His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

Wala ako sinasabi bobo si jordan. Ang sinasabi ko lng hindi sa akin greatest player si jordan.

Pero naprove ko yung point ko na si Bird kahit minimal yung resources maganda nangyayari.

Para sa akin Pinakagreatest player si Bird, Magic and Jordan.

Oh sige titigi na ako dito. Dun na ako sa Bird vs Magic.

Maganda lng ksi dito konti debate. Ksi pag wla debate dto malalanta ito thread na ito dhil magkakasundo lng kayo eh nakakasawa yun. Ang dami pa naman jordan fanatic. Natengga ito thread na ito feb21 nabuhay lng nung march 4 or 5 ata

Sana naging thread ng title Is Jordan the greatest player?

Pero sige tigil na ako.

Edited by edc
Guest jason_kidd
Wala ako sinasabi bobo si jordan. Ang sinasabi ko lng hindi sa akin greatest player si jordan.

Pero naprove ko yung point ko na si Bird kahit minimal yung resources maganda nangyayari.

Para sa akin Pinakagreatest player si Bird, Magic and Jordan.

Oh sige titigi na ako dito. Dun na ako sa Bird vs Magic.

Maganda lng ksi dito konti debate. Ksi pag wla debate dto malalanta ito thread na ito dhil magkakasundo lng kayo eh nakakasawa yun. Ang dami pa naman jordan fanatic. Natengga ito thread na ito feb21 nabuhay lng nung march 4 or 5 ata

Sana naging thread ng title Is Jordan the greatest player?

Pero sige tigil na ako.

dude, puede ba awat na???TAMA NA NAKAKASAWA NA!!! MY BIRD VS. MAGIC NA!!! mas bagay un para sau bida c bird and magic dun..

Guest airmax
wow! larry bird was just invited by magic in the finals?  hahahaha you must be joking.

he won 3 championships in the 80's and he was just "invited"?!

tsong kinuhan mo naman ng literal. sino bang laging nasa finals nong 1980's diba si magic. parang lumalabas nito na si bird, erving at isiah parang inimbita lang ni magic sa party sinong laging nasa party di ba si magic. ang that didnt came from my posts. it actually came from Pat Riley. Magic's former coach and im not kidding. i didnt make this up. the same thing with jordan sino ang laging nasa finals noong 90's it was jordan. think of the finals as the party. sino ung laging nasa party diba si magic and jordan. im not saying na ung pagka champion ni bird e fluke lang. ang laging constant lang sa finals noong 80's and 90's e si magic and jordan kadalasan. i hope this clears things up.

as for bird, i researched birds stats in his rookie year. kaya naman pala naging division champs sila kasi other than bird the celtics had at least 7 players scoring in double figures. these are cedric maxwell 17.9 ppg, dave cowens 14.2, nate archibald 14.1, Rick Robey 11.5, Pete Maravich 13.7 ppg, Chris Ford 11.2, ML Carr 11.1 Bird scored 21.1 ppg. While jordan averaged 28.2 ppg in his rookie year. Supporting him where orlando woolridge with 22.9 ppg, Quitin Dailey 16 ppg, Dave Corzine at 10.0 ppg. Well the numbers doesnt lie it goes to show that the celts had much deeper bench during bird's rookie year. Kahit siguro sinong team pagka ganito ka deep ang bench e pedeng mag champion.

Edited by airmax

hmmm MJ is ONE of the greates players in the NBA... it's not right to say as of the momment that he is already the greatest player to ever played.. kase NBA is still on the role pa naman...

The players who'd already retired and those who are still playing shouldn't be compared.. each of them has their own success and share of fun in the NBA.. kobe has his own.. magic and bird have their own.. lebron and wade are up comming.. we may never know.. they have their own category of greatness...

The best thing about MJ and what separate him from the rest is his life's story.. it's like a real life fairytale!... from the first chapter of his hs basketball upto his dad's death.. until the bull's last championship!... (disregard his stint with the wizards)..

Guest airmax
hmmm MJ is ONE of the greates players in the NBA... it's not right to say as of the momment that he is already the greatest player to ever played.. kase NBA is still on the role pa naman...

The players who'd already retired and those who are still playing shouldn't be compared.. each of them has their own success and share of fun in the NBA.. kobe has his own.. magic and bird have their own.. lebron and wade are up comming.. we may never know.. they have their own category of greatness...

The best thing about MJ and what separate him from the rest is his life's story.. it's like a real life fairytale!...  from the first chapter of his hs basketball upto his dad's death.. until the bull's last championship!... (disregard his stint with the wizards)..

truly said but he is indeed considered one of the greatest by the media. :)

Guest jason_kidd
Share ko lang.....

Can't help on makin' a comment on this coz I feel a bit offended.  I'm a Jordan fan and I believe that he shouldn't be compared to some playas who became famous just because of the media hype but can't really win RINGS!!!

hmmmmm.... the media is to blame for the comparisons... quite similar poses there.. :)

I know bro.....I just can't accept the thought that they want to instill in the minds of the people...

It's like comparing the value of gold from a rock.

Nice pics from your previous post ghetto.. Okay lang yan.. This only shows how MJ was influential on KB8's style on the court.. But y'know we can not really stop people (and the media) from asking the question: Who would be the next Air Apparent? To some, its KB8, some would say LBJ, Melo.. remember players like Stackhouse, Miner? --- who were also compared to Mike..

This only shows how MJ became the prototype of the best player in basketball.. Media, and the people always ask as to who would be the next MJ.. Before MJ.. people were asking: Who would be the next Dr. J.. When MJ came in the league he was quickly referred to as the next Dr. J (not Dominique) but he surpassed that "next Dr. J" tag because he became the epitome of basketball.. ganun siya kagaling.. I mean when people see the Jumpman logo, when people look at a Basketball.. if you ask then who do they see.. most would say "Jordan.." not Dr J. di ba dudes?

I do agree that there won't be another MJ.. coz of the argument that each player is unique in his own beautiful way.. But the pictures you posted only makes me shiver because of the fact that it only shows that he is still the Prototype of the best player in basketball.. Kids emulate him.. and maybe (even though he would not admit it) Kobe really emulates MJ on the court.. Malayo layo pa si KB8.. scoring 81 points, or even surpassing Wilt's can not compare to the heart and determination of Jordan coz the drama he gave the viewers can not easily be emulated nor surpassed..

Just a side note: If you are going to ask me kung sino ang player na pinakamalapit sa style ni MJ.. Si Kobe agad ang nasa isip ko.. Not due to media.. but whenever I watch him.. parang Jordan talaga.. Lalong lalo na FT's.. yung porma.. hehehe!!! :lol:

But I agree you cannot compare the value of gold from a rock.. Kaso for me, medyo bronze naman si Kobe.. hehehe!!! :lol:

I heard once sinabi nang isang commentator(forgot the name)"Si Jordan ay Diyos na nagkatawang tao para maglaro nang basketball"

No one comes close to MJ.

He's won most of the awards: Rookie of the year, defensive player of the year, MVP, Dunk Champion, Scoring Champion, Led the NBA once in a season in steals, scoring champion, Got 6 rings, Power the bulls to 72-10 wins-loss record in a season, Olympic Gold medals(twice as a member of the real dream team and as an amateur)

Maaasahan during crunch time. Role model on-off the court.

Kobe???until he powers the lakers to a championship saka palang ako magiging believer(the reason why he had rings is because of shaq!)

Guest airmax
I heard once sinabi nang isang commentator(forgot the name)"Si Jordan ay Diyos na nagkatawang tao para maglaro nang basketball"

No one comes close to MJ.

He's won most of the awards: Rookie of the year, defensive player of the year, MVP, Dunk Champion, Scoring Champion, Led the NBA once in a season in steals, scoring champion, Got 6 rings, Power the bulls to 72-10 wins-loss record in a season, Olympic Gold medals(twice as a member of the real dream team and as an amateur)

Maaasahan during crunch time.  Role model on-off the court.

Kobe???until he powers the lakers to a championship saka palang ako magiging believer(the reason why he had rings is because of shaq!)

kobe had rings with the help of his team mates. the same thing with michael jordan. kung wala si pippen hindi sya makakatikim ng championship. so its unfair to say na si shaq lang ang dahilan kung bakit nagchampion ang LA. kasi kung hindi sa tulong ni kobe at ng ibang team mates nya e malabong magchampion si shaq ng sya lang.

Guest airmax

i dont think that there would never be another michael jordan. i know that people are comparing kobe to michael jordan pero walang comparison eh. siguro sa style of play. pero in terms of what michael jordan did into the game of basketball. e wala sigurong makakatapat sa kanya doon. so i dont think that there would never be another michael jordan.

kobe had rings with the help of his team mates. the same thing with michael jordan. kung wala si pippen hindi sya makakatikim ng championship. so its unfair to say na si shaq lang ang dahilan kung bakit nagchampion ang LA. kasi kung hindi sa tulong ni kobe at ng ibang team mates nya e malabong magchampion si shaq ng sya lang.

Hmmm, well in my opinion mas ok kung ganito...."shaq" had rings with the help of his team mates, the same thing with his airness. Jordan had Pippen, Shaq had kobe. Shaq and Jordan were the leaders and franchise players of their teams.

Now that Kobe is the laker's franchise player, lets see if he can power the lakers to a championship.

Going back to the topic, Jordan is the Greatest! Opinion ko lang po.

Guest airmax
Hmmm, well in my opinion mas ok kung ganito...."shaq" had rings with the help of his team mates, the same thing with his airness. Jordan had Pippen, Shaq had kobe. Shaq and Jordan were the leaders and franchise players of their teams.

Now that Kobe is the laker's franchise player, lets see if he can power the lakers to a championship.

he can do it. he has the championship experience and he knows how to win. kelangan lang kumuha ng lakers ng mga free agents na pedeng mag buildup sa laker team. last response ko na ito about kobe. lets talk about kobe in the kobe thread.

When the Orlando Magic selected Shaq in the late early 1990's.. he was considered to be a player that is the focal point or should I say a franchise player.. Although he became Orlando's savior.. He was not able to bring the championship to Orlando even with Penny Hardaway's amazing performance.. coz Hakeem Olajuwon made him look like a fool in their finals rivalry.. --- sabi pa nga ni Shaq.. the best center si The Dream because of his subpar performance against Olajuwon.. Then he left the Magic for the Lakers.. considered to be the next Wilt in a Lakers uniform.. But did he bring a championship with just Eddie Jones, Campbell, Van Exel.. etc.? Nope.. It was when Kobe blossomed into a an offensive threat where he won three straight rings..

My point is, Air Jordan should not be compared to Shaq - in terms of being the only focal point of a team.. coz a franchise player does not leave his team even with tons of money offered to him by another franchise.. Air Jordan had Pippen to help him.. But Shaq had Kobe to help him? Beg to disagree on this one.. Kobe had his fair share of good games when Shaq was out.. and won games even without the Big Fella manning the middle.. remember when the Big Diesel's toe got injured.. Kobe lit up the scoreboards.. When Air Jordan did not play.. usually the Bulls lost coz hindi kaya ni Pippen (sabi niya dahil nasanay daw sila na si Jordan ang focal point -- this is written in books, dudes) but because Shaq and Kobe shared the lime light.. kinaya ni Kobe na wala si Shaq.. as with Shaq.. kaya niya na wala din si Kobe.. During Shaq's stint with the Magic.. siya talaga ang focal point.. nung sa Lakers hindi.. lalo na ngayon.. coz Wade (in my opinion) is the true franchise player of the Heat..

Therefore, Jordan had Pippen.. Shaq and Kobe had Horry, etc. .. Just my opinion.. Buti pa si Duncan ang i-compare.. Duncan had Parker, Ginobili.. and because DRob moved second fiddle to TD after his injury.. TD also had DRob --- nung hindi na ganun ka-dominating si Robinson.. ;)

As I said, just my opinion..

Peace, dudes.. :mtc:

Guest airmax
When the Orlando Magic selected Shaq in the late early 1990's.. he was considered to be a player that is the focal point or should I say a franchise player.. Although he became Orlando's savior.. He was not able to bring the championship to Orlando even with Penny Hardaway's amazing performance.. coz Hakeem Olajuwon made him look like a fool in their finals rivalry.. --- sabi pa nga ni Shaq.. the best center si The Dream because of his subpar performance against Olajuwon..  Then he left the Magic for the Lakers.. considered to be the next Wilt in a Lakers uniform.. But did he bring a championship with just Eddie Jones, Campbell, Van Exel.. etc.? Nope.. It was when Kobe blossomed into a an offensive threat where he won three straight rings..

My point is, Air Jordan should not be compared to Shaq - in terms of being the only focal point of a team.. coz a franchise player does not leave his team even with tons of money offered to him by another franchise.. Air Jordan had Pippen to help him.. But Shaq had Kobe to help him? Beg to disagree on this one.. Kobe had his fair share of good games when Shaq was out.. and won games even without the Big Fella manning the middle.. remember when the Big Diesel's toe got injured.. Kobe lit up the scoreboards.. When Air Jordan did not play.. usually the Bulls lost coz hindi kaya ni Pippen (sabi niya dahil nasanay daw sila na si Jordan ang focal point -- this is written in books, dudes) but because Shaq and Kobe shared the lime light.. kinaya ni Kobe na wala si Shaq.. as with Shaq.. kaya niya na wala din si Kobe.. During Shaq's stint with the Magic.. siya talaga ang focal point.. nung sa Lakers hindi.. lalo na ngayon.. coz Wade (in my opinion) is the true franchise player of the Heat..

Therefore, Jordan had Pippen.. Shaq and Kobe had Horry, etc. .. Just my opinion.. Buti pa si Duncan ang i-compare.. Duncan had Parker, Ginobili.. and because DRob moved second fiddle to TD after his injury.. TD also had DRob  --- nung hindi na ganun ka-dominating si Robinson.. ;)

Peace, dudes..  :mtc:

tama ka dyan pre

When the Orlando Magic selected Shaq in the late early 1990's.. he was considered to be a player that is the focal point or should I say a franchise player.. Although he became Orlando's savior.. He was not able to bring the championship to Orlando even with Penny Hardaway's amazing performance.. coz Hakeem Olajuwon made him look like a fool in their finals rivalry.. --- sabi pa nga ni Shaq.. the best center si The Dream because of his subpar performance against Olajuwon..  Then he left the Magic for the Lakers.. considered to be the next Wilt in a Lakers uniform.. But did he bring a championship with just Eddie Jones, Campbell, Van Exel.. etc.? Nope.. It was when Kobe blossomed into a an offensive threat where he won three straight rings..

Therefore, Jordan had Pippen.. Shaq and Kobe had Horry, etc. .. Just my opinion.. Buti pa si Duncan ang i-compare.. Duncan had Parker, Ginobili.. and because DRob moved second fiddle to TD after his injury.. TD also had DRob  --- nung hindi na ganun ka-dominating si Robinson.. ;)

Oh para magkasundo lang.....Sabi mo, Jordan had Pippen....Shaq AND kobe had horry.....

Since this is a thread dedicated to his airness....with that statement.....talagang Malupit si Jordan!

I'll just wait till kobe brings the lakers to the promise land....then I'll be a believer.

Oh para magkasundo lang.....Sabi mo, Jordan had Pippen....Shaq AND kobe had horry.....

Since this is a thread dedicated to his airness....with that statement.....talagang Malupit si Jordan!

I'll just wait till kobe brings the lakers to the promise land....then I'll be a believer.

Hey Dude, Jordan was offered by the Bulls $30 million plus a season just not to change address. Hindi ko sinasabing mukhang pera si Jordan, but it's business, walang personalan. If want quality, you have to pay for it. It's unfair to say that Shaq left Orlando for more money, it's just because the offer was better in LA. Same thing with what happened to Jordan, the offer in Chicago was just right for MJ.

Also, with Shaq Orlando, parang mas sumikat si Penny, nung umalis lumaos na, dahil na rin Penny pushed himself to score more and then got injured. With LA, Kobe had an automatic star with him and blossomed with Shaq, nung umalis di man lang naka-playoffs, well nawala rin yung ibang star players because of mis-management. Tapos ngayon, Wade naman. Wade is really getting a BIG boost from Shaq, Wade can now score more because of the mere presence of Shaq.

Shaq get's double teamed more than any player.

Hey Dude, Jordan was offered by the Bulls $30 million plus a season just not to change address. Hindi ko sinasabing mukhang pera si Jordan, but it's business, walang personalan.  If want quality, you have to pay for it.  It's unfair to say that Shaq left Orlando for more money, it's just because the offer was better in LA.  Same thing with what happened to Jordan, the offer in Chicago was just right for MJ.

Also, with Shaq Orlando, parang mas sumikat si Penny, nung umalis lumaos na, dahil na rin Penny pushed himself to score more and then got injured.  With LA, Kobe had an automatic star with him and blossomed with Shaq, nung umalis di man lang naka-playoffs, well nawala rin yung ibang star players because of mis-management.  Tapos ngayon, Wade naman.  Wade is really getting a BIG boost from Shaq, Wade can now score more because of the mere presence of Shaq. 

Hmmm parang argee ako sa point mo amigo ah eheheheh

When Shaq left the Lakers, Kobe didn't even made "his" team a play off contender the following season, up to now, so don't brag about Kobe being able to win championships! Yes, he can win ball games, just ball games. What separates a good player from a great one is that "GREAT" players win championships.............Just like Micael Jordan!

I bet ya'll, Kobe can never win any championship by himself......Just mah 2 cent......

But makes sense!!! Peace!!!

Hey Dude, Jordan was offered by the Bulls $30 million plus a season just not to change address. Hindi ko sinasabing mukhang pera si Jordan, but it's business, walang personalan.  If want quality, you have to pay for it.  It's unfair to say that Shaq left Orlando for more money, it's just because the offer was better in LA.  Same thing with what happened to Jordan, the offer in Chicago was just right for MJ.

Also, with Shaq Orlando, parang mas sumikat si Penny, nung umalis lumaos na, dahil na rin Penny pushed himself to score more and then got injured.  With LA, Kobe had an automatic star with him and blossomed with Shaq, nung umalis di man lang naka-playoffs, well nawala rin yung ibang star players because of mis-management.  Tapos ngayon, Wade naman.  Wade is really getting a BIG boost from Shaq, Wade can now score more because of the mere presence of Shaq. 

Ganun ba.. I know that MJ got offered lots and tons of money by the Bulls, Nike or even Hanes for that matter.. Maybe it was my fault that I said that Shaq left Orlando for money.. Kaso hindi kaya para mas sumikat din siya dahil LA gets more media coverage than Orlando.. Well, in anycase.. mali nga siguro ako nung sinabi ko na hindi umalis si Jordan sa Bulls kahit na offer-an siya ng ibang team ng kahit na magkano.. Hindi ko naman kilala si Jordan eh.. :lol:

Yung kay Shaq and Kobe.. iba ang take natin diyan dude.. I was never a Shaq believer after the Dream literally made him look like a fool.. and after he dissed the Spurs and TD -- when TD won his first ever MVP Award.. Nawalan ako ng gana sa attitude niya.. para sa akin parang naging sourgraper siya nung nag MVP si TD.. So, ayoko na pagtalunan yang Shaq had Kobe stuff coz we would not agree.. I am not like other people who would keep on insisting what I said kasi hindi tayo matatapos.. at puros replay lang.. When you say na DWade is getting a big boost when Shaq is around.. hindi rin ako agree coz Shaq does not dominate the paint like he used to.. that's my opinion.. and DWade can blossom even without a Shaq O Neal.. that's my take.. that's why I don't post sa Heat thread eh.. coz people there wouldn't agree on my POV's..

And because this is a Michael Jordan thread.. I have one thing to say to all the haters and non-believers of Jordan.. Jordan can not be compared to anyone.. coz he contributed what no one can do.. and that is revolution.. he globalized basketball.. Let's say Shaq had Kobe.. Well.. Jordan had more than Pippen.. he once had the world in his f**king hands.. :lol:

Edited by revi

slight correction/opposition since we're on the topic of MJ and his Bulls :D, Scottie did make a good account of himself when MJ first retired. he was able to lead the Bulls to the playoffs and almost making the finals if not for Patrick Ewing and his Knicks B)

just wanted to say that bro, no offense meant :mtc: