Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Wow! Nice diorama! And its lighted even. Very good photography as well.

Thank you Doc. I am still in the process of building my NAIA1 and NAIA3 terminal to complete my Manila airport. Just having some problems with research work on the airport plans as well as.....TIME. Hehe. When I did the research on this NAIA2 it was before the 9/11 incident. I got to take pictures within the vicinity of the airport. Now I resort to FlightSim screenshots of PFSG members to help me with my research on the 2 terminals.

Thank you Doc. I am still in the process of building my NAIA1 and NAIA3 terminal to complete my Manila airport. Just having some problems with research work on the airport plans as well as.....TIME. Hehe. When I did the research on this NAIA2 it was before the 9/11 incident. I got to take pictures within the vicinity of the airport. Now I resort to FlightSim screenshots of PFSG members to help me with my research on the 2 terminals.

I really admire your attention to detail as well as your scratch building skills but most of all I admire your patience in getting everything right. Even at 1:200 scale, this thing must be huge! How big an area does it actually cover? And where in the house do you have this set up?

I really admire your attention to detail as well as your scratch building skills but most of all I admire your patience in getting everything right. Even at 1:200 scale, this thing must be huge! How big an area does it actually cover? And where in the house do you have this set up?

It took me 3months to finish my research and another 3months for the model airport. I have work during day time so I only work at night from 8pm - 10pm or sometimes until 12 midnight. This is in 1:400 scale and not in 1:200 scale. The dimension is around 3.5ft X 3.5ft. I have a specific room for my collection which is also called my home office but basically it's my hobby room. I have another Z-scale train diorama of 4ft X 9ft in size. This one is located on the sort of an attic. If ever I will be able to complete all the terminals in Manila then I believe it will occupy the whole room.

Well, I believe that this kind of scratchbuilding of architectural models are quite easy for masters like you doc. We just put all the details there and doesn't really require things like weathering and stuff. My airport naturally weathered itself when I wasn't able to clean it for months. Hehe. :goatee:

Holy cow, thats really impressive!! havent seen non-PAL or non-Air Phils planes on Terminal 2, though. Also, the biggest PAL planes on the South (Domestic) Wing has been the occasional A330. But heck, ganda nito!

Have you ever thought of joining the diorama competition in this year's IPMS-Bert Anido scale model Nationals competition? Might give other entries a run for their money.

Oh, btw, Im still very much interested, sir. Thats the Herpa A340 and B747 set, right?

No rush at all naman. Im still quite busy din naman at the time being. But Id very much appreciate if you can arrange for that set.

Haha....you are absolutely right sir Boelcke. Not so accurate diorama. In fact, there's no MD11 in PAL fleet anymore. I don't have enough Pal planes kasi that time kaya I just put whatever I felt like. In the last picture you can find a CebuPacific B767....wala din pong B767 CebuPacific. I hand-painted that one kasi at that time no manufacturer produced CebuPacific yet. I bought a Blank all white diecast plane(767 lang available that time)and painted it. After 2months, manufacturers started producing Cebu Pacific.Dami na ngayon.

Haven't thought of joining the competition. Hindi pa ata ako handa...besides I haven't maintained the model so it's gathering dusts right now. Probably later on when I clean up the model and add T1 and T2 to it. I'm still gathering my research works. Ang hirap na kasi makakuha ng plans ngayon after 9/11.

I'll inform you once I get hold of the Herpa PAL set(1:500).

Still, if you got time (for all modelers here na rin, including Doc, whom Ive invited every year, hahaha!), Id invite you to drop by between November 24-28, 2008, at SM Mega to see the show. You'll love it.

Oh, and I like the job you did on the Cebu Pac. Didnt they operate 757s before?

Still, if you got time (for all modelers here na rin, including Doc, whom Ive invited every year, hahaha!), Id invite you to drop by between November 24-28, 2008, at SM Mega to see the show. You'll love it.

I'll definitely try to be there sir...that is if I'm in the country. hopefully, I'll be able to meet some of the masters here like Doc and you sir Boelcke.

Thanks sir. Cebu Pacific did operate 2 757s before but not in this scheme. It is in the City of Manila scheme. I also have that model in 1:200. The scheme I painted on this B767 was painted to a DC9 before. I think these are all replaced now by the Peach Mango Pies' A320 and Atrs.

And I've been going to the IPMS BAC annual contests every year except for last year Herr Boelcke. I just haven't entered anything yet since I know it will be in the same general area as your's and Super Mario's entries. Apples and oranges as they say. I think Cruzer's diorama would have a chance at an award since I haven't seen anything like it yet. Would this go into the diorama category?

nice!

im taking my leave here and be back at phil by nov16. good thing i can visit the exhibit in megamall. gonna be my first time.

an add on "something to do" list back in phil. i bet the visit will be worthwhile. :)

i have this thing with Destroyers of WWII, Tamiya types. hey whats your choice between a Yamato and a Bismark?? (sorry for the spelling)

having second thoughts kasi baka masayang cause its gonna be my first. should try ko muna cguro mga small size boats for practice sa painting cause for sure dun ako sasablay. :wacko:

whats our opinion mga sir? :lol:

looking forward to this.

where in Mega would it be held this year?

Trade Hall?

nice!

im taking my leave here and be back at phil by nov16. good thing i can visit the exhibit in megamall. gonna be my first time.

an add on "something to do" list back in phil. i bet the visit will be worthwhile. :)

i have this thing with Destroyers of WWII, Tamiya types. hey whats your choice between a Yamato and a Bismark?? (sorry for the spelling)

having second thoughts kasi baka masayang cause its gonna be my first. should try ko muna cguro mga small size boats for practice sa painting cause for sure dun ako sasablay. :wacko:

whats our opinion mga sir? :lol:

Off the top of my head, both the Yamato and the Bismark are battleships. Tamiya has these I think both in 1/350 and 1/700 scale. Since Tamiya is still kinda expensive, why don't you try looking at the Trumpeter kits? I think they have destroyers in 1/350 scale and some ships in 1/700 scale. It might be better to practice on the 1/700 scale ship first since they are cheaper then move on to the Trumpeter 1/350 before tackling the 1/350 Tamiya battleships. Just my two cents.

To all,

The event will be held at the Atrium, ground floor, of SM Mega. Just right at the EDSA entrance (sorry, cant seem to remember if its Mega A or B). Its is the same building as Lil's Hobby Corner and the skating rink.

Hope to see you all there.

Doc,

Yeah. We always seem to miss each other in the Nationals. Hopefully this year Ill catch up with you.

Nillisticool,

I agree with Doc. Better practice on smaller kits first. For some reason, ship kits are more expensive.

But if its a choice between the Yamato and the Bismarck, Ill pick the Yamato any day.

:)

Trumpeter? meron din ba nyan sa Hobby shop sa megamall? cge sir ill start sa smaller scale, Battleships nga pala iyon. cge kita kita nalang sa Megamall sa Nov24. many thnx again. :)

Yes, Lil's has a lot of Trumpeter kits at their shop at the basement of Megamall. I did a few Tamiya ships when I was younger but they looked a bit expensive when I took up the hobby again recently.

Hope to meet you at the nationals Herr Boelcke, I'll be the one trying to pester Super Mario and the big guy who is your Treasurer.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...