hi..

ive been in bohol about 2 weeks ago and stayed in bohol divers. the resort is okay but the water is a little bit salty. So we opt to use their supply of mineral water for washing our face and even taking a bath hehe.Amenities is good. people are friendly. We got a tour package courtesy of ms tata rabe. she's very accomodating and makes sure that you'll have a great time. Bohol is known as one of the best diving spots in the philippines and i can attest to that. ive tried this when i was in bora but really enjoyed it when i was in bohol.

if you are planning to spend your holidays in bohol, contact tata and tell her i have recommended you to her so she can make a package suitable for you. just pm me if you want to know her number.

Travelling is fun.. dont forget the pictures

• 3 weeks later...

i prefer alona beach myself. went there last december with a girl. we had the entire beach to ourselves at dusk. we had beach side massages, good quality full body ones and a rainbow sunset that my girl couldn't stop raving about.

i forgot the name of the resort but when your facing the water, it's the one furthest to your left on alona. it's the one right next to the huge wall with another resort on top.

i prefer alona beach myself. went there last december with a girl. we had the entire beach to ourselves at dusk. we had beach side massages, good quality full body ones and a rainbow sunset that my girl couldn't stop raving about.

i forgot the name of the resort but when your facing the water, it's the one furthest to your left on alona. it's the one right next to the huge wall with another resort on top.

that's Alona Tropical. I've stayed there all 3 times i've been to Bohol. They have very good beachfront.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/vianne217/a-14.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/vianne217/a2-3.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/vianne217/a3-2.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/vianne217/a4.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/vianne217/a5-1.jpg

went to Bohol May 16, 2006 with my teammates and my sup from Convergys... Ocean Jet sinakyan namin papunta ron, via Tagbilaran kami... hmm...we went to Baclayon, Sagbayan Peak, Loboc River, dun sa Blood Compact site ba yun..anyway, sa Dumaluan Beach Resort din kami ng-stay, our room was 2,500, may dalawang bed..when we went to Loboc, hindi kami sumakay dun sa floating restaurant, yung tag 500 lang ang sa amin kasi nakamura na kami tapos wala pang time limit, naligo pa nga kami sa loboc... kakahiya lang kasi yung mga koreano na nakasakay sa floating restaurant, picture ng picture sa'min... hehehe...I had a great time there...I'll be visiting Bohol again with my friend Hency this nov... pamasahe lang daw sa akin, sister niya gagastos lahat...hehehe.. :D

I got my 4D/3N package for only P9,800 from Tata Rabe (travel agent), total for 2 peeps na.

Package includes:

Standard accommodation at Dumaluan w/o breakfast

City tour (with buffet lunch during the Loboc River cruise)

Sea tour

Airport transfers

Cheapest she offered was just around 8K, but on a different hotel.

not bad eh? If you want her number, just PM me.

You can save like 2K to 3K if you go the DIY route ;) but I personally prefer an getting it thru an agent since this would be my first time.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a peaceful place go for Dumaluan 2. The downside though is that there's nothing more to do here at night and you've got no other place to eat but in your resort.

While in Alona resorts you have options in restaurant to eat at (cheaper price). Another is that you have more options in resorts to stay.

Actually when I went to Bohol with my girlfriend last Sept 30-Oct.3. We stayed both in Alona part and in Dumaluan part. The resort in Dumaluan 2 is very comfortable and very relaxing.

During our entire stay there we only got to swim in the beach only during our island hopping/dolphin watching /snorkelling tour. Maybe its just off peak during our visit there but we seldom see people swimming in the beach near the resorts. As a matter of fact on our last day when we intended to swim at the beach, the boats outnumbered the people on the beach shores. So we cancelled the swim and just went back to our resort.

In my opinion, if you are just after the beach go to Boracay. Bohol is good if you plan to go sight seeing coz there are lots of places to go to.

If you have time, spend a day in Panglao Island Nature Resort. You don't need to check-in there, you just need to pay a fee (consumable) and you can use their facilities. The place if very relaxing and you have privacy here coz only a few people go here.

Hope this helps those planning to go there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just came from Bohol the other day. The tour was excellent except for the our room at Dumaluan-2. I have heard a lot of good reviews on Dumaluan but when we got there, hmmm it was just ok. The room is not that tidy, the bathroom looks cheap. It also smelled like Parmesian cheese inside the room (Athlete's Foot). I think it was the floor mat that they didn't change so I tossed it outside. There was also a construction going on beside our room (it's a new building I think) and it was really noisy during the day... Don't be discouraged though... I think it was just the price to pay for being cheap ;) I still recommend Dumaluan if you just want to rest and unwind. Bohol beach club really looked nice, but was really expensive. I'll post photos this weekend.

My travel Agent was Tata Rabe, PM me if you want her contact number

stayed in panglao last year at crystal coast. if you're along alona beach, it's the property on a hill overlooking alona beach. the view naturally was spectacular. the amenities were not much but the service was superb. heard that they closed down shortly after our stay for renovations. has anyone been there who could tell us how the place looks now? planning to go back in the next few months or so.

• 4 weeks later...