• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if you're looking for something to do in bohol that's off the beaten path, quite literally, try the night safari inside the rajah sikatuna national park. for P900 per person, guides take you through the forest after dusk looking for tarsiers, civets, macaques, flying lemurs, various birds, snakes, cave-dwelling spiders...well, you get the picture. wear pants, hiking shoes (or sneakers), and insect repellent. headlamps provided.

if you're looking for something to do in bohol that's off the beaten path, quite literally, try the night safari inside the rajah sikatuna national park. for P900 per person, guides take you through the forest after dusk looking for tarsiers, civets, macaques, flying lemurs, various birds, snakes, cave-dwelling spiders...well, you get the picture. wear pants, hiking shoes (or sneakers), and insect repellent. headlamps provided.

thanks for this tip. i will be in bohol tomorrow with some friends. this is new to me

thanks for this tip. i will be in bohol tomorrow with some friends. this is new to me

you're most welcome. we saw everything except a tarsier and any kind of snake (thankfully). i absolutely loved the two-hour trek - loved turning off our lamps and being engulfed in pitch black while watching a firefly display, loved finding ginormous millipedes, laughed at every single goofy joke our guide recited, loved the mammal eyes that looked back at us from the trees. but it's not for everyone. weirdly enough, one of my companions wasn't a fan - some people expect it to be a zoo experience, which it isn't.

hi dungeon baby, where exactly is the night safari park in bohol? In the mainland/not in Panglao? HOw to get there? thanks!

hi mango man, sorry for the delayed reply. you meet your guide/s in the simply butterflies conservation centre in bilar. pretty easy to get to as the center seems to be a regular pit stop on most mainland tours. i posted the link in my previous entry. from the butterfly center, you ride on motorbikes with guides to the national park about 15 minutes away.

as for photos, yeah...you don't go to this safari for the photo opportunities unless you plan on camping out in the jungle like a nat geo guy. :)

Edited by dungeonbaby
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what is the best part of the island for diving/snorkelling?

Also what are the chances of getting to see dolphins here?

Snorkelling, not sure if there are other places but I really loved Balicasag. :-) make sure to bring your underwater camera, it's so down there. :-)

I also love Virgin Island. :-) Be careful though with those who puts ready to eat sea urchins on your hands, one costs 20php and sometimes the seller just puts everything in your hands, you'll be surprised on the total amount after . :-/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys,

ANR Travel Services is offerina a Bohol package that is affordable and easy on the budget.

Three days two nights Bohol Package which includes accommodation, daily breakfast, R/T transfer and whole day country side tour with lunch.

Whole day countryside tour includes: visit to the Blood Compact Site, Billar Man-made Forest, Baclayon Church & Museum, Tarsier encounter, Chololate Hills & Loboc River with lunch.

Get this affordable tour package only at ANR Travel Services.Visit and like our fb page: My link

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/ANR_CO/DSC05014_zps88690b3e.jpg

Hi guys,

ANR Travel Services is offerina a Bohol package that is affordable and easy on the budget.

Three days two nights Bohol Package which includes accommodation, daily breakfast, R/T transfer and whole day country side tour with lunch.

Whole day countryside tour includes: visit to the Blood Compact Site, Billar Man-made Forest, Baclayon Church & Museum, Tarsier encounter, Chololate Hills & Loboc River with lunch.

Get this affordable tour package only at ANR Travel Services.Visit and like our fb page: My link

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/ANR_CO/DSC05014_zps88690b3e.jpg

where is the hotel? any beach tours?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you like Peace and Quiet - Try Dumaluan Beach or Linaw Beach

If you like Partying - Alone Beach

Hi guys kindly recommend nice hotel including package of tour for 2nights/3days for december 2013? thanks

Closed for Renovation.... may open January 2014

Bohol Beach Club, highly recommended.

• 2 months later...

Any girls here in tagbilan. Will stay until tue

night life at tagbilaran is nil. why not stay at alona beach? it's alive at night and has a teenie weenie boracay atmosphere (fire dancing nightly at several spots, wining and dining at beachside bistros, some water activities, etc.)

my favorite place of stay is playa blanca. a 1k+ room can accomodate 3 to 4 persons, air-conditioned, with private bath and toilet. best of all, once you step out of your room, it's just a few steps away from the sea!