Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

I'm planning to pick up this hobby again. What's the best place to buy kits and supplies now?

Rockyroadster,

You have three choices for shops, JMN in Harrison Plaza, Lils in megamall, Makati or TRinoma, and STC in SM North, Alimall, Greenhills, SM fairview or tetuan.

Check out our website: www.ipmsmanila.com or contact us if you would like help getting back in the hobby. Thanks!

Rockyroadster,

You have three choices for shops, JMN in Harrison Plaza, Lils in megamall, Makati or TRinoma, and STC in SM North, Alimall, Greenhills, SM fairview or tetuan.

Check out our website: www.ipmsmanila.com or contact us if you would like help getting back in the hobby. Thanks!

Ah, so it's still Lil's. Thanks for the reply sir. I visited your site also, I'll register when I start again, but soonest I'll do this would be August pa. Sooner if I finish my projects earlier.

Reminds me of my hobby back in the late 90's, I was into 1:35 models back then and still have some unpainted Academy and Tamiya kits

You can always get back into it sir. The nice thing today is that there are plenty of people who can help you get back into the hobby.

• 1 month later...
forgot to mention the urethane clear will be for the top coat. then wetsand from 2000 to 12000 grit. buddies Nick and Ricky did this with their bike kits and Nicks Kampfer Gundam kit. is that a new kit from Academy?

where could I find higher grits? I am looking at ace hardware but can't find one. They only have those 2000-3000.

any recommendation for an airbrush thats available locally? preferably an airbrush/compressor kit combo.

You can check out Tamiya's Sprayworks Set, it has an airbrush with a compressor and it's very compact, don't forget to buy the adaptor so you can plug it into an electric socket. I still prefer using a Badger 150 with a compressor/holding tank that I got from a local hardware store.

Mahilig ako dati magbuo ng 1:24 cars, high school days, sumasali din ako pag may competitions dati sa motorshow & transhow. meron pa ba competitions ngayon?

There are two major competitions hosted by two different IPMS chapters in the Philippines, one is in November, and the other is in.. I forgot but someone will chime in for me.

• 2 weeks later...