His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

since this thread's subtitile is greatest player of all time, you have to include all the hall of famers and compare it to jordan. speaking of dominance, try this one: when Jabbar was a freshman at UCLA (freshmen werent allowed ro compere in the NCAA), he led rhe freshmen team to a victory against the UCLA varsity team (defending NCAA champion at that time). During his 3 year collegiate stint, he lost only 2 games. both were 2 point losses and one came when he had an eye injury. in the pros, he led milwaukee to their 1st championship in his sophomore ( or rookie?) year. during his stay with the lakers he was the anchor to their 5 titles. and he was the only player whom Chamberlain couldnt contain one on one. he also had 6 rings like jordan. and he played against more hall of famers than jordan. But to be honest, Im a larry bird fan and for me he's the best there was even though other palyers have better stats and more titles.

slight correction/opposition since we're on the topic of MJ and his Bulls :D, Scottie did make a good account of himself when MJ first retired. he was able to lead the Bulls to the playoffs and almost making the finals if not for Patrick Ewing and his Knicks B)

just wanted to say that bro, no offense meant :mtc:

No problemo bro.. we can not agree on everything.. :D For me, kasi Scottie is a good player but has always been in the shadow of MJ.. Kasi ganito ang gustong gawin ng iba kay Kobe kay Shaq.. that's what I am disagreeing about.. I disagree that KB8 is in the shadow of Shaq during the Diesel's stint with LA.. Yung criticism na Shaq had Kobe and MJ had Pippen POVs? hehe!!! Plus I don't believe that the most immovable force in the NBA who is Shaq can be compared to MJ.. :angry: Not in a long shot.. ;)

With regards to Scottie's "robin-like" (Batman and Robin) personality during those games with Mike.. This was highly criticized in books and by the media.. What I am trying to say is that when MJ went down with an injury.. the Bulls usually lost 'coz sobrang naging focal point si MJ.. and according to Pippen and the others.. they can't be consistent enough to carry the cudgels left by MJ coz hindi sila sanay.. I am not talking about the first retirement of Jordan.. coz at that time practicing without Jordan and making Pippen the focal point of the Bulls' offense made them won.. My point is nung nandun si Jordan.. kapag bumagsak siya unexpectedly.. they usually lose.. I read this in a book.. But I agree with you that when MJ left (for the first time) biglang bumulusok si Pippen but this was also because BJ Armstrong, Toni Kukoc played great alongside Pip..

My bad na hindi ko na-explain ng mabuti ang point ko..

Sana lahat ng mga criticisms ay kamuhan ng sa iyo, Cheese.. may substance.. :mtc:

Edited by revi
Hey Dude, Jordan was offered by the Bulls $30 million plus a season just not to change address. Hindi ko sinasabing mukhang pera si Jordan, but it's business, walang personalan.  If want quality, you have to pay for it.  It's unfair to say that Shaq left Orlando for more money, it's just because the offer was better in LA.  Same thing with what happened to Jordan, the offer in Chicago was just right for MJ.

Also, with Shaq Orlando, parang mas sumikat si Penny, nung umalis lumaos na, dahil na rin Penny pushed himself to score more and then got injured.  With LA, Kobe had an automatic star with him and blossomed with Shaq, nung umalis di man lang naka-playoffs, well nawala rin yung ibang star players because of mis-management.  Tapos ngayon, Wade naman.  Wade is really getting a BIG boost from Shaq, Wade can now score more because of the mere presence of Shaq. 

Shaq get's double teamed more than any player.

just an FYI,

MJ was paid around 24-26M... and all he asked for the bulls organization was to show him respect and what they think how much should be paid...

and they gave him 30M+. it was the bulls showing their appreciation for MJ and what he did to chicago bulls :thumbsupsmiley:

just an FYI,

MJ was paid around 24-26M... and all he asked for the bulls organization was to show him respect and what they think how much should be paid...

and they gave him 30M+. it was the bulls showing their appreciation for MJ and what he did to chicago bulls  :thumbsupsmiley:

Yup, 24-26 million would not be enough and 30M+ would show respect to Mj's abilities.

Ganun ba.. I know that MJ got offered lots and tons of money by the Bulls, Nike or even Hanes for that matter.. Maybe it was my fault that I said that Shaq left Orlando for money.. Kaso hindi kaya para mas sumikat din siya dahil LA gets more media coverage than Orlando.. Well, in anycase.. mali nga siguro ako nung sinabi ko na hindi umalis si Jordan sa Bulls kahit na offer-an siya ng ibang team ng kahit na magkano.. Hindi ko naman kilala si Jordan eh..  :lol:

Yung kay Shaq and Kobe.. iba ang take natin diyan dude.. I was never a Shaq believer after the Dream literally made him look like a fool.. and after he dissed the Spurs and TD -- when TD won his first ever MVP Award.. Nawalan ako ng gana sa attitude niya.. para sa akin parang naging sourgraper siya nung nag MVP si TD.. So, ayoko na pagtalunan yang Shaq had Kobe stuff coz we would not agree.. I am not like other people who would keep on insisting what I said kasi hindi tayo matatapos.. at puros replay lang.. When you say na DWade is getting a big boost when Shaq is around.. hindi rin ako agree coz Shaq does not dominate the paint like he used to.. that's my opinion.. and DWade can blossom even without a Shaq O Neal.. that's my take.. that's why I don't post sa Heat thread eh.. coz people there wouldn't agree on my POV's..

And because this is a Michael Jordan thread.. I have one thing to say to all the haters and non-believers of Jordan.. Jordan can not be compared to anyone.. coz he contributed what no one can do.. and that is revolution.. he globalized basketball.. Let's say Shaq had Kobe.. Well.. Jordan had more than Pippen.. he once had the world in his f**king hands.. :lol:

Dude, like I said before kanya-kanyang panahon lang yan. Swerte ni Jordan at pinanganak sya na maganda na ang Media technology. We can now watch the NBA almost everyday. Not like the 60', 70's, 80's and even 90's na halos hindi mo napapanood o minsan lang mapanood ang mga Greats ng NBA ng panahon na iyon.

I see Media Hype na rin kay Jordan, I know he plays well. But it's exaggerated na rin.

Like Kobe, Jordan could never win a championship w/o Pippen n Horace/Rodman.

I agree with you, Wade can blossom even with out Shaq. But Shaq makes players around him better, SHaq gets doubled teamed everytime he gets the Ball, that creates opportunities. He isn't play that well yet, because of injuries na rin n right he is 30+ old. But he is still a force in the paint, the Heat team can really feel the presence of Shaq in the middle.

When Shaq left the Lakers, Kobe didn't even made "his" team a play off contender the following season, up to now, so don't brag about Kobe being able to win championships!  Yes, he can win ball games, just ball games. What separates a good player from a great one is that "GREAT" players win championships.............Just like Micael Jordan!

I bet ya'll, Kobe can never win any championship by himself......Just mah 2 cent......

But makes sense!!! Peace!!!

When Shaq, almost all the other Stars also left. No Supporting cast ika nga. Mostly rookies and unrated players. Odom wasn't much help too.

I agree that Kobe can't win a championship with that kinda lineup.

But I bet Jordan can never win a championship with Pippen n Horace/Rodman.

Basketball, it's a team sport. One has to lead (Jordan) and the other's a must also commit to play ball.

When Shaq, almost all the other Stars also left.  No Supporting cast ika nga. Mostly rookies and unrated players.  Odom wasn't much help too.

Basketball, it's a team sport.  One has to lead (Jordan) and the other's a must also commit to play ball.

Yes, basketball is a team sport, one has to lead and the rest must also commit but the thought of Kobe, not bein' able to win championships, says it all.......So don't tell me that Jordan and Bryant has anything to be compared with.

Jordan is a GREAT player. Bryant is a GODD player. Whoever does not understand this scenario definitely doesn't know anything about the game of basketball. 2 cent....Peace!!!

Guest jason_kidd
Yes, basketball is a team sport, one has to lead and the rest must also commit but the thought of Kobe, not bein' able to win championships, says it all.......So don't tell me that Jordan and Bryant has anything to be compared with. 

Jordan is a GREAT player.  Bryant is a GODD player.  Whoever does not understand this scenario definitely doesn't know anything about the game of basketball.  2 cent....Peace!!!

nobody compares the great mj from kobe.. its only the media coz of THE obvious similarities between the two.. they can't get over with that thing and you know that.. you posted pics pa nga... its unfair to compare them knowing mj is retired and sitting comfortably with all his fortunes and achievements while kobe is playing trying to lead his team to the playoffs..

so lets stop comparin the two ok? lets compare them when kobe retires and im bettin you he'll have another championship.. ~PEACE OUT~

Guest jason_kidd
When Shaq, almost all the other Stars also left.  No Supporting cast ika nga. Mostly rookies and unrated players.  Odom wasn't much help too.

Basketball, it's a team sport.  One has to lead (Jordan) and the other's a must also commit to play ball.

agree!! kobe was left with NOTHING.. basketball is a team sport that everyone needs to be on the same page with a leader leadin the way..

nobody compares the great mj from kobe.. its only the media coz of THE obvious similarities between the two.. they can't get over with that thing and you know that.. you posted pics pa nga... its unfair to compare them knowing mj is retired and sitting comfortably with all his fortunes and achievements while kobe is playing trying to lead his team to the playoffs..

so lets stop comparin the two ok? lets compare them when kobe retires and im bettin you he'll have another championship.. ~PEACE OUT~

Yeah, he'll win a chamiopnship.............SINGULAR!!!

Some quotes on Air Jordan:

Quote from Donnie Walsh, president of the Indiana Pacers, (in 1993).. "He's (Jordan) the best I've ever seen. The reason is that he's blown all the myths we used to believe about the game. We always said a team dominated by a guard cannot win a championship.. And we always said a guy who plays that many minutes, he's gonna wear down. But he gets better. Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, they couldn't do the things Michael could. When you really think about it, yeah, you've got to say that he's the best ever."

Quote from Magic Johnson (1987): "Everybody says there's me and Larry (Bird).. (but its) really, there's Michael and there's everyone else.."

Quote from Danny Ainge (1993): "The difference between Michael and Kareem and everybody else was that he can score on anybody, and he can score in a lot of different ways. He can hit for three, he can dunk. His combination of speed and strength, nobody else had that. Couple that with a great shooting touch and a great confidence level. His mental apporach set him above everybody else. He can shoot over you. He can go around you. There aren't many guys who could do that."

Edited by revi

Jordan is a GREAT player.  Bryant is a GODD player.  Whoever does not understand this scenario definitely doesn't know anything about the game of basketball.  2 cent....Peace!!!

The thought of Kobe not winning a Championship??? Kobe can score big, but I doubt any of his teammates can consistenly help him. So what Kobe needs are players who can ALSO contribute. It is not Kobe's time this season ika nga, that I admit.

While Jordan like I said has Pippen and Horace/Rodman. Even trying to compare the situation of Kobe n Jordan is completely unfair. I don't think Jordan can win championships w/o quality teammates.

Also, it's too EARLY to tell whether Kobe can or cannot win a championship. Your presuming based on this season, a season where Kobe has nobody that can consistently help him.

The thought of Kobe not winning a Championship??? Kobe can score big, but I doubt any of his teammates can consistenly help him.  So what Kobe needs are players who can ALSO contribute. It is not Kobe's time this season ika nga, that I admit.

While Jordan like I said has Pippen and Horace/Rodman.  Even trying to compare the situation of Kobe  n Jordan is completely unfair.  I don't think Jordan can win championships w/o quality teammates.

Also, it's too EARLY to tell whether Kobe can or cannot win a championship.  Your presuming based on this season, a season where Kobe has nobody that can consistently help him.

When Jordan came to the NBA, all of a sudden, it became the Michael Jordan era......but when Bryant came in, did everyone including Kobe fans ever thought that it's the Kobe Bryant era???

When Jordan was still playing in the NBA, be them bein' the champs or not, it was always HIS time. There was never an OFF season for him. But for Kobe, like what you said.........."IT'S NOT KOBE'S TIME THIS SEASON!!!" I believe you bro, comparing Jordan to Kobe is unfair coz of the simple fact that comments on Jordan are always consistent while comments on Kobe has always got its "ifs and buts....." Does this one make sense??? You be the judge. Reality bites bro, there's nothin' we can do about it. Kobe is the best but MJ is simply the greatest..........of our time!

kobe bryant, lebron james etc isa lang naman ginagaya eh si Michael Jordan :lol:

Tama ka bro!!! Case closed!!! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Guest airmax
When Jordan came to the NBA, all of a sudden, it became the Michael Jordan era......but when Bryant came in, did everyone including Kobe fans ever thought that it's the Kobe Bryant era???

When Jordan was still playing in the NBA, be them bein' the champs or not, it was always HIS time.  There was never an OFF season for him.  But for Kobe, like what you said.........."IT'S NOT KOBE'S TIME THIS SEASON!!!"  I believe you bro, comparing Jordan to Kobe is unfair coz of the simple fact that comments on Jordan are always consistent while comments on Kobe has always got its "ifs and buts....."  Does this one make sense???  You be the judge.  Reality bites bro, there's nothin' we can do about it.  Kobe is the best but MJ is simply the greatest..........of our time!

Tama ka bro!!!  Case closed!!! :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:

both of them have won championships. kahit naman noong bumalik si jordan sa nba hindi na nya nadala ang wizards sa playoffs bakit kasi wala syang talented players na kakampi si rip hamilton lang and later on si stackhouse and larry hughes. so you need to be sorrounded by great players as well to become champions.

When Jordan was still playing in the NBA, be them bein' the champs or not, it was always HIS time.  There was never an OFF season for him.  But for Kobe, like what you said.........."IT'S NOT KOBE'S TIME THIS SEASON!!!"  I believe you bro, comparing Jordan to Kobe is unfair coz of the simple fact that comments on Jordan are always consistent while comments on Kobe has always got its "ifs and buts....."  Does this one make sense???  You be the judge.  Reality bites bro, there's nothin' we can do about it.  Kobe is the best but MJ is simply the greatest..........of our time!

There will always be ifs and buts if your team are not surrounded by QUALITY players too. That is the situation of Kobe last season n this season also.

I believe there was an offseason for Jordan when he got injured. Also, Jordan didn't win rings when he came to the NBA, he waited several years to get one. It was still a work in progress for MJ on thsoe seasons.

If Jordan was the Greatest he should have won all the Championships on ALL his seasons. That would be something!

both of them have won championships. kahit naman noong bumalik si jordan sa nba hindi na nya nadala ang wizards sa playoffs bakit kasi wala syang talented players na kakampi si rip hamilton lang and later on si stackhouse and larry hughes. so you need to be sorrounded by great players as well to become champions.

Precisely pre!

And also, I don't compare Jordan with Lebron n Kobe. Because of the word Individuality, may kanya-kanyang style ang mga players.

Guest airmax

mga fans lang naman at media ang mahilig magawa ng comparison bet. kobe and jordan. in fact kobe doesnt want to be compared to jordan. as ive said both players won championships. pero mas maraming nagawa si jordan sa larangan ng basketball as compared to kobe.

Nung naglaro si Jordan para sa Wizards medyo may edad na sya nun....It was pretty obvious that his moves weren't as flashy as before, he no longer had that much elevation when going to the rim. You be 40 years old and play against 20-30 yr old players, ain't it gonna be hard for yah to catch up with them?!?!?! Common sense!!!

Guest airmax
Nung naglaro si Jordan para sa Wizards medyo may edad na sya nun....It was pretty obvious that his moves weren't as flashy as before, he no longer had that much elevation when going to the rim.  You be 40 years old and play against 20-30 yr old players, ain't it gonna be hard for yah to catch up with them?!?!?!  Common sense!!!

but he still scored in double figures. common sense din. jordan is jordan. babalik ba sya kung hindi nya kaya. how many 40 year old guys can accomplish what he did. duh. kahit na ba 25 years old sya at katulad lang ni rip hamilton ang kasama nya di rin nya maiiaangat ang wizards. he needs to be sorrounded by talent as well. e kung hindi nya kayang sumabay sa mga 20 to 30 year old players i dont think na babalik pa sya. common sense as well.

Edited by airmax

We know for a fact that MJ gave the Bulls six rings but for the Lakers, don't you think Shaq was the better bet than Kobe????

There will always be ifs and buts if your team are not surrounded by QUALITY players too.  That is the situation of Kobe last season n this season also.

I believe there was an offseason for Jordan when he got injured.  Also, Jordan didn't win rings when he came to the NBA, he waited several years to get one.  It was still a work in progress for MJ on thsoe seasons. 

If Jordan was the Greatest he should have won all the Championships on ALL his seasons.  That would be something!

Bro nung wala pang sila pippen sa Bulls, di nga napapachampion ni Jordan yung team nya pero consistent playoff contender sila....

Nung injurder si Jordan malamang di sya naglalaro at malamang din wala sya nacocontribute para sa team nya kasi injurder nga sya e.

If Jordan ain't the greatest baller.........then who is??? KOBE???? Think it as you do so but that's the last thing on earth imma consider!!! I know ya'll gonna play this safe but it don't matter, think of it that yo Kobe is as great as MJ but one thing, MJ is timeless!!!

We know for a fact that MJ gave the Bulls six rings but for the Lakers, don't you think Shaq was the better bet than Kobe????

If Jordan ain't the greatest baller.........then who is???  KOBE????  Think it as you do so but that's the last thing on earth imma consider!!!  I know ya'll gonna play this safe but it don't matter, think of it that yo Kobe is as great as MJ but one thing, MJ is timeless!!!

Dude, no one is saying that Kobe is like Jordan.. it seems na hawig ang moves nila.. but Jordan is far better than KB81.. No one is saying that Kobe is the greatest.. I don't think airmax or even Gideon is saying that.. tama ba guys? Ito kasi ang basa ko sa mga posts niyo.. So no reason for any spats, pre..

In my case naman, no one can ever be compared to MJ.. As I have said, he has contributed no one can ever duplicate.. that is revolution.. Some people say that it is media that made him the God of Basketball.. But c'mon, media gobbled his image coz he had the utmost talent, physique, charisma, heart and charm.. He made the fans go agape at magwala twing nakaka-shoot siya.. He had so many dramatic moments that marketing did not have to do anything.. MJ marketed himself to the world.. by doing so he marketed the NBA and even basketball to the world.. Timeless you say? I definitely agree..

We do have the same sentiments with MJ,pre.. Although my fave player is TDuncan but even he cannot be compared to MJ.. TD does not leave my mouth hanging after finishing a play.. MJ does.. so who is the greatest? Pareho tayo ng take kay Jordan, pre..

But just to answer your first question: Shaq better bet than Kobe.. Dunno? Maybe Shaq was the most immovable force the NBA has ever seen.. But I don't think that Shaq would've won those championships without KB81.. And vise versa.. Coz during (as I have said) his stint with Orlando.. with Penny, Nick Anderson, Dennis Scott.. and their team was considered the best bet for the championship.. an aging Olajuwon and Drexler made Shaq look like a fool.. this made me a non-believer.. If he had been a champion without KB8.. just with Eddie Jones, Van Exel, etc. Then I would've changed my mind..

Hey, dude, I am not a Laker fan.. at lalong lalo na hindi ako Kobe fan.. Win or lose.. Spurs ako.. But I have always been objective in my POV's.. Hindi naman porket tinalo ng Lakers ang Spurs noon sa playoffs ng ilang beses ay galit na ako kay Shaq or Kobe.. Nayayabangan ako pareho sa dalawang ito.. even sometimes with PhilJax but never hated them.. coz basically hindi lang naman ako in-love sa Spurs eh.. in-love ako sa Basketball..