His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

enough comparing bird and jordan.. they are both great players and they have different playing styles.

i admire and have much respect both players and you guys should give it a rest.

this thread is about "his airness".. it's not a thread about who the greatest basketball player is. if i'm not mistaken.

anyway you should try checking out MJs clothing line.. now that is something.

It all started out when nike made kicks for MJ. nike had no plans of creating a shoe line for MJ during that time. the first set of MJ shoes had the swoosh logo.. then after some time the swoosh logo was no longer a part of the shoe line.. it was replaced by the jumpman logo.. after the shoe line the jumpman brand is now being geared up to become a lifestyle brand.. although the jumpman brand is still under nike, the jumpman brand is being marketed as if it were an brand independent of nike.. now that's something

If Scoop Jackson thinks that there will never be another Larry Bird.. and there would be another Jordan.. Then he is stupid.. Coz no player would be alike.. For me, No one can ever be compared to Jordan.. no one can ever duplicate what he has done.. coz he was the catalyst that made Basketball a global phenomenon.. a household name.. There might be players that could jump as high as Jordan, can win 6 championships.. can be scoring champ.. can be MVP.. can lead his team to W's.. but they can never be a catalyst.. dahil nag-iisa lang ang catalyst.. dahil siya ang nag-umpisa.. much like George Mikan being BB's first superstar.. first nga eh.. at catalyst.. iisa lang yun..

I do believe na wala ng magiging Bird.. same as Magic or even Eric Montross for that matter..  ;)

Yung sinasbi lng ni scoop jan ay si jordan yung skills nya magagaya. kumbaga may imitation. di ba ngayon ang daming binabansagan as the "next michael jordan" check nyo na lng si kobe. yung galaw jordan na jordan. marami ksi mga negro na gumagaya kay jordan.

Pero si bird kahit imitation sa mga players ngayon wala eh. Ang pinakamalapit na imitation kay bird si nowitzki pero hind dahil sa game. dahil pareha silang kulay. Ang layo ng game ni Bird kay nowitzki.

Hindi tlga sinasabi na meron magiging jordan. ang sinasabi lng mas madali gayahin si jordan kaysa kay bird.

Ksi si jordan naging pamantayan ng mga negro at nagagaya nman ng mga negro si jordan. The word is nagagaya.

Si Bird naging pamantayan ng mga puti pero problema wla pa mga puti na makagaya sa laro ni bird. As in ni imitation hindi mabebenta.

kaya lang i consider jordan to be greater than bird simply because of jordan's performance in game 5 of 97 finals...pasensya na kung paulit ulit ko tong sinasabi kasi ito talaga ang greatest performance of an athlete that i've ever seen....di ko nakita si bird na nalagay sa situation na he was physically weak and yet make the winning shot of an nba finals game.

i simply cannot imagine how an athlete can match or even surpass how jordan displayed his sheer determination to win that time.

Si jordan may lagnat ata nun. Hindi ko sure, correct me.

Ang greatest performance ni jordan para sa akin dalawa: Yung pinasa nya bola kay paxson and yung kay steve kerr. Nung nakita ko na pinasa ni jordan bola kay paxson. Sbi ko nun nagmature na si jordan. Yung isa naman nung na-double team si jordan pinasa nya kay kerr. Para sa akin dun sya naging One of the Greatest Player. Nung early years nya ksi pinipilit nya yung fade-away nya kahit double team na.

Si Bird majority ng playing career nya meron syang problema sa Spine.

Para sa akin naman ang greatest performance ng isang NBA player ay yung steal ni Bird kay thomas.

Grabe yun. Hindi nga game winning shot. Game winning Steal and Assits para manalo.

"With five seconds remaining and the Celtics trailing 107-106, Bird stole an Isiah Thomas inbounds pass and fed Dennis Johnson, whose layup gave Boston the win"

Sobra Grabe yun. Lamang Detroit tpos inbound pa ng detroit tpos 5 seconds remaining? Si Isiah Thomas na magaling pumasa pa nag-inbound. Kso malas talaga ksi si Bird kalaban eh. Hindi lang basta naka-steal, pinasa pa sa kakampi na nagresult sa panalo.

Kung ibang player ang naka-steal nun tapos 5 seconds remaining sigurado ititira agad yun. Lalo na sa mga players ngayon.

Ganito na lng ksi kanya kanya tayo greatest eh.

Si Jordan The"Greatest One on One Player"

Si Bird naman The "Greatest All Around Player"

Nagkukumparahan kung sino Greatest Player sa NBA. Meron jordan vs wilt, Sa akin naman Bird vs Jordan....etc

Ang argument ko si jordan and current players ay natulungan na rin media and commercialsm kaya natatawag na greatest.

Meron ako ipopost na Article na ang iniinterview si David Stern.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...ns/stern/060216

Bill Simmons: You know I've advocated you for the presidency, right?

David Stern: I know, I know. Thank you very much.

Bill Simmons: You're not into it?

David Stern: [smiling] I'm not into politics.

Bill Simmons: The people that know you say you love being the commissioner, you're always going to be the commissioner …

David Stern: I think you judge that on a day-to-day basis. The job and the opportunities have so changed over the years that I find it continually challenging and stimulating … when you recognize what the untapped potential is for sports, [like] North and South Korea talking about a single team and marching under a single flag in the Beijing Olympics, where but in sports? The other part that we're doing -- the section that deals with digital entertainment, the digital ecosystem, when you think about what's coming in that part of the technology world, where there are going to be 3 billion cell phones by the year 2010, and even they and their successors, which will be just called handheld devices, will be video-enabled, music-enabled, voice-enabled and Internet-enabled … that has enormous implications for everything we do, both as a society and with the NBA. It's in a vacuum, changing day by day. So we've got the technological changes occurring, we have globalization occurring, and we have enormous needs for corporate/social responsibility, so there's really a great opportunity to do well and do good at the same time.

Bill Simmons: How would you compare that to 1983, when you were taking over?

David Stern:Look what's happened since 1983. We've gone from three networks or maybe four … I mean, the first network deal I made for cable, which I either fortunately or unfortunately made, was in 1979 (with a network that eventually became USA) for $400,000. In the intervening 20 years or so, we went from 4 million subscribers on cable to 90 million on cable and satellite … we went from five networks to 500 networks. That was the most enormous growth and we rode that growth. That was a river that came running by our door -- actually, it was more like an ocean.

Another thing happened: Right now, the only building in our league that isn't new or rebuilt since 1984 is the Meadowlands, and that's planned for replacement in a couple of years. All of the sudden, we have 30 teams playing in buildings with club seats, suites, video boards, sound systems, I mean, it is almost unfair to compare the experience. And by the way, the TV thing is significant in another way. Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain labored in relative anonymity. I just read some place that Greg Oden has already appeared in two ESPN games.

The third is Michael Jordan, but for a different reason than you might think. Michael Jordan and Nike made sports marketing a consumer product business as well, where teams put their marks on everything from apparel to furniture to hard goods …

Bill Simmons: But you guys had a little bit to do with that, in terms of marketing players and games? You guys were the first ones that did it, right?

David Stern: You know, interestingly enough, when I became commissioner, everything I knew I copied from either Major League Baseball promotions or NFL Properties. They were very generous with their time, Bowie Kuhn and Pete Rozelle … the NFL had NFL Films, baseball had MLB productions and MLB Promotions, the NFL had NFL Properties, so it was sort of, "OK, we have all these people doing things in a pretty good way, what could we learn from them?" But it was the Michael Jordan/Nike phenomenon that really let people see that athletes were OK, and black athletes were OK. Defying a previous wisdom -- not only that black athletes wouldn't sell in white America, but that the NBA as a predominantly black sport could not sell in white America. And then sponsors became interested. So all these things came together at the same time.

I mean, in 1985, we invited the Chinese national team -- actually, we didn't really invite them, we just said, "Some day, we hope you'll be here," and we got a telex saying, "we accept your invitation" [laughs] -- and I remember thinking, "Where are we gonna raise the $250,000 to cover this tour?" And while they were on the plane, Kaliber, the nonalcoholic beverage for Guinness, agreed to a deal with us that allowed us to cover the expenses. It wasn't always that we had a blue chip [sponsor] lined up … sponsors began looking at sports, or at least looking at us. So those three things, the marketing, the arena and the television were huge, because I refuse to say that Player X of today is better than Elgin, Wilt, Willis, Bill Russell, Havlicek, Harry Gallatin …

kaya lang i consider jordan to be greater than bird simply because of jordan's performance in game 5 of 97 finals...pasensya na kung paulit ulit ko tong sinasabi kasi ito talaga ang greatest performance of an athlete that i've ever seen....di ko nakita si bird na nalagay sa situation na he was physically weak and yet make the winning shot of an nba finals game.

i simply cannot imagine how an athlete can match or even surpass how jordan displayed his sheer determination to win that time.

Maraming games that MJ played sick.. I do not know if anyone of you knew there was a time that Jordan had a serious case of athlete's foot.. wherein his feet would be full of pus and blood.. There were games that his feet hurt so much but he still continuously practiced and played the game at a level where everyone expected him..

In game 3 of the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals in 1993, Jordan injured his wrist.. and was shooting air-balls.. X-rays before the game showed that it was just a sprain.. He practiced shots left handed.. But became more of a detriment for the team rather than a helping hand.. The first half of the game was terrible but the second half.. hmmm... this is where Jordan showed mind over pain.. He was shooting the ball well.. What happened? Hindi niya ininda ang sakit dahil pinilit niyang i-extend ang wrist niya.. Masakit talaga.. kaso unti-unti daw nawala.. dahil sa kakapilit niya.. Can't really explain it.. It seems that MJ had God helping him.. He was just like Wolverine (sa Comics) that heals very fast..

That Game 5 against Utah.. was a benchmark for a lot of people coz it was a performance worth watching all over again.. hindi mo pagsasawaan.. Everyone knew that MJ was sick.. but in the dying minutes of the game.. he was the only one who performed.. the steal.. the shot.. defense.. offense..

Even MJ does not know where he gets his strength.. There are times na sinasabi niya na para sa kanya ang sakit ng isang injury ay minsan ay nasa isip lang.. Determination and sheer will was his way of overcoming pain.. Another attitude that separates him from the rest..

--------

I know that skills can be imitated, EDC.. Bird's, Magic's, Bryant Reeves' ... lahat.. but ang isang determinasyon ng tao ang hind maaring maimitate.. You also say that maraming negro ang gustong mag-emulate kay Jordan.. Kahit nga dito sa atin eh.. Anong tawag mo ke Bong Alvarez.. #23 pa ang jersey.. Mas madaming gusto talaga gumaya kay Jordan dahil mas electric ang moves niya.. Sabihin na natin na mas maganda ang level ng utak ni Bird.. But Bird never achieved what MJ achieved.. that is bring the word.. Basketball.. in the minds of a lot of people.. global phenomenon.. ika nga.. Ito ang sinasabi ko na hindi magagaya kahit kailan man.. As I have said.. he was the catalyst.. and that makes him (as people say) the greatest BB player ever.. Hindi lang skills, court vision at IQ ang kailangan dre.. Make yourself the greatest phenomenon.. Nike may have had a hand in Jordan's rise.. but Nike can not do it alone.. the performance of the endorsed player must be there.. But Jordan surpassed expectations.. and even destroyed the mindset of his detractors.. Kahit siguro kunin ng Fila si Jordan.. ganun pa rin ang mangyayari eh..

He may not be the greatest in some people's eyes.. but you can never doubt what he meant for basketball.. coz he became the first person (the way I see it) that is synonimous with basketball.. As you said, well known siya.. Marketing man o hindi.. still that is reality..

still waiting for the larry bird thread?!!!!???? pati na rin yung purefoods thread........para di ot.,MJ was Mr. NBA during his prime and could still be until now.it was MJ vs. the bad boys of detroit,the sonics ,the utah jazz at the height of his basketball skills. Not to bring larry legend down,pero on his own,di nya kaya gawin yun.the NBA had to hype up his rivalry with Magic Johnson which dates back from their college hoop days.so during the 80's ,it was MAGIC V. BIRD. and after that it was only MJ against all comers.

Si jordan may lagnat ata nun. Hindi ko sure, correct me.

Ang greatest performance ni jordan para sa akin dalawa: Yung pinasa nya bola kay paxson and yung kay steve kerr. Nung nakita ko na pinasa ni jordan bola kay paxson. Sbi ko nun nagmature na si jordan. Yung isa naman nung na-double team si jordan pinasa nya kay kerr. Para sa akin dun sya naging One of the Greatest Player. Nung early years nya ksi pinipilit nya yung fade-away nya kahit double team na.

Si Bird majority ng playing career nya meron syang problema sa Spine.

Para sa akin naman ang greatest performance ng isang NBA player ay yung steal ni  Bird kay thomas.

Grabe yun. Hindi nga game winning shot. Game winning Steal and Assits para manalo.

"With five seconds remaining and the Celtics trailing 107-106, Bird stole an Isiah Thomas inbounds pass and fed Dennis Johnson, whose layup gave Boston the win"

Sobra Grabe yun. Lamang Detroit tpos inbound pa ng detroit tpos 5 seconds remaining? Si Isiah Thomas na magaling pumasa pa nag-inbound. Kso malas talaga ksi si Bird kalaban eh. Hindi lang basta naka-steal, pinasa pa sa kakampi na nagresult sa panalo.

Kung ibang player ang naka-steal nun tapos 5 seconds remaining sigurado ititira agad yun. Lalo na sa mga players ngayon.

Ganito na lng ksi kanya kanya tayo greatest eh.

Si Jordan The"Greatest One on One Player"

Si Bird naman The "Greatest All Around Player"

napanood ko yan...nainis nga ako kay isaiah kasi paborito ko sya...

not to take away anything from bird pero ito ang differences ng situations nila...

bird was playing healthy and was playing in boston garden....whereas jordan was playing sick and was playing in a very hostile crowd in delta center...

as i said before i recognize greatness of athletes not when they are in the zone but how well they rise above the occasion despite the odds against them.

still waiting for the larry bird thread?!!!!???? pati na rin yung purefoods thread........

Chaser...ay Looker na pala ngayon. Masyado ka ata naapektuhan dun sa motoring nung tinitira ko yung Mazda Probinsya. Hindi mo pa rin ba matanggap yun?

Alam mo rin pala Purefoods fan ako? Talaga binabasa mo mga pinupuntahan ko thread. Ngayon na-oobvious ka na. Ginebra ka ba? Baka naman Air 21 ka. Mag-Red Bull ka na lng pra hindi ka bumabakas. By the way san mo nabasa na gagawa ako ng Purefoods na thread?

Eh napapansin ko wala ka naman tlga balak mag post dito eh. Ako lng chinichase mo.

Kanya kanya thread lng yan. Don’t take it personally.

Go Mazda Probinsya. Wag Bitter.

Not to bring larry legend down,pero on his own,di nya kaya gawin yun.the NBA had to hype up his rivalry with Magic Johnson which dates back from their college hoop days.so during the 80's ,it was MAGIC V. BIRD. and after that it was only MJ against all comers.

NBA nag hype? Malupit na ba commercialsm ng NBA nung rookie years nila Magic and Bird? Marami na ba Cable nun worldwide? Ang Focus ng commercialsm ng panahon nila Magic ang Bird sa game mismo. Di ba sabi nga dati. “NBA its Fanstatic”

Swerte nga ng NBA dahil kay Bird and Magic. Sila Nagsimula kaya sumikat NBA. May mga Players ba Ganyan Talent ngayon?

Basahin mo yung sinabi ni David Stern. nasa taas yung post.

Ikaw ha binabasa mo pala mga thread na sinasalihan ko. Nasa Bayani and Binay thread din ako. Baka gusto mo kontrahin sinasabi ko dun.

Wag kasi nakiki-saw-saw.

napanood ko yan...nainis nga ako kay isaiah kasi paborito ko sya...

not to take away anything from bird pero ito ang differences ng situations nila...

bird was playing healthy and was playing in boston garden....whereas jordan was playing sick and was playing in a very hostile crowd in delta center...

as i said before i recognize greatness of athletes not when they are in the zone but how well they rise above the occasion despite the odds against them.

Healthy? Majority ng Playing career ni Bird Problema nya Spine nya. Hindi lang nya sinabi sa media. You could check his book dun nya kwento lahat yun. (Bird Watching on playing and Coaching the game I Love). Serious Back problem na hindi alam ng NBA. Galing noh sinicret lng nung naglalaro sya.

Yung situation na sinasabi ko, hindi nya hawak yung bola. Mas mahirap gumawa ng Game winning moment pag hindi mo hawak ang bola. Lamang pa Detroit nun at 5seconds remaining. At si Isiah Thomas ang naiinbound. Qualiter Passer is Isiah.

Wala ng panahon para magdribble or magtime-out. Iba lng tlga Instict ni Larry Bird.

Pag hawak mo ksi bola mas madali dumiskarte kahit may sakit or iniinda ang player.

Isa ko example ito. Bkit Gusto ko talaga si Bird.

"He became the first player ever to shoot at least .500 from the floor (.525) and .900 from the free throw line (.910) in the same season. In classic Bird fashion, he proved that was no fluke by doing it again the following season (.527 and .916). And he still managed to average more than nine rebounds and six assists both seasons. "

-Wla pa ata NBA player na nakagawa nyan. Kung meron na, correct me.

Si Jordan expected mo na matatalo Utah. Nung 90s si jordan ang pamantayan.

Wla ako makita defender ng utah na kaya bantayan si jordan. Sobra dehado utah pag kalaban si jordan. Dapat nga tinatambakan ni jordan utah ksi Wala maka-defensa sa kanya dun. Kung hindi si Bryon Russel, Si Howard Eisley, Si Shandon Anderson, Minsan si Hornacek. Matatalo tlaga utah nun.

Edited by edc
Bill Simmons: How would you compare that to 1983, when you were taking over?

David Stern:Look what's happened since 1983. We've gone from three networks or maybe four … I mean, the first network deal I made for cable, which I either fortunately or unfortunately made, was in 1979 (with a network that eventually became USA) for $400,000. In the intervening 20 years or so, we went from 4 million subscribers on cable to 90 million on cable and satellite … we went from five networks to 500 networks. That was the most enormous growth and we rode that growth. That was a river that came running by our door -- actually, it was more like an ocean.

Another thing happened: Right now, the only building in our league that isn't new or rebuilt since 1984 is the Meadowlands, and that's planned for replacement in a couple of years. All of the sudden, we have 30 teams playing in buildings with club seats, suites, video boards, sound systems, I mean, it is almost unfair to compare the experience. And by the way, the TV thing is significant in another way. Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain labored in relative anonymity. I just read some place that Greg Oden has already appeared in two ESPN games.

The third is Michael Jordan, but for a different reason than you might think. Michael Jordan and Nike made sports marketing a consumer product business as well, where teams put their marks on everything from apparel to furniture to hard goods …

Bill Simmons: But you guys had a little bit to do with that, in terms of marketing players and games? You guys were the first ones that did it, right?

David Stern: You know, interestingly enough, when I became commissioner, everything I knew I copied from either Major League Baseball promotions or NFL Properties. They were very generous with their time, Bowie Kuhn and Pete Rozelle … the NFL had NFL Films, baseball had MLB productions and MLB Promotions, the NFL had NFL Properties, so it was sort of, "OK, we have all these people doing things in a pretty good way, what could we learn from them?" But it was the Michael Jordan/Nike phenomenon that really let people see that athletes were OK, and black athletes were OK. Defying a previous wisdom -- not only that black athletes wouldn't sell in white America, but that the NBA as a predominantly black sport could not sell in white America. And then sponsors became interested. So all these things came together at the same time.

I mean, in 1985, we invited the Chinese national team -- actually, we didn't really invite them, we just said, "Some day, we hope you'll be here," and we got a telex saying, "we accept your invitation" [laughs] -- and I remember thinking, "Where are we gonna raise the $250,000 to cover this tour?" And while they were on the plane, Kaliber, the nonalcoholic beverage for Guinness, agreed to a deal with us that allowed us to cover the expenses. It wasn't always that we had a blue chip [sponsor] lined up … sponsors began looking at sports, or at least looking at us. So those three things, the marketing, the arena and the television were huge, because I refuse to say that Player X of today is better than Elgin, Wilt, Willis, Bill Russell, Havlicek, Harry Gallatin …

Ito yung post ko na sinasabi ko. Yan yung dati ko pa point out. Nung nabasa ko Article ni Bill Simmons meron part na gusto ko at related sa pag-compare ng players Before and Now.

of all i know there is one team that make him suffer in his carrer in the 80's this are the badboys piston..... they cnot enter the 2nd round coz of the piston.... they got the revenge in the 90's wen the badboys was retiring 1 by 1. only joe dumars was left wen they face the bulls onse in the 90's......

of all i know there is one team that make him suffer in his carrer in the 80's this are the badboys piston..... they cnot enter the 2nd round coz of the piston.... they got the revenge in the 90's wen the badboys was retiring 1 by 1. only joe dumars was left wen they face the bulls onse in the 90's......

Boton Celtics din. Not Once But Twice na 4-0 ng Celtics ang bulls. Dinaan ksi ni jordan sa scoring eh. Double team and Triple team na sya dati pero tira pa rin. Di ba yung Calesa ng kabayo meron sa kabayo sa gilid ng mata? Parang ganun si jordan nun wala nakikita kakampi.

Sa pistons naman Kinuyog sya ng Defense ng detroit. The same thing din Triple team pero tira pa din.

Pero kahti natritriple team pumapasok naman yung tira pero ang problem hindi pde yun eh. Eh pano kakampi? Mahirap manalo pag hindi papasa sa kakampi.

Out of the Topic: Naalala ko tuloy si Susan Roces. Youve Stolen the Presidency not Once but Twice!

NBA nag hype? Malupit na ba commercialsm ng NBA nung rookie years nila Magic and Bird? Marami na ba Cable nun worldwide? Ang Focus ng commercialsm ng panahon nila Magic ang Bird sa game mismo. Di ba sabi nga dati. “NBA its Fanstatic”

Swerte nga ng NBA dahil kay Bird and Magic. Sila Nagsimula kaya sumikat NBA. May mga Players ba Ganyan Talent ngayon?

Basahin mo yung sinabi ni David Stern. nasa taas yung post.

Ikaw ha binabasa mo pala mga thread na sinasalihan  ko. Nasa Bayani and Binay thread din ako. Baka gusto mo kontrahin sinasabi ko dun.

Wag kasi nakiki-saw-saw.

boy latak, kaya hindi pa nagexpand internationally ang nba 'nun is bec. wala pang player with an intl. appeal like MJ. kanya-kanyang era yan,before ng sinasabi mong MAGIC at BIRD there was the Dr. J era.Sikat na sikat itong mamang ito nun sa ABA kaya NBA had to get those teams para lang Dr.J will play in their league.

binasa mo nga yung sinabi ni Stern,pero di ka naman marunong umintindi. eh kung di ba naman ikaw ang nakikisawsaw eh.papasok ka sa thread naming mga ginebra fans para manira, i have nothing against purefoods pero style mo latak.just to bring up your idols,sisiraan mo ang iba.katulad nito,thread ni jordan,ipapasok mo si larry bird.kunsabagay,aside from talking trash like him,your brain functions like his surname.

wag ka mag-alala,di kita susundan dun sa sinasabi mong BAYANI at BINAY thread.wala akong pinapanigan sa dalawang yan,kasi pare-pareho kayong latak.

sorry,sa mga MODS,napa-ot tuloy ako. :mtc: :thumbsupsmiley:

Healthy? Majority ng Playing career ni Bird Problema nya Spine nya. Hindi lang nya sinabi sa media. You could check his book dun nya kwento lahat yun. (Bird Watching on playing and Coaching the game I Love). Serious Back problem na hindi alam ng NBA. Galing noh sinicret lng nung naglalaro sya.

Yung situation na sinasabi ko, hindi nya hawak yung bola. Mas mahirap gumawa ng Game winning moment pag hindi mo hawak ang bola. Lamang pa Detroit nun at 5seconds remaining. At si Isiah Thomas ang naiinbound. Qualiter Passer is Isiah.

Wala ng panahon para magdribble or magtime-out. Iba lng tlga Instict ni Larry Bird.

Pag hawak mo ksi bola mas madali dumiskarte kahit may sakit or iniinda ang player.

Isa ko example ito. Bkit Gusto ko talaga si Bird.

"He became the first player ever to shoot at least .500 from the floor (.525) and .900 from the free throw line (.910) in the same season. In classic Bird fashion, he proved that was no fluke by doing it again the following season (.527 and .916). And he still managed to average more than nine rebounds and six assists both seasons. "

-Wla pa ata NBA player na nakagawa nyan. Kung meron na, correct me.

Si Jordan expected mo na matatalo Utah. Nung 90s si jordan ang  pamantayan.

Wla ako makita defender ng utah na kaya bantayan si jordan. Sobra dehado utah pag kalaban si jordan. Dapat nga tinatambakan ni jordan utah ksi Wala maka-defensa sa kanya dun. Kung hindi si Bryon Russel, Si Howard Eisley, Si Shandon Anderson, Minsan si Hornacek. Matatalo tlaga utah nun.

well not when you're so sick to the point of dehydration!!

ganyan ka dominant si jordan nung 90s. nobody was able to beat him in an nba finals series!!!

boy latak, kaya hindi pa nagexpand internationally ang nba 'nun is bec. wala pang player with an intl. appeal like MJ.

ahahahaha. Improving ha. may tawag ka na sa kin.

Chaser Mahapdi tlga sabihin yung mazda pang probinsya.

Ok to the Topic:

International Appeal? Chaser namnamin mo sinabi ni Stern. May factors yan. "Kung" si jordan nung 60s-70s naglaro pano mo imamarket internationally eh hindi pa hi-tech nun. Pano nila ipapakita sa international audience kung si jordan 60s and 70s naglaro. Paano?

Chaser kahit ano international appeal ng isang player nung 60s and 70s eh low tech pa nun. Sa states nun low tech pa eh what more pa sa pinas?

Pero kelan ba "nagsimula" na magboom NBA? Kay Magic and Bird. Tapos pinagpatuloy na lng ni jordan nung 90s internationally. 80s compared sa 90s ang layo naman sa technology.

Ang linaw linaw ng sinabi ni David Stern...

-------pati $250,000 pinoproblema pa nya nun. Dumating na nyan si jordan. pero nafeel ba internationally? Dito sa pinas hindi rin nafeel eh. Kasi hindi pa ganun ka high tech nun. Commercially wla pa Cable nun sa pinas.

papasok ka sa thread naming mga ginebra fans para manira

Chaser, Ginebra ka pala. Bagay na Bagay ha. Daming meaning ng Chaser.

Malay ko ba ginebra ka. Nag-post lang ako dun na: "Tinira ng mga ginebra fans yung Honda SIR ni tugade" Masama ba yung post na ganun?(Reported sa Inquirer yun)

Nakipag-trash talk lang ako dun sa isa poster ksi ang dahilan daw nya kaya natalo ginebra dinaya daw ng referee. Yan ang hirap eh, Pag ginebra natalo dinaya daw.

Chaser kelan ko sinabi gagawa ako Purefoods thread?

Chaser sa tatlo thread na sinundan mo ako, Makiki-sawsaw ka lng pag nakita mo marami kumokontra sa akin. Ano yung mga thread? Sex with Fat Boys and Girls, NBA thread, Jordan Thread.

Pero pag si thread na wlang kumokontra or isa lng kumokontra sa akin Hindi ko makita si Chaser

Chaser na-oobvious ka

wag ka mag-alala,di kita susundan dun sa sinasabi mong BAYANI at BINAY thread.wala akong pinapanigan sa dalawang yan,kasi pare-pareho kayong latak.

Bigla nahiya ah. Sunod na. Hindi Bagay sayo nagsasalita ng tapos. Baka magulat na lang ako I-Chase mo rin ako dun.

Edited by edc

http://espn.go.com/endofcentury/s/century/katz.html

From coast to coast, a magical pair

By Andy Katz

ESPN.com

Michael Jordan may be one of the top five athletes of the century, but he's not responsible for changing the NBA, or to some extent, the NCAA's Final Four.

Larry Bird and Magic Johnson can close the century knowing they resuscitated the pro game and gave new life to the college tournament.

Bird, the fair-haired white shooter from the sticks of Indiana, led an undefeated Indiana State to the national title game in 1979. Magic Johnson, the flashy, gregarious African-American point guard from urban Michigan, brought a taste of showtime to Michigan State.

That title game became one of the most documented finals in history -- it remains the highest-rated college basketball game ever, a contest that captivated the nation. It helped that neither program had a history of reaching the Final Four. UCLA had dominated most of the previous 15 years, but the '79 final gave us a taste of two programs that were led by stars. Bird and Magic helped set the tone for a 20-year period where players actually grabbed equal billing with the head coaches (does anyone remember who coached Indiana State?).

Also, the Bird-Magic showdown was a turning point for the NCAA Tournament, which became one of sports hottest properties. In November, CBS extended its current deal with the NCAA with an 11-year, $6 billion deal -- about $545 million per year to televise the tournament.

But that '79 title game has grown in importance in part because the Bird-Magic continued in the NBA. No other individual rivalry has moved from one level to the next without a time gap. Bird simply traded his light blue Sycamores' jersey for the Celtic green. Magic went from Spartan green and white to Laker yellow and purple.

The NBA has always been about one-on-one duels. Bird, the forward, and Magic, the point guard, didn't guard each other. But the rivalry continued as the Lakers and Celtics battled for NBA supremacy throughout the 1980s.

Bird represented Boston, a blue-collar city. Magic's GQ persona was the right fit in Hollywood. It didn't hurt that Bird was white, playing in Boston, a city with a history of racial intolerance. It certainly helped that Magic was in Los Angeles, one of the most diverse cities in the nation.

Acknowledging the race issue isn't being racist. Certainly, the Celtics had African-American fans. But a healthy, respected rivalry between two players of different races was good for both cities and for the nation that followed the sport.

Playing seven-game series in Boston and Los Angeles brought the coasts closer together. Magic and Bird were the best competitors in the game -- the best players -- and their teams battled in three riveting championships in 1984, 1985 and 1987. In every year of the decade, either the Lakers or Celtics played for the title.

Remember this as well: When Magic and Bird entered the league in 1979, the NBA Finals were broadcast on a tape-delayed basis. You had to say up until 11:30 p.m. to watch Brent Musberger call the play-by-game. The league was riddled with drug problems and attendance was sagging.

Many like to credit David Stern with reviving the league. But where would David Stern be without Magic Johnson and Larry Bird?

With the NBA struggling for an identity (Julius Erving was viewed as a novelty), Bird and Magic gave the NBA star power. Jordan was still in college when Bird and Magic played in their first NBA Finals. The rivalry allowed the NBA to become a form of entertainment. The media loved the rivalry and the pair seemed to flourish in it, as well. They were loyal to their cities and their organizations, which played well across the nation. Neither player ever considered being traded and that allowed fans to root for teams they knew would mostly remain intact. Today, Scottie Pippen is trying for another NBA title with his third team in three years.

Jordan won six NBA titles, the last two against the Utah Jazz. He didn't have a rivalry with Karl Malone or John Stockton. For one thing, you can't have a rivalry if only one team wins. Bird and Magic were both winners, sometimes against each other. They helped create the interest in the Final Four and they made today's NBA.

Andy Katz is a staff writer for ESPN.com.

PARA MATAPOS NA ANG KALATAKAN NG REASONING MO BOY LATAK A.KA. EDC, I AM CHALLENGING YOU TO A ONE ON ONE B.BALL GAME. PASABI KA LANG KUNG SAAN AT KELAN,YOU PLACE UR BETS.ITAYA MO NA YUNG SINASABI MONG HONDA MO,YUNG MALAKI MONG BANK ACCT. PATI NA RIN YUNG MGA FAKE MONG B.BALL SHOES :lol: LET'S SEE IF THE THINGS YOU RESEARCH ABOUT YOUR IDOL,EH MAI-AAPLAY MO SA B.COURT. :lol:

Chaser sa tatlo thread na sinundan mo ako, Makiki-sawsaw ka lng pag nakita mo marami kumokontra sa akin. Ano yung mga thread? Sex with Fat Boys and Girls, NBA thread, Jordan Thread.

Pero pag si thread na wlang kumokontra or isa lng kumokontra sa akin Hindi ko makita si Chaser

Chaser na-oobvious ka

Bigla nahiya ah. Sunod na. Hindi Bagay sayo nagsasalita ng tapos. Baka magulat na lang ako I-Chase mo rin ako dun.

LATAK KA TALAGA!!!KUNG NAG-IISIP KA TULAD NG IDOL MO,MALALAMAN MO KUNG BAKIT MARAMI KUMOKONTRA SA MGA THREAD NA PINAPASOK MO.KUNG DI KA BA NAMAN BUGOK.,PAPASOK KA SA THREAD NI MJ,PURO BIRD NAMAN ANG BANAT MO,PUMASOK KA SA GINEBRA,PUREFOODS NAMAN IBABANGKA MO.DUN SA SEX WITH FAT BOYS AND GIRLS,PUMASOK KA RIN,EH DI KA NAMAN NAKA-TRY NA NG FAT GIRL,SABI MO LANG FAT BOY PA LANG NASUBUKAN MO. :lol:

PARA  MATAPOS NA ANG KALATAKAN NG REASONING MO BOY LATAK A.KA. EDC, I AM CHALLENGING YOU TO A ONE ON ONE B.BALL GAME. PASABI KA LANG KUNG SAAN AT KELAN,YOU PLACE UR BETS.ITAYA MO NA YUNG SINASABI MONG HONDA MO,YUNG MALAKI MONG BANK ACCT. PATI NA RIN YUNG MGA FAKE MONG B.BALL SHOES :lol: LET'S SEE IF THE THINGS YOU RESEARCH ABOUT YOUR IDOL,EH MAI-AAPLAY MO SA B.COURT. :lol:

Nadale na! Bigla hindi maka-sagot ha. Namnamin mo sinabi ni David Stern. Pano mo imamarket si jordan internationally kung 60s and 70s sya dumating sa NBA. Ano na ba technology nung 60s and 70s?

Yan ang hirap eh. Pag hindi na makasagot iba na ang ilalaban.

Chaser Napaghahalata ka na ngayon. Pati sa All About Basketball Shoes Kinontra mo pa rin ako! Kaya hindi ka nagpost dun ksi walang kumokontra sa akin. Ikaw ha magpopost ka lang pag nakita mo marami kumokontra sa akin.

Mukhang Grabe ata PagkaTira ko sa Mazda Probinsya mo. Musta Ginebra? Dinaya ba kayo ng Referee? Taandaan mo ang Tinira ko Mazda, hindi ikaw. Kaso Dinamdam mo ata. Pag natutulog ka yan ba lagi mo iniisip?

Chaser may Lahing Madam Racha or Madam Auring ka ba? Kilala mo na ba yung Hinahamon mo? Ang Pag-sisisi nasa huli lagi. Meron ka ba Papusta?

LET'S SEE IF THE THINGS YOU RESEARCH ABOUT YOUR IDOL,EH MAI-AAPLAY MO SA B.COURT. :lol:

Are you implying na Ma-aaply mo sa court yung pagiging jordan? Yessssssssss Jordanesque ha.

Shiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeet!

LATAK KA TALAGA!!!KUNG NAG-IISIP KA TULAD NG IDOL MO,MALALAMAN MO KUNG BAKIT MARAMI KUMOKONTRA SA MGA THREAD NA PINAPASOK MO.KUNG DI KA BA NAMAN BUGOK.,PAPASOK KA SA THREAD NI MJ,PURO BIRD NAMAN ANG BANAT MO,PUMASOK KA SA GINEBRA,PUREFOODS NAMAN IBABANGKA MO.DUN SA SEX WITH FAT BOYS AND GIRLS,PUMASOK KA RIN,EH DI KA NAMAN NAKA-TRY NA NG FAT GIRL,SABI MO LANG FAT BOY PA LANG NASUBUKAN MO. :lol:

Chaser Pumasok ako sa Jordan thread ksi para konting debate kung Greatest talaga si Jordan.

Sa Ginebra thread ang Unang post ko dun sana manalo ginebra para sila maglaban ng Purefoods sa finals. Masama ba yun?

Sa Sex with Fat Boys and Girls Sabi ko bkit yung mga Karamihan ng mga Chubby may mga Amoy? Sino nagsabi hindi ako naka-try ng Fat Girl? Magbasa ka kasi ng post. Eh ang Problema ako yung chinichase mo hindi naman yung thread.

Meron din nagpost dun na Girl na tinatanong bkit daw karamihan ng Chubby na lalake maliit daw titi. Bakit yun di mo kinontra?

By the way kaya ka ba nasaktan dahil Chubby ka ba?

Hindi ko malaman sa mo nabasa na Hindi ako nakatry ng Fat Girl?

San mo rin pala nabasa na gagawa ako ng Purefoods thread?

Yan ang hirap eh, May lahing imbentor ka!

Kontrahin mo naman ako sa mga thread na walang kumokontra sa akin. Hindi yung puro saw-saw ka lng.

Maging Instigator ka naman. Wag puro saw-saw

Edited by edc

ano na naman binabanat mo na 60's and 70's? di ba BIRD at MJ pinaglalaban mo? anong era ba naglaro itong dalawang ito? if you read clearly what you've posted, DAVID STERN,didn't categorically credited down on one person where the NBA is right now.of course he never will,as an executive you don't show your biases or preferences on press releases like that.DAVID STERN represents the NBA.you don't need cable t.v. to know if an athlete is great or not,although early 80's pa lang with the F.E.N. ng mga US bases and on GMA 7 every saturday may access na sa NBA ang mga PINOY.ewan ko lang sa iyo kung nanunood ka na ng NBA during those tyms.baka panay maynika at bahay-bahayan lang ginagwa mo nung tym na yun. :D

pasensya na sa mga MODS,OUT OF TOPIC NA ITO. you can delete this afterwards,ok lang sa akin.

EDC, you're right,sinusundan nga kita.chaser ako :lol: aliw na aliw kasi ako sa mga posts mo eh.sa MAZDA thread,sa GINEBRA thread,sa SEX WITH FAT PEOPLE THREAD,sa BBALL SHOES thread.you even have the guts to go into the LIVING WITH A BI-WIFE THREAD,para lang sabihin na magkakakuto gumagawa ng lesbo sex. :blink: (bobo mo!)

pero thats what makes message board/forums like this wonderful.it allows morons like EDC to inflict their stupidity on the unsuspecting public. :mtc: :thumbsupsmiley:

SO NOW EDC,that will bring us back to my challenge to you.don't hide under the comforts of these threads,if you really stand by to what you posted,you will be brave enough to say it to my face.race to 21,one on one BBALL. ANYTIME,ANYWHERE.

Yap,

Personally Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time. Of course, with my age,

I wasn't able to see past legends and couldn't really make a comparison. But I have

witnessed players like karl malone, Kobe Byrant, Dave Robinson, Barckley, Reggie Miller,

Larry, and others. They were all in the hall of fame, but none beats Michael. I could say

that I enjoyed basketball because of watching Michael Jordan. Of course since his retirement

my interest in basketball dwindled to just watching once in a while and browsing website. Of

course I am updated on what is happening in NBA but none beats Michael Jordan.

mga brod, esp to edc, i think it will be much better if u create ur own Larry Bird thread. this thread is for MJ, we should be talking more about MJ, the +s and even the -'s. nawawalan na kasi ang direksyon ng thread na ito eh. creating ur own bird thread will help u enshrine and worship ur bird. dont wori, magpopost din kaming mga ordinaryong admirer ng isa sa mga greats. post some pics na rin ng idol mo in action, lalo na yungkitang kita ang legs dahil sa maiigsing shorts, para "tigasan" ka rin :lol: :P