Martial Arts

Corkscrew

• 2 weeks later...

is there a WEKAF ( World Escrima Kali - Arnis federation ) school here in manila?

i started kali when i was studyin in cebu , coz i was residing in the same village where the WEKAF headquarters/dojo 's located . cacoy canete was the grandmaster and i spent roughtly about 80hours under Master Val . but the army CAD my ass so ive almost forgotten the basics. Hope any of you guys can assist me on this

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning Martial arts enthusiasts!

Have anyone heard about MMAX? here's their website www.mmaxcombat.com. Im looking for a good MMa class where I can learn No-gi grappling and basic strikings, I came accross this group when I enquired at Eclipse Gym. however im not familiar with their background nor the credentials of the instructors, just want to make sure Ill get what im really looking. anyone familiar with the groups credebility.. your feedback will help thanks in advance.!! :)

Good morning Martial arts enthusiasts!

Have anyone heard about MMAX? here's their website www.mmaxcombat.com. Im looking for a good MMa class where I can learn No-gi grappling and basic strikings, I came accross this group when I enquired at Eclipse Gym. however im not familiar with their background nor the credentials of the instructors, just want to make sure Ill get what im really looking. anyone familiar with the groups credebility.. your feedback will help thanks in advance.!! :)

hav@\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00Ú\x00\x00<their classes and knowing the coaches personally, they know their stuff... my best advice is go to their classes, try them out and see for themselves.

Several times, I have seen groups who look good on paper but the classes aren't what they're hyped to be.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

hav@\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00Ú\x00\x00<their classes and knowing the coaches personally, they know their stuff... my best advice is go to their classes, try them out and see for themselves.

Several times, I have seen groups who look good on paper but the classes aren't what they're hyped to be.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Thnx for the advise Olympus, BTW can u recommend any good calss to learn MMA or atleast a "pure" no-gi grappling class? I know there are a lot of BJJ classes out there, but they usually focus on gi grappling, so far a class that I know which teaches "pure"no-gi grappling is "Submission sports" can u point out any other options that teaches pure no-gi grappling?.. tnx much ! :)

Mayroon bang local JKA chapters dito sa Metro Manila? Also, mayroon bang judo clubs here? Im thinking of getting back into training para lang mayroong focused exercise along with gym/weight training.

Sports medicine building near Harrison plaza.. Good luck fellow judoka... white belt nga lang ako... hey balita naman on details. ... I found out about that place from a fellow club member from DLSU... In that place you even luck out you train with National team members...

Thnx for the advise Olympus, BTW can u recommend any good calss to learn MMA or atleast a "pure" no-gi grappling class? I know there are a lot of BJJ classes out there, but they usually focus on gi grappling, so far a class that I know which teaches "pure"no-gi grappling is "Submission sports" can u point out any other options that teaches pure no-gi grappling?.. tnx much ! smile.gif

Submission sport, alliance, suntokaran and hybrid yaw yan teach no gi grappling. Where are you located to begin with?

Thanks for taking time in answering my queries olympus, Im located at Makati, also anywhere near makati will do. tnx!

I makati, newbreed academy will be your best bet. Now, to be honest, you also need to learn how to use the gi since there are some details that you learn with gi that you will be able to transition into no-gi.

All DCC world champions started out with gi. From Saulo Ribeiro, Marcelo garcia and the likes are all BJJ black belts

Any Arnis De Mano/Kali practitioners here who also specialize in Arnis sub arts:

Mano-Mano

Panantukan/Pangamut

Pananjakman

Harimaw Buno/Dumog

Parang bihira kasi ang mga Arnis practitioners na magaling na sa empty hand form ng Arnis eh.

Hi Guys, I was wondering if there are any places that provide karate whether it be seidokaikan, ashihara or shotokan karate, please, I'd love to find out where a great place to learn karate and the other forms of it.

Many Thanks Guys :)

Edited by Bipo1227
Hi Guys, I was wondering if there are any places that provide karate whether it be seidokaikan, ashihara or shotokan karate, please, I'd love to find out where a great place to learn karate and the other forms of it.

Many Thanks Guys :)

where are you located to begin with?