His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

Just wanna share an article in Beckett.com:

COULD THIS BE THE GREATEST BASKETBALL CARD EVER?

by Keith Hover, Price Guide Editor (Beckett Basketball)

Michael Jordan is no stranger to huge returns—after a brief retirement for the 1993-94 season, MJ returned to lead the Chicago Bulls to three straight NBA Championships (1995-96, 1996-97 and 1997-98). Then, after retiring following the conclusion of the 1997-98 season, Jordan came back in 2001-02 to lead an unbelievable string of home sellout games for then, an NBA doormat Washington Wizards franchise.

With all hobby eyes fixed upon the 2003-04 UD Exquisite Collection and LeBron James’ $10,000 rookie, Jordan has done it again—this time with a card; a card that is almost 20 years old. Beckett Grading Services has recently awarded its first ever Pristine 10 grade for a 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan RC card; which is quite a feat considering that more than 16,000 86-87 Fleer cards have been graded by BGS and only five (.0003%) have received the Pristine grade.

Back in 2002, the first BGS 9.5 Gem Mint card sold for $77,200 to an Australian collector and was followed up by a handful of sales in the $15,000-$30,000 range, of which, the $77,200 sale is believed to be the highest selling price for any basketball card, and easily ranks as number one for all modern-era cards (1980-01 to the present).

This card may break that previous high mark and has the potential to hit the $100,000 plateau, previously reserved for cards like the T206 Honus Wagner, the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle, and the 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth. The card was crossed over from a PSA 10 Gem Mint to a BGS 10 Pristine at the Chicago Sun-Time show in Rosemont, Illinois March 24-26.

---

Just a testament to MJ's greatness..

post-75683-1144677264.jpg

Edited by revi
Iba pa rin para sa akin si MJ kasi i think kahit ngayong era sya maglaro at tulad ng skills nya dati...angat pa rin ang mga skills na kaya nyang gawin...Im not good at comparing nor i don't want to compare...but 1 thing i'm sure of till now magiging competitive pa rin si MJ pag ngayon sya maglaro...
Guest airmax
Bill Russell  :rolleyes:

hindi lang championship pinaguusapan dito. mj revolutionized the game of basketball. ang daming pinauso ni jordan na maraming gumaya tulad ng baggy shorts. dati ang shorts maiikli noong pinauso nya ung mahaba ayon daming nagayahan. isang ex. yan.

It hurts extra when Bill Russell pounded those Lakers, eh? ;)

MJ has it all: records, titles, charisma, fans, even a great coach and a great team, so MJ is the greatest for the modern generation... as for the older generations, it is quite difficult to compare the style of play. for example, compare 19th century american football to the NFL today, ibang iba... basketball naman noong araw, yung "key" hugis susi talaga, ngayon parang phallus (lol) na ang "key"

Guest airmax
It hurts extra when Bill Russell pounded those Lakers, eh? ;)

MJ has it all: records, titles, charisma, fans, even a great coach and a great team, so MJ is the greatest for the modern generation... as for the older generations, it is quite difficult to compare the style of play. for example, compare 19th century american football to the NFL today, ibang iba... basketball naman noong araw, yung "key" hugis susi talaga, ngayon parang phallus (lol) na ang "key"

hindi ito bill russel thread. lets just talk about mj in this thread. each player has its own era. and it would be unfair to compare russel to jordan in terms of greatness.

• 2 weeks later...
I would bet on 1996 MJ against a 2006 Lebron or 2006 Kobe anytime

Dude, Jordan had QUALITY teammates with him like Pippen n Horace/Rodman, cause no One man can really win championships you have to be ALSO surrounded by QUALITY or MAAASAHANG teamates.

Never compare Jordans teammates with the Lebron n Kobe's present teammates, it's REALLY Unfair.

here's something for those people who said that the defense when MJ was still playing was soft.

I qouted this from Alonzo Mourning's remarks regarding Posey's suspension.

"You go back and pull out some of those old tapes and look how playoff basketball used to be played," Mourning said. "That's how Michael [Jordan] defined his greatness -- playing against the Detroits, those teams that put him on his [butt].

MJ

Edited by bret_hart

:thumbsupsmiley: All I could say is " THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER MICHAEL JORDAN!!! MJ's STILL AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER! " :thumbsupsmiley:

To all my fellow Michael Jordan fans out there, look at this link, it's my favorite Jordan site :thumbsupsmiley:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jchong8/

I hope you'd find it interesting and educational :) PEACE OUT AMIGOS! :thumbsupsmiley:

I would bet on 1996 MJ against a 2006 Lebron or 2006 Kobe anytime

how about this comparison:

In a pre game press conference before the cavs-wizards 1st round tussle, David Stern warned against the Jordan comparisons. I say, at least right now, there is no comparison. Jordan averaged 28, 6, and 5 as a 23-year old rookie. LeBron is averaging 37, 8, and 6 in the playoffs as a 21-year old.

nope, im not saying lebron will or can surpass MJ. The kid is simply in a far different league of his own, that's why he avoid competing in a slamdunk contest. I'd say dont compare LBJ to MJ, kay oscar robertson o magic johnson pwede pa.