Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Just wanna share some vintage models I assembled years ago, hope you like how it turned out...

Kenworth Aerodyne COE (similar rig used on the late 70s TV seried BJ & the Bear)

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt302/CivicVTi_2009/DSC02766.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt302/CivicVTi_2009/DSC02765.jpg

Edited by CivicVTi
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys, questions:

• Sinong nakakaalam kung san pwedeng makabili ng air hose para sa Paasche airbrush. Nanakaw kasi yung sa akin, haven't found a place to get a replacement yet.
  • Does anybody play Warhammer 40,000 here?

Actually, I haven't even seen a Paasche airbrush sold here. Might be the only option is mail order thru the internet? Perhaps the more experienced modelers here have a better idea.

Some pics of my 1:25 scale Revell Corvette Stingray convertible:

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt302/CivicVTi_2009/DSC02853.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt302/CivicVTi_2009/DSC02859.jpg

The pamphlet on the seat is a really nice touch! I only noticed it now.

Actually, I haven't even seen a Paasche airbrush sold here. Might be the only option is mail order thru the internet? Perhaps the more experienced modelers here have a better idea.

The airbrush was sent to me by my relatives in the U.S. Even my college professor (from whom I learned my scale modeling skills), says that it has been years since anybody has sold the brand locally. But I was still hoping that the air hose was standard, specifically the couplings on the hose.

So if anybody knows where to get replacement hoses, I'd appreciate it.

@Dr_PepPeR

Thanks for the compliment Dr_PepPeR! Actually its a decal that came with the kit. I made this model so many years ago, the reason why the red markings on the tires are withering away.

I know you prefer tanks and heavy artillery when it comes to modeling. Sadly, the only tank that I made was a Tamiya Sherman Geppard that I somehow threw away. It had a wired transmitter that made the tank go forward and back and turn left and right. And the turret rotated with the help of another motor. Damn, wish I could have that beauty back for nostalgia's sake.

I'll try to post some pics of my battleships sometime next year. They somehow survived my earlier penchant of throwing old things out.

Edited by CivicVTi

The airbrush was sent to me by my relatives in the U.S. Even my college professor (from whom I learned my scale modeling skills), says that it has been years since anybody has sold the brand locally. But I was still hoping that the air hose was standard, specifically the couplings on the hose.

So if anybody knows where to get replacement hoses, I'd appreciate it.

Another option to try are the airbrush artists here. I've seen Paasche airbrushes being used by Tshirt painters in Megamall.

@Dr_PepPeR

Thanks for the compliment Dr_PepPeR! Actually its a decal that came with the kit. I made this model so many years ago, the reason why the red markings on the tires are withering away.

I know you prefer tanks and heavy artillery when it comes to modeling. Sadly, the only tank that I made was a Tamiya Sherman Geppard that I somehow threw away. It had a wired transmitter that made the tank go forward and back and turn left and right. And the turret rotated with the help of another motor. Damn, wish I could have that beauty back for nostalgia's sake.

I'll try to post some pics of my battleships sometime next year. They somehow survived my earlier penchant of throwing old things out.

Actually I thought that the faded red sidewall was part of your weathering. It's still a nice model anyway. Looking forward to seeing your battleships.

Another option to try are the airbrush artists here. I've seen Paasche airbrushes being used by Tshirt painters in Megamall.

Really? Which stall in Megamall are these painters located? The only SM that I know that has Airbrushed T-shirt Painters is in North EDSA, and they use Badgers. I'd like to ask them. Thanks!

I've asked at Lil's and Specialty Toy, but neither one of them have supplies for airbrushes.

Really? Which stall in Megamall are these painters located? The only SM that I know that has Airbrushed T-shirt Painters is in North EDSA, and they use Badgers. I'd like to ask them. Thanks!

I've asked at Lil's and Specialty Toy, but neither one of them have supplies for airbrushes.

Unfortunately I saw it being used at a T-Shirt painting competition in Megamall. Have you tried the art supply stores in Recto, like Enriquez or Devoir?