Build A Model Body!

When those guyz walk in the seminar room, I remembered Batista and ultimate Hulk.

Grabe ang lalake.....

May binangit sila sa pre contest phase. Everyday iba iba ang program nila. Parang 6day program. Medyo complicated yung explanation. Also limited ang time kaya di masyadong na elaborate.

Sir Olympus you know Jinky or Elvira???? Mga power lifters din...

The girls from golds? yeah i know them....

The act of building muscle does NOT STOP THERE... Building muscle also means that you have to dish out a s@%t load of energy to do them exercises... energy in the form of ATP.. Comes from glucose, etc etc etc... Point is How the hell can you say that work outs while building muscles cannot make you lose weight? when the whole principle of this crap is about losing calories etc etc etc!!! YOU LOSE A s@%t LOAD OF AMOUNT OF CALORIES WHEN YOU DO ANAEROBIC TRAINING!!! if there's anyone who debunk this statement, let him come forward and state his proof... all the proof ill ever need is EVERY SINGLE FREAKING MED BOOK THAT YOU CAN FIND REGARDING PHYSIO....

Now comes to my other point Thuggie boy... ITS not the work out that gets you fat, its what you eat!!! Ano ba? Eh work out ka nga nang work out tapos kain mo naman limpak ng limpak...? pano na diba? Eh yung isa nga kilala ko na tri athlete pucha ang lakas tumakbo, mag bisikleta at mag swimming pohtah ang lakas nga ng puso pero mataba pa rin at hindi naman cut... bakit? eh kada takbo oh kung ano man niya pagkatapos tatlong tasang kanin at limang tasang ulam kinakain!!!

So please please try to explain to me na yung work out that is built around muscle gains can make you fat?

Elvira shes in her mid 40s but she really looks young. Payat ang upper body nya. Nagulat nga kami nung sinabi nyang power lifter sya. Then nag short sila. Grabe nanliit ako. I think 3 times ang laki ng legs nya compare sa legs ko. Di ko sya kaclose.....

Si Ms. Jinky, same payat din payat ang upper body. May onting bilbil sa tyan pero may korte ang torso nya. Ang laki din ng legs nya........ Mdyo kaclose ko po si Ms. Jinky

yup thats her. I have yt to meet a powerlifter with skinny legs. Mabait si elvira

and oh my god naman tol, NO OTHER WAY TO BURN THAT FAT AROND THE MIDSECTION????

do you know lee priest? I met a guy who knows him... he said during off season Lee Priest is a FAT SHORT MAN... but when on season comes, he sheds off that weight in 3 months... thats about 70 to 80 pounds off in 3 months... why? because the muscle inside his fat gives him the capacity to burn his fat around a lot faster due to his increased caloric requirement... THE MORE DEVELOPED MUSCULATURE YOU HAVE, THE HIGHER YOUR CALORIC REQUIREMENT IS... which translates to a higher potential to lose weight at an accelerated pace... Give me a guy who's fat and has underdeveloped musculature with another guys who has the same body fat ratio but with more developed musculature and put them in the same routine, the more devloped guy will shend the pounds off better, faster and more permanently...

I think the problem with you is that for some reason you fail to see the big picture... Hay naku, sabagay. You're better off than the rest of us... We have to constantly find better ways and means to get physically fit and enjoy sharing these things with everyone... all you have to do is remain firm with your stoneage ideas and kick everyone else's under the curb... whether you don't have the aptitude for learning new things or you just refuse to listen to other ideas or you were abused as a child, doesn't really matter because at the end of the day, ikaw naman ang tama diba... :D

Guys, if we want to turn this into a pissing contest, lets look for another thread. Ako pa mag ref :D

As far as I'm concerned, as long as my clients are getting the results they want and I'm still able to lift 5 times my bodyweight total in the powerlifts, clean and jerk more than my bodyweight, do pullups with 50 lbs strapped to my waist, be able to run 1k in about 7 minutes or less I'm happy... :)

I can care less about this or that as long as I produce results that's what matters naman diba?

Yup mabait si Ms. Elvira at si Ms. Kc...........

Kaya lang  ala sila sa League ko, parehas ng may asawa :)

Share ko lang yung dating technique ko sa burning ng midsection of Tyan:

Again I started nung Apr 04, and I was 16.

Being a young boy I had BABY FATS. No gym experience or anything.

I enrolled sa Backdoor Gym here in BF PQue.

It was a HARDCORE type ng gym. Alang masyadong machines, puro free weights. Also 2 bike lang ang cardio at pang warm up.

So pano ko maaalis yung bilbil ko sa tyan. Kuya Johmer, Kuya Roy and Kuya Jojo were my instructors. It was more like an aprenticeship. Since very limited ang gamit, they told me na control ang food intake. Pati yung pagluto. I ended up having a boring tasteless diet. Mga 3 months, lumiit ang tyan ko with muscle gains. 15mins low impact bike lang ang cardio ko non.  Yun nga lang, di sya rock hard or pandesal type tulad ng nasa picture.

But the point is lumiit ang tyan ko with muscle gains.

They got one part right and to give them credit, they hit the most fundamental aspect... cleaning up your diet. Just makes me wonder how lean you'll get if you did crossfit WODs, HIIT or the Tabata method.

The act of building muscle does NOT STOP THERE... Building muscle also means that you have to dish out a s@%t load of energy to do them exercises... energy in the form of ATP.. Comes from glucose, etc etc etc... Point is How the hell can you say that work outs while building muscles cannot make you lose weight? when the whole principle of this crap is about losing calories etc etc etc!!! YOU LOSE A s@%t LOAD OF AMOUNT OF CALORIES WHEN YOU DO ANAEROBIC TRAINING!!! if there's anyone who debunk this statement, let him come forward and state his proof... all the proof ill ever need is EVERY SINGLE FREAKING MED BOOK THAT YOU CAN FIND REGARDING PHYSIO....

Now comes to my other point Thuggie boy... ITS not the work out that gets you fat, its what you eat!!! Ano ba? Eh work out ka nga nang work out tapos kain mo naman limpak ng limpak...?  pano na diba? Eh yung isa nga kilala ko na tri athlete pucha ang lakas tumakbo, mag bisikleta at mag swimming pohtah ang lakas nga ng puso pero mataba pa rin at hindi naman cut... bakit? eh kada takbo oh kung ano man niya pagkatapos tatlong tasang kanin at limang tasang ulam kinakain!!!

So please please try to explain to me na yung work out that is built around muscle gains can make you fat?

e kung mag da diet ka tapos mag high rep low weight ka, e di tatamarin ka din? alam mo ba na when you are losing fat around the midsection you have to combine both clean diet and slow cardio?

anlakas mo naman para makapag buhat ka pa ng mabigat at makatakbo ng mabilis e calorie deficit ka na.. ayan na sinasabi ko sa mga yabang e.. di ka makakapag high intensity exercise pag nag babawas ka ng taba :lol:

at alam ng lahat ng mga triathletes ang tamang diet.. nagkataon lang na yung nakita mo na triathlete e kuntento na sa timbang nya, binabawi na lang sa power, syempre sumusunog ka e dapat talaga kumain ka ng maraming carbo..

e di naman lahat ng triathlete kse tulad mo na insecure at mababa ang self esteem (common so mga nagpapalaki ng katawan yan) :lol: sa mga triathletes ang importante bumilis at lumakas ka.. sa mga bodybuilder na tulad mo mas marami pa ang porma at tingin sa salamin kesa sa pinapawis mo.. :thumbsupsmiley:

They got one part right and to give them credit, they hit the most fundamental aspect... cleaning up your diet. Just makes me wonder how lean you'll get if you did crossfit WODs, HIIT or the Tabata method.

wow eto na naman si theory.. hehehe.. :lol:

buhat lang ng buhat at takbo lang ng takbo.. at clean diet.. kagaya ng ng sabi ko yun bang mga kargador sa pier, matador sa palengke merong mga ganyang theory theory na yan? kahit nga clean diet wala yung mga yun e..

wow eto na naman si theory.. hehehe.. :lol:

buhat lang ng buhat at takbo lang ng takbo.. at clean diet..  kagaya ng ng sabi ko yun bang mga kargador sa pier, matador sa palengke merong mga ganyang theory theory na yan?  kahit nga clean diet wala yung mga yun e..

Clean diet ng mga kargador I doubt. GPP meron sila for sure.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Thats really a good one thug... i swear... haaaaay.... If i were to give u a peso for every bos taurus/indicus fecal matter that you put out you'd probably be able to buy yerself a protein shake...

in which either case, If it makes YOU happy that you're right, then be happy!!! you're right!!! WOOHOOO!!!

Guys, if we want to turn this into a pissing contest, lets look for another thread. Ako pa mag ref :D

As far as I'm concerned, as long as my clients are getting the results they want and I'm still able to lift 5 times my bodyweight total in the powerlifts, clean and jerk more than my bodyweight, do pullups with 50 lbs strapped to my waist, be able to run 1k in about 7 minutes or less I'm happy...  :)

I can care less about this or that as long as I produce results that's what matters naman diba?

duh? 1 kilometer run in 7 minutes??? is that even called a run? when i started my first 5k race, running as a fat guy, i run the 5k in 25 minutes.. thats 5 minutes per 1k..

and you call yourself fit?? throw your theories out of window..you have lost your integrity to give tips in this thread.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

duh? 1 kilometer run in 7 minutes??? is that even called a run?  when i started my first 5k race, running as a fat guy, i run the 5k in 25 minutes.. thats 5 minutes per 1k..

and you call yourself fit??  throw your theories out of window..you have lost your integrity to give tips in this thread.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Well, that's just one aspect of fitness.... Did you ever consider that I could probably be more flexible than you, have a higher time in the 100 meter run than you? crank out more situps, pushups and pullups than you?

If running is your only basis of fitness, then you're definitely a dumb moron...

With regards sa mga kargador, I think clean diet sila.

Since limited money sila, di nila maaford bumili ng pork or chicken or beef.

They would tend to buy fish na lang with rice.

Sometimes nga Rice na lang with little seasoning. Some seasoning would be sugar, toyo or patis. Tinitipid din nila yung mga seasoning na yon so low fat na rin.

So somehow clean diet na rin yon compare naman sa iba na kumakain ng pork or beef.

pare ko, 3rd post na do triple post na bale.

Fitness is subjective sa bawat tao.

Baka for sir Olympus easy lang 10km run, para sa kin mahirap na yan.

At da same time, kung madali lang sa kin ang wall climing baka kay sir Olympus hirap na yan.

Sa iba naman pag sex fit na. Sa iba pag payat fit na. Depende talaga yan.

In general Physical Fitness means being able to finish your everyday activities with out any hassle. Sympre napapagod ka din pero di ka nagkakasakit.

Physical Fitness has different meaning depende sa sports mo.

We should keep on improving our physical abilities at skills.

It could also be dependent on one's needs

i.e. a kargador must have a certain amount of strength and endurance while a marathon runner and cyclist need a lot of enurance and aerobic capacity, whereas a sprinter needs a certain amount of power and anaerobic strength.

It makes sense that you work on what you need and the aspects that you don't really need that much can be of 2nd priority

e kung mag da diet ka tapos mag high rep low weight ka, e di tatamarin ka din?  alam mo ba na when you are losing fat around the midsection you have to combine both clean diet and slow cardio?

anlakas mo naman para makapag buhat ka pa ng mabigat at makatakbo ng mabilis e calorie deficit ka na..  ayan na sinasabi ko sa mga yabang e..  di ka makakapag high intensity exercise pag nag babawas ka ng taba  :lol:

at alam ng lahat ng mga triathletes ang tamang diet..  nagkataon lang na yung nakita mo na triathlete e kuntento na sa timbang nya, binabawi na lang sa power, syempre sumusunog ka e dapat talaga kumain ka ng maraming carbo..

e di naman lahat ng triathlete kse tulad mo na insecure at mababa ang self esteem (common so mga nagpapalaki ng katawan yan)  :lol:  sa mga triathletes ang importante bumilis at lumakas ka.. sa mga bodybuilder na tulad mo mas marami pa ang porma at tingin sa salamin kesa sa pinapawis mo..  :thumbsupsmiley:

ALAM NG LAHAT NG TRIATHLETES ANG TAMANG DIET!?! TALAGA!?! hmmm... oh well, eh di triathletes pala dapat maging nutritionist at dietician na rin... :boo:

Di ka makakapag high intensity work out kung nag babawas ng taba?!? holy coW!!! Eh ano kaya lahat ng mga sinasabi ni Olympus na mga articles na pinakita niya na nanggaling sa mga pinaka magagaling na fitness trainers all round the world!?! di ba nga isa sa mga main premises nila is that YOU HAVE TO DO HIGH INTENSITY TO INCREASE FAT LOSS BETTER THAN LONG DRAWN OUT CARDIO EXERCISES... did you miss that? did u even read it?

Pre, kung ang matabang triathlete ba may karapatan na maging kuntento sa katabaan niya eh yung matabang weight lifter? wala bang karapatan na ganun maging kunteto rin sa katabaan nila and focus on power? ah onga noh.. wala nga pala kasi palaging tama yung mga runner katulasd mo... sorry, my bad...

MABABA SA SELF ESTEEM!!! N A K N A M P O T A H!!! sabagay... low esteem nga pala ako kasi Bodybuilder ako... sorry po... mali na po ako...

hahahahhahahahahahah!!! quite a blast... in any case, Olympus couldn't have said it any better... Word of advice... read... :D

I agree, this forum is beginning to annoy me also.

Imbes na makatulong tayo ay nag-aaway pa tayo.

siguro let's just give helpful advice instead of criticism.

Bahala na yung tao kung ano yung susunduin niya.

Kaysa naman magrebut ka ng walang magandang explanation.

Let's stick to the thread.

Peace to all.

I agree, this forum is beginning to annoy me also.

Imbes na makatulong tayo ay nag-aaway pa tayo.

siguro let's just give helpful advice instead of criticism. 

Bahala na yung tao kung ano yung susunduin niya.

Kaysa naman magrebut ka ng walang magandang explanation.

Let's stick to the thread.

Peace to all.

Bro kung may tanong ka, just ask away I'll gladly help you out :)

Post ko How the metabolic system works for a change.

To fully understand how the body utilizes it's energy stores to build muscle or burn fat, we must first understand how the body's metabolic system functions. Our bodies use the energy stored in sugars and fats as the main fuel to produce muscular contractions. When these materials are taken into the body they are stored within muscle, liver, blood and fat tissues.

When carbohydrates are stored within the liver and muscle they are referred to as "glycogen", while in the bloodstream it is referred to as "glucose". Fat is stored as fatty acids in the adipose tissues. However, our muscles cannot directly burn sugars and fats for energy. Instead they use a material derived from them called "ATP". Otherwise known as Adenosine TriPhosphate, ATP is critical to the release of energy in order to produce muscular contractions.

ATP can be manufactured in a variety of ways. The body utilizes 3 main energy systems to produce it:

ATP/CP System

Anaerobic Lactic Acid System

Aerobic system.

An understanding of these methods of ATP production is critical to understand how our body's function during exercise.

ATP/CP System

Since the production of ATP from glucose and fat takes time to initiate, the body needs to have a source of immediate energy. This energy comes from a substance known as "creatine phosphate" which is stored within our muscles. Creatine reacts immediately with Adenosine DiPhosphate to produce Creatine and ATP. Since our body's have only a limited supply of creatine, this method of ATP production only lasts for up to 20 seconds.

This system is used for short term activates such as sprinting, or in start/stop sports like hockey or rugby. Other means of producing ATP require the use of our energy reserves in sugars and fat. This takes time however, and this is where the ATP/CP system comes in handy. Think about the last time you had to run across the street quickly. The ATP/CP system allowed you to do this.

Atp = Adp + Creatine Phosphate = Immediate Energy (Up To 20 Secs)

Anaerobic Lactic Acid System

This system produces ATP through a process called "anaerobic glycolysis", which is a breakdown of glucose to be converted to ATP without the use of oxygen. This system is very inefficient and produces a lot of wastes. So inefficient in fact, that only 5% of the energy contained in a glucose molecule is actually utilized. Lactic acid is the main waste product, changing the pH of the muscle cell and causing it become more acidic. This acidity inhibits muscular contraction by interfering with energy production. The anaerobic lactic acid system is the main supplier of energy during weight training, sprints which last over 20 seconds, and racquet sports.

Anaerobic Glycolysis

Click To Enlarge

One molecule of glucose burned using the anaerobic lactic acid system produces water, carbon dioxide, lactic acid and only 2-3 ATP. Lactic acid causes muscles to become stiff and sore as it builds up. The body deals with this lactic acid by removing it through the bloodstream, reconverting it to glucose, converting it to protein or converting it to CO2 or H20. There is only a certain amount of lactic acid which the muscles can tolerate before fatigue and soreness sets in and the exercise must be stopped.

Glucose –» (Glycolysis) –» Pyruvic Acid = Lactic Acid + H20 + C02 + 2-3 ATP

Aerobic ATP System

"Aerobic" means "in the presence of oxygen". This system comes into play when the amount of oxygen coming into the body is meeting the demand of the muscles. As I said earlier, in the first few minutes of an any strenuous activity, energy must be made anaerobically. Eventually after the heart rate and breathing rate have increased, the demand for oxygen will be met and we can create ATP aerobically. We will still be burning glucose/glycogen, but much more ATP can be produced (36-40 ATP rather than 2-3). Now that oxygen is present in the muscle cells, fatty acid oxidation can begin to take place (creating up to 100 ATP). As the exercise carries on for longer and longer, eventually we will begin to burn more fat instead of glucose/glycogen.

This process is extended to use fat as the main fuel, since it has a much higher caloric density than glucose, allowing us to release far higher amounts of energy. Smaller and smaller amounts of glucose will be used as energy and the main reaction will come from fat. Don't think of fat on your body as fat, think of it as potential energy.

Glucose –» (goes through glycolysis) –» Pyruvic Acid + oxygen enters mitochondria –» (Krebs Cycle) –» CO2 + H20 + 36-40 ATP (glucose)(now fat is released and enters muscle cell + up to 100 ATP from fat)

Metabolism of Glucose in the Absence of Oxygen

So to summarize: In the first few seconds of exercise your body uses the ATP/CP system as means of instant energy. After about 20 seconds, the body enters anaerobic glycolysis, where it breaks down carbohydrates without using oxygen. This system is very inefficient and produces a lot of wastes, such as lactic acid. Eventually after the breathing rate and heart rates have increased, the demand for oxygen within the body can be met, and the body will produce energy aerobically by utilizing fatty acid oxidation.

What is the use of this, you ask? Not a whole lot to be honest. It is more for overall knowledge, and I believe that it is important that we fully understand how our body's function during exercise and the way our energy systems operate.

Sir Olympus, okay lang po.

I'm licensed PT by profession kaya i have a wide knowledge regarding fitness, muscle physio, and sprots injuries. Specialization ko kasi.

Kung hindi natin maiwasang magcomment, let's do constructive criticism. I'm also willing to help for those na may tanong.

Sir Olympus, okay lang po.

I'm licensed PT by profession kaya i have a wide knowledge regarding fitness, muscle physio, and sprots injuries. Specialization ko kasi.

Kung hindi natin maiwasang magcomment, let's do constructive criticism.  I'm also willing to help for those na may tanong.

NIce at leat pag may magtanong ng injuries, forte mo. What clinic ka based?

Sir DJ25

Ill put on Laymans term yung pinost mo pagkahaba habang technical description. Everything I would type here was according to Mam Shirley.

Ang body ng tao has 3 energy system.

1. Creatine phosphate

2. Anerobic Glycosis

3. Aerobic Glycosis

1. Yung creatine Phosphate ginagamit natin pag nag eexercise tyo for 2 - 10 seconds. Yung mga tipong one max rep. Sa mga Power lifter, after ng one max rep nila minsan nagrerest sila ng 5 min to regenarate yung nagamit na creatine phosphate. Nakukha yon sa mga Fish.

2. Anerobic Glycosis. Basically eto yung Carbohydrates reserves natin. Pag umaabot na ng 1 - 10 min ang exercise nagswiswitch ang energy system natin from creatine to Anerobic. Ito rin yung energy system na may LACTIC acid by product. Di ba minsan pag ng 15 reps tyo medyo mainit yung muscle, yon yung lactic acid na nagleak. One way to handle the pain is slowly keep on moving that certain body part.

3. Aerobic Glycosis. Pag 15min onwards na yung exercise, non stop nagswi switch na ang energy system natin from Anerobic to aerobic. This energy system uses body fats. Kaya nga di ba puro tyo aerobic exercise or cardio ng matagal, kasi fats na yung nabuburn.

Also, para maburn yung fats properly dapat magtake tyo ng Carbo. Di pa nadidiscuss ni mam Shirley yung technical aspect. But for analogy, lets say carbo is match/posporo. and fats as paper. Para masunog yung papel kelangan ng posporo.

I hope informative sa inyo

question lang,

then where do interval workouts fit in here sine hybrid sila?