Motoring For Dummies - All Your Car & Driving Questions Answered H

I'm just wondering why you still need one and that you are going to use a fog light for it. i just wish you make good use of your fog light and use it as a "real" fog light or even a "rear" fog light to serve its "real" purpose. maybe it's just me.

Anyway, for the purpose of discussion....use a relay as the current load wouldn't handle the additional electrical/current load of the fog light. Thicker wires could help as ordinary wires cannot handle the heat that the load emits once the reverse fog lights are working. Go to your suking electrical shop to help you install this to avoid electrical problems. better be safe than sorry, but if you're a DIY guy.....then go for it and good luck ;)

its always best if you have a tachometer to set your idle speed. if the tachometer is very accurate and you just had an oil change the better. use the idle screw to set your idle speed to 800rpms, then using the A/F screw turn it till the engine is running smoothly.

sir, dalawa po yung inaadjust dun diba?

ano po ba yung idle screw, un ba yung may spring o yung wala?

o A/F screw yung may spring?

Close the air adjustment, tapos open it 720 degrees or 2 ikot, standard adjustment for all cars

sir, san po ba yung air adjustment, un po ba yung may may spring at ano ibig nyo sabihin sa "close the air adjustment"?

consult your workshop manual for the location of your Idling and F/A.

Cars have different engine. more so. some cars even though they have the same engine. have different carbs from different makers, there are several makers of carbs during the time they were popular.

youll never get a decent F/A mixture for both idling and revs. for one, you have to make sure your diaphrams are working, vacuums are sealed. Whenever you do adjustment, its SOP to check those things before you thinker with your F/A mixture.

I dont know what your goal is, but if your looking the F/A the gives you both low torque, and fuel economy on highway runs. then better check your workshop manual.

if your looking for a smooth idling. then you might as well go rich on your F/A

"Close the air adjustment" basically means to go rich. this is usually done during the adjustment stages for your carb, do u have a workshop manual for your car?

Edited by Burger

may mazda 323 97model kami (automatic) , pag on ng aircon biglang mamatay pag-aandar na.... pansin ko biglang bumababa un rpm nya pag-aandar na....pag off naman un aircon ok lang...ano kaya deperensya...psensya wala alam sa kotse eh...para me idea lang bago dalhin sa talyer...salamat !

If you're passing a big slow vehicle in a crowded street, lift off your foot from the gas or slow down.

The said vehicle could be giving way to another car or a pedestrian.

I've seen accidents happen because someone zooms past such vehicle ... only to end up crashing to the other crossing car.

This happened to me once. It was early in the morning and inaantok pa yata ang gas boy. Some gas spilled over from the nozzle to my car's body and rear tire. Good thing the manager was there on-hand to witness it. Di naman marami yung natapon, but I got a few pesos off my gas bill from that.

that's good kung nakakuha ka ng discount. sana lang ayusin nga nila yung pag lagay ng nozzle kung kailangan nila iwan kasi toxic. para hindi ganun nangyayari. happened to a friend of ours naman, gas engine yung Expedition nila, tapos nagpa-gas ang nalagay diesel. di niya agad napansin pero na-start na niya yung engine nung nakita niya mali yung nilagay. minsan pa nakakainis pag ang dami nila sinasabi na spiels nila. "sir good morning po, welcome to ____. full-tank po ba ng (higher, more expensive variant)?" tapos sinasabi nila 'to habang nagsasalita ka din ng gusto mong ipakarga, kaya minsan di ka maintindihan. tapos may mga kasunod pa yun na sasabihin lalo tumatagal tsaka kaya nakakalimutan nila kung ano sinabi mo..

Driving too slow can also confuse other drivers.

When you think you're slow, move to your right lane. The innermost lane is the passing lane. When you've passed, you should go back to your correct lane. A lot of drivers don't know this.

I agree on the slow in fast out on curves ... I put my gear on NEUTRAL

and ENGAGE to the APPROPRIATE GEAR once i got out of the curve

I disagreed dun sa recommendation sa MOTORING TODAY na sabi DO NOT

PUT your GEARS on NEUTRAL when managing a curve daw. It makes the car UNSTABLE ...

boss lomex, i think it's not a question of making the car unstable when you put it on neutral but rather safety. just in case may mangyari while in a curve (either mag-slide kung umuulan or suddenly may mag-cut), at least your hands are still on the steering wheel and not on the stick shift about to shift gears.

I agree jona.

palagay ko nga di rin recommend yung kay lomex. Always, especially kung downhill, na naka-low-gears tayo when approching a curve .

boss lomex, i think it's not a question of making the car unstable when you put it on neutral but rather safety. just in case may mangyari while in a curve (either mag-slide kung umuulan or suddenly may mag-cut), at least your hands are still on the steering wheel and not on the stick shift about to shift gears.

I agree on the slow in fast out on curves ... I put my gear on NEUTRAL

and ENGAGE to the APPROPRIATE GEAR once i got out of the curve

I disagreed dun sa recommendation sa MOTORING TODAY na sabi DO NOT

PUT your GEARS on NEUTRAL when managing a curve daw. It makes the car UNSTABLE ...