way back in the 70's yata (but it was by MRC Tamiya). It was my one and only motorized kit in 1/35 scale. One of the first rin na I painted (Olive Drab?), so brush pa.

Mine was also painted in a kind of olive drab. If only I can find a mint vintage kit in ebay perhaps, I'd consider buying and assembling it just for nostalgia.

My mom/dad hate me for being so much of a 'pack-rat' and a hoarder. I've thrown some stuff, but very few. I still have boxes of my Bismark and Tirpitz bought from Unimart. I'm trying to keep my old kits (Revell, Monogram, even Aurora).

I've thrown so many models away...propeller/military jet planes, ships, cars, trucks, and a ChiPs motorcyle (from the '70s series) to name a few. If only I lived in a very large home and had the finances to buy a large glass display cabinet, perhaps I could have saved most of them. Being in high school and college at the time, I didn't think that one day I would regret throwing them away.

Have you returned to the hobby? I have, sort of, at least.

Its more AMS (Advanced Modeler's Syndrome). I buy kits, paints, tools. I kid myself that I'll build them someday, but I don't even finish 4 a year. And I have more than 150 kits left. If I stop buying, I have 37.5 years to finish all these.

Well, as of now I'm semi-retired from the hobby. I only have 2 kits left in my cabinet, an unfinished Queen Elizabeth 2 ocean liner (begun around 5 yrs ago and is pending) and a not yet begun Blue Thunder helicopter.

Fortunately for me I didn't have the funds to buy all the kits that I wanted. The kits that I purchased all through the years though, I have managed to build. Only the aforementioned 2 kits remain. Hopefully before this new decade ends, I would have found the time to finish everything.

"Mine was also painted in a kind of olive drab. If only I can find a mint vintage kit in ebay perhaps, I'd consider buying and assembling it just for nostalgia."

I'm not sure if your kit has been retooled or re-issued by Tamiya. One thing I can say is that I was able to get Tamiya's 88mm Flak gun 3-5 years ago and it was very much the same (including the Zundapp motorcycle and 8 figure Afrika Korps kit)as that made by a classmate in 1977.

"Fortunately for me I didn't have the funds to buy all the kits that I wanted. The kits that I purchased all through the years though, I have managed to build. Only the aforementioned 2 kits remain. Hopefully before this new decade ends, I would have found the time to finish everything."

Heheheh, I was like that until I finished law. In fact, I used to use elmer's glue and watercolor paints lang so I could assemble, disassemble, then re-assemble. Mahal noong araw and no funds. But basically I accumulated my kits after my marriage had been annulled. And some of these kits went as low as P60.00 (144 scale jets by Academy). Apparently, I'm averaging about 10 kits purchased in a year.

Heheheh, I was like that until I finished law. In fact, I used to use elmer's glue and watercolor paints lang so I could assemble, disassemble, then re-assemble. Mahal noong araw and no funds. But basically I accumulated my kits after my marriage had been annulled. And some of these kits went as low as P60.00 (144 scale jets by Academy). Apparently, I'm averaging about 10 kits purchased in a year.

You're lucky the kits that you want are readily available locally and are cheap! After I graduated from the common plane, car, and truck, what I really wanted was famous vehicles from hit TV shows and movies. Besides being very hard to find locally, they tend to command high prices specially if the kit is discontinued (examples are the Airwolf helicopter and Knight Rider KITT). There's always ebay, but the added cost of shipping and post office fees just put a lid on my model collecting. I'll just have to content myself in looking at other people's work and collection for now.

Haha I have all you guys beat! I have 800 plus unbuilt models. I finish two every year if I manage to find the time. I'm over 50 years old. I don't want to do the math. I'm so pathetic.

Wow, now that's a lot of models! At least you're building and finishing two every year. When we're all trying to live a decent life in a rat race and still find time to build, I consider that a huge accomplishment already.

Hey guys!

What airbrush would you recommend fo painting small amounts of paint that's easy to switch colors and clean? Have a non-model assembly related project that requires quick and easy color change and easy airbrush maintenance.

Speaking of AMS - I'm guilty too! I was only able to finish one kit last year - a Macross Frontier VF-25. Darn kit had soooo many parts, close to 300 yata! Hoping to start and finish its VF-27 counterpart. Aaaaand I still have a shelf full of Star Wars kits to build.

Walked into Roel's shop the other day. Buti na lang they were talking about fishing instead of model assembly at indi na ako napa-bili.

Hey guys!

What airbrush would you recommend fo painting small amounts of paint that's easy to switch colors and clean? Have a non-model assembly related project that requires quick and easy color change and easy airbrush maintenance.

Speaking of AMS - I'm guilty too! I was only able to finish one kit last year - a Macross Frontier VF-25. Darn kit had soooo many parts, close to 300 yata! Hoping to start and finish its VF-27 counterpart. Aaaaand I still have a shelf full of Star Wars kits to build.

Walked into Roel's shop the other day. Buti na lang they were talking about fishing instead of model assembly at indi na ako napa-bili.

For those kind of jobs I use a Badger 250:

http://wondertrail.com/images/uploads/otherpaints1/BAD250-2.jpg

I bought mine for about P800 and I just clean it by spraying thinner through it. I don't talk to Roel anymore, all he wants to talk about is deep sea fishing.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR

For those kind of jobs I use a Badger 250:

http://pics.towerhobbies.com/image/b/badr1055.jpg

I bought mine for about P800 and I just clean it by spraying thinner through it. I don't talk to Roel anymore, all he wants to talk about is deep sea fishing.

Hi Doc!

Where did you get your badger? (hehehe if it were in a different forum, that would have been "beaver")

I'm also considering those side feed airbrushes with small paint cups so we can paint with even 10ml to 15ml of paint.

Hi Doc!

Where did you get your badger? (hehehe if it were in a different forum, that would have been "beaver")

I'm also considering those side feed airbrushes with small paint cups so we can paint with even 10ml to 15ml of paint.

Beavers would be a more interesting topic. I got mine from National Bookstore. What I like about this is I get to use the hose from my Badger double action and it has no needle (it is an external feed) to clean and disassemble.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

need your advice does scale 1/350 recommended for beginner to refresher? I once build academy yamato, and a Mazda RX8 (This should be veilside, turn to spoon turn to black), need more improvement on the painting part.

right now I'm choosing to start with a ship(Battleship / Destroyer class), Cars (Coupe to Sports) or Tank (which basically If I can build one).

for your suggestions also since you guys are far more experience.

Thank you

Just bought Academy M-18 Hellcat from Ali Mall the storekeeper told me that the owner mark down the prices of the Academy, this would be my first tank scale ever. I was planing to buy the Damage one's battleship but it has no decal. I preyed my eyes on trumpeter USS San Francisco and USS Washington, before I set my eyes on the tanks. " now what I need is Scale Tank building for dummies" the instruction said to paint some parts. Its the inside compartment. I was also looking for the Badger spray gun, noob question where can I buy the compressor? where to refill?

post-219479-0-28804200-1297606922.jpg

Just bought Academy M-18 Hellcat from Ali Mall the storekeeper told me that the owner mark down the prices of the Academy, this would be my first tank scale ever. I was planing to buy the Damage one's battleship but it has no decal. I preyed my eyes on trumpeter USS San Francisco and USS Washington, before I set my eyes on the tanks. " now what I need is Scale Tank building for dummies" the instruction said to paint some parts. Its the inside compartment. I was also looking for the Badger spray gun, noob question where can I buy the compressor? where to refill?

Welcome back to scale modeling. I don't know how others paint their kits, I guess it's basically a culmination of aoll your experience and how you like things done. Me, I normally paint anything and everything as close to that given by the instructions. This means painting the small parts and sub-assemblies first, putting them together, masking the final kit, painting, decaling, and lastly, weathering. Canopies deserve a different treatment altogether.

But I would suggest starting with armour kits. They can be as dirty, as battered and grime filled as you want, basta flat coat lang.

Badger, as Doc Pepper has suggested may be found in National Bookstore. Tamiya Sprayworks at Lil's works well and may be gotten with its matching compressor. I personally use Aztec - sold long ago by National Bookstore.

Welcome back to scale modeling. I don't know how others paint their kits, I guess it's basically a culmination of aoll your experience and how you like things done. Me, I normally paint anything and everything as close to that given by the instructions. This means painting the small parts and sub-assemblies first, putting them together, masking the final kit, painting, decaling, and lastly, weathering. Canopies deserve a different treatment altogether.

But I would suggest starting with armour kits. They can be as dirty, as battered and grime filled as you want, basta flat coat lang.

Badger, as Doc Pepper has suggested may be found in National Bookstore. Tamiya Sprayworks at Lil's works well and may be gotten with its matching compressor. I personally use Aztec - sold long ago by National Bookstore.

Hi, Thanks for the advice. do I still need to primer the parts? or I should directly apply base coat directly? this is for the Hull, before I could apply some aging (dusting)inside. but for the outside, plan to coat it with primer first before I could apply the base coat.

when it comes to airbrushes, I have to idea. I saw a Mr. Hobby Airbrush with single free canister, cost P1250 at SM north. for the Badger 250, where could I buy the small compressor? and for the Tamiya SprayWorks do you happen to know the price? my apologies for too much questions.

Gudam Civic i'm into scale modelling, my problem is madali matangal or brittle yung work piece after malagyan ng glue, can u help into that, ano klase ba ng glue ginagamit mo?, saan ka bumibili ng scale model, ako airplane and tank ang binubuo ko. thanks in advance

Wolf, the current trend now sa kits ay superglue (Mighty Bond, etc.). For sure kapit yun, just be careful not to glue yourself or your other stuff.

Check out Lils Hobby Shop at the basement of Megamall, Trinoma and at Park Square in Makati.

Wow!! Civic!! Ganda ng mga sasakyan mo!

I remember building the KITT and the Airwolf back in the 80s. Needless to say, they werent as beautiful as your builds.

Thanks for the compliment sir! Actually I'm not an expert in building models...I don't even own or know how to use an airbrush! I just rely on ordinary paint brush and spray cans.

Later I'll post pics of my Titanic :D

Gudam Civic i'm into scale modelling, my problem is madali matangal or brittle yung work piece after malagyan ng glue, can u help into that, ano klase ba ng glue ginagamit mo?, saan ka bumibili ng scale model, ako airplane and tank ang binubuo ko. thanks in advance

Hello bro, I use this which I bought years ago, don't know if its still available.

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt302/CivicVTi_2009/DSC02948.jpg

You may also want to try sir Boelcke's advice of using super glue for its quicker drying time.