walang night life sa bohol.... bawal may curfew dun...

95% of bohol is Catholic Solid...kaya very traditional ang mga tao dun...

if you like Chicks bring your own from manila... or go to cebu for a night dun sigura do

buhay ang night life....

how true!

and bohol residents are soooo catholic because if you read history, you'll find out that miguel lopez de legaspi's group had a hard time colonizing/fighting natives in cebu and elsewhere. it was only sikatuna of bohol who was sold to legaspi's talk of 'genuine friendship'. that pact eventually paved way to 300 years of slavery. no wonder they put up so many churches here. churches that could double up as fortifications judging from their architecture

tip: bring beer bottles or beer cans before going to 'blood compact' statues. para kunwari kasama ka sa inuman nila when you pose

Edited by remoteworld

that pact eventually paved way to 300 years of slavery. no wonder they put up so many churches here.

If I may correct my friend

300-85=215

Bohol was 85 years independent from Spain under the command of Dagohoy. - a feat that was never done elsewhere in the Philippines. There are a lot of old churches elsewhere too.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be going to Bohol this Nov. 22 - 25. super excited na kme, can hardly sleep. we booked Mang Naldix for our tour in BOHOL (cebu trip not included). BOHOL Tour package is at P4,750/pax (we're just 2) and bumababa ang price pag mas madami kayo. Inclusions: daily breakfast, beachfront accommodation (a/c room), country tour, sea tour, and airport pick up/hatid, all entrance fee (except at BBF and Hinagdanan Cave. nice deal na dba? ;)

Here's our IT:

Day 1

**ocean jet to cebu at 11:30am ( 2 hrs travel)

visit these places

- magellan's cross

- sto nino basilica

- malacanan sa sugbo

- plaza independencia

- fort san pedro

- colon (oldest street in P), lumang bahay

- taboan market

- eat at larsian and zubuchon

- sm cebu and ayala cebu

Day 2

**ocean jet back to bohol at 6am

COUNTRY TOUR

- Blood Compact Monument

- Baclayon Church and Museum

- Python Sanctuary

- Loboc River Cruising

- Tarsier Conservation Center

- Man-made Forest

- Butterfly Conservation Area

- Chocolate Hills

- Hanging Bridge

- Original Blood Compact Site

- Hinagdanan Cave

- Bohol Bee Farm

Day 3

SEA TOUR (starts at 5am)

- Dolphin/whale Watching

- Snorkeling at Balicasag Island (Snorkel mask and snorkel guide inclusive)

- virgin island

Day 4

- beach bum at panglao resort

- bound to mla in the afternoon

B) B) B)

Been to panglao, bohol recently, stayed at bohol divers club. Thought the place was nice coz their rates are kinda expensive! But to my dismay staff were not really service oriented. And the beach, are not really that nice. Sea urchins and rocks everywhere!ouch! Should have heeded to one of the frs in this forum, that panglao is just better on the picture! Tsk tsk... My regrets of going there :(

Been to panglao, bohol recently, stayed at bohol divers club. Thought the place was nice coz their rates are kinda expensive! But to my dismay staff were not really service oriented. And the beach, are not really that nice. Sea urchins and rocks everywhere!ouch! Should have heeded to one of the frs in this forum, that panglao is just better on the picture! Tsk tsk... My regrets of going there :(

just been there again last weekend and as usual i wasn't disappointed with the beach, Alona Beach that is. but contrary to your fr, my family did not encounter rocks or urchins at 1-km. vicinity and we enjoyed every minute we were at sea. i should mention we brought a waterproof camera (panasonic lumix ts3) along that added half of the fun

as for the service, well, i really agree with you on that part. same as in cebu restaurants when we got there a day after, the noises made by talking waiters were really annoying. when we were in bohol tropics i called up the head waiter to address this matter. their small talk and tsismis are louder than the conversations at their guests' tables. and oh, the loudness of their laughter! but back in manila, i noticed even jollibee staff shouting their daily gripes. hmm, not really polite or ethical, in customers' point of view at least.

Edited by remoteworld
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was in Bohol last week. I did enjoyed my stay there. We stayed in Bohol Bee Farm though the place is not really beach front but if you want a modest, serene place where you can relax, I highly recommend it. They are surrounded by trees and plants. They have 5 jacuzzi and 1 regular size pool. They are offering different tours like the Town tour it's P2200/pax but still depends on how many pax inclusive of entrance fees to all the places where you're going but you can just rent the car for P2500 or if you're the adventurous type and on a tight budget you can rent a motorcycle for P600. They're also offering Island tour which is about P2000/pax inclusive of lunch if you're at least a group of 10pax it's only around P1000.

Food is ok. You should try their malunggay ice cream or ginger ice cream, they are known for that. If you're into organic, it's the place for you since they are growing their own vegetables. One thing about their food since they have their own bee farm most of their food has honey on it so it's kindda sweet even their pesto.

Staffs are courteous and very accommodating.

Overall: I would rate them 9

Edited by belledejour
  • 2 months later...

Im planning to go to bohol this june...

were going to stay in Amorita Beach resort in Alona

hmmm.. 6,800 per night breakfast included

bale pag 3 nights 20,400 PLUS 500 airport transfer

okay ba to or mahal? also . para sa mga nakapunta na ng amorita ... exclusive ba ung beach nila? or pwede puntahan ng mga beach hoppers?

may package silang 15500 for 2 nights then additional 6,200 ..so 21,700

ano kaya mas sulit?

• 1 month later...

For me Bohol Tropics din the best, lalo na pagdating ng breakfast na buffet sa labas pagsikat ng araw grabe ganda ng view. If your going to bohol don't miss the ff:

Bee Farm

Chocolate Hills

Tarsier at Loboc River

Loboc River Boat ride with matching kainan din

Largest Phyton in the island

Under water restaurant

Yung hanging bridge which I forgot the name na pero unforgettable yung kasi dadaan mo eh kawayan na bridge na sobra dulas kapag kakatapos lang umulan

yung man made forest

At jollibbee!

saan ito? can you name the place please?

any advice for someone who's travelling alone? i've been to bohol at least 3 times before but all of them were on the eastern side (away from the main resorts and happening place). I'll be in tagbilaran on business and will probably stay one or two nights. any place you guys can suggest?

At the eastern part of bohol there's a town called anda. U may rent a boat there for a very short ride at the other side of the town where there are ancient hanging coffins like in sagada

Edited by remoteworld
  • 4 weeks later...

At the eastern part of bohol there's a town called anda. U may rent a boat there for a very short ride at the other side of the town where there are ancient hanging coffins like in sagada

try the river cruise by the loboc river and then swimming close to the falls. get a local contact to arrange it so it's cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Been to Panglao thrice always at dumaluan. Safe place to stay. First time I was alone soul searching churva the staff are extra friendly to me. Maybe they noticed my puffy eyes =))

• 2 weeks later...