His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

Dude, no one is saying that Kobe is like Jordan.. it seems na hawig ang moves nila.. but Jordan is far better than KB81.. No one is saying that Kobe is the greatest.. I don't think airmax or even Gideon is saying that.. tama ba guys?  Ito kasi ang basa ko sa mga posts niyo.. So no reason for any spats, pre..

In my case naman, no one can ever be compared to MJ.. As I have said, he has contributed no one can ever duplicate.. that is revolution.. Some people say that it is media that made him the God of Basketball.. But c'mon, media gobbled his image coz he had the utmost talent, physique, charisma, heart and charm.. He made the fans go agape at magwala twing nakaka-shoot siya.. He had so many dramatic moments that marketing did not have to do anything.. MJ marketed himself to the world.. by doing so he marketed the NBA and even basketball to the world.. Timeless you say? I definitely agree..

We do have the same sentiments with MJ,pre.. Although my fave player is TDuncan but even he cannot be compared to MJ.. TD does not leave my mouth hanging after finishing a play.. MJ does.. so who is the greatest? Pareho tayo ng take kay Jordan, pre..

But just to answer your first question:  Shaq better bet than Kobe.. Dunno?  Maybe Shaq was the most immovable force the NBA has ever seen.. But I don't think that Shaq would've won those championships without KB81.. And vise versa.. Coz during (as I have said) his stint with Orlando.. with Penny, Nick Anderson, Dennis Scott.. and their team was considered the best bet for the championship.. an aging Olajuwon and Drexler made Shaq look like a fool.. this made me a non-believer.. If he had been a champion without KB8.. just with Eddie Jones, Van Exel, etc.  Then I would've changed my mind..

Hey, dude, I am not a Laker fan.. at lalong lalo na hindi ako Kobe fan.. Win or lose.. Spurs ako.. But I have always been objective in my POV's.. Hindi naman porket tinalo ng Lakers ang Spurs noon sa playoffs ng ilang beses ay galit na ako kay Shaq or Kobe.. Nayayabangan ako pareho sa dalawang ito.. even sometimes with PhilJax but never hated them.. coz basically hindi lang naman ako in-love sa Spurs eh.. in-love ako sa Basketball..

I ain't spattin' bro! The way they reason out in favor of Kobe implies what they think of it.......I myself do like Kobe as a good baller, but him bein' compared to MJ is a different story.

Anyway, thanks for the comments bro! sa totoo lang and idol ko talaga ay si Iverson e.....Just mah 2 cent!!! Peace!!! :lol:

We know for a fact that MJ gave the Bulls six rings but for the Lakers, don't you think Shaq was the better bet than Kobe????

Bro nung wala pang sila pippen sa Bulls, di nga napapachampion ni Jordan yung team nya pero consistent playoff contender sila....

Nung injurder si Jordan malamang di sya naglalaro at malamang din wala sya nacocontribute para sa team nya kasi injurder nga sya e.

If Jordan ain't the greatest baller.........then who is???  KOBE????  Think it as you do so but that's the last thing on earth imma consider!!!  I know ya'll gonna play this safe but it don't matter, think of it that yo Kobe is as great as MJ but one thing, MJ is timeless!!!

Dude, like Revi said wala akong sinasabing Kobe is the Greatest player or even better than Jordan, simply because Kobe is still too young and because he has no legitimate team mates to HELP him.

Pre, binanggit mo kasi na walang Off-season si Jordan, eh nung na-injured sya eh categorized na "off-season" nya, and I don't think masasabi nating laging naging playoff contender ang Bulls nun dahil nga sa injury.

I ain't spattin' bro!  The way they reason out in favor of Kobe implies what they think of it.......I myself do like Kobe as a good baller, but him bein' compared to MJ is a different story. 

Anyway,  thanks for the comments bro!  sa totoo lang and idol ko talaga ay si Iverson e.....Just mah 2 cent!!!  Peace!!! :lol:

Pre, hindi naman pag gamitin ang word na "COMPARED", eh better na or worse na ang ibig sabihin.

I was using the word COMPARED on situation of Kobe n Jordan, there teammates, etc., and also why Kobe can't win a championship this season.

Pre, hindi naman pag gamitin ang word na "COMPARED", eh better na or worse na ang ibig sabihin.

I was using the word COMPARED on situation of  Kobe n Jordan, there teammates, etc., and also why Kobe can't win a championship this season.

I ain't sayin' that.....coz for me there's no point of comparison with regards to MJ and Kobe. Imma ride with yah, Kobe is GREAT...........................but MJ is simply the GREATEST!!! Hands down yo!!!!

Guest jason_kidd
there's no point of comparison with regards to MJ and Kobe.  Imma ride with yah, Kobe is GREAT...........................but MJ is simply the GREATEST!!!  Hands down yo!!!!

agre ako jan.. nobody beats mj.. isa lng magrereact diyan c EDC!!! :grr: idol ko yan laht lalo na ung nasa avatar mo c tupac! :thumbsupsmiley:

agre ako jan.. nobody beats mj.. isa lng magrereact diyan c EDC!!! :grr: idol ko yan laht lalo na ung nasa avatar mo c tupac! :thumbsupsmiley:

"Idol ko yan.." Nung umpisa dre akala ko ang tinutukoy mong idol ay si edc.. hehehe!!! :lol: :D

Ghetto dude, sabi mo si Iverson ang fave mo.. funny ano? But in the basketball shoes thread we both like to buy Jordan shoes.. This just shows how influential Jordan is to a lot of folks.. :thumbsupsmiley:

MJ and 2pac are both as influential in their fields......Si 2pac nga lang medyo medyo ibang klase yung influence nya sa tao pero if you try to understand most of his songs, you'll see that there's always a good part inside of every person. Si MJ naman wala na ko masasabi, role model both on and off the court. Someone who people of all ages can always look up to.....

"Idol ko yan.."  Nung umpisa dre akala ko ang tinutukoy mong idol ay si edc.. hehehe!!!  :lol:  :D

Ghetto dude, sabi mo si Iverson ang fave mo.. funny ano?  But in the basketball shoes thread we both like to buy Jordan shoes.. This just shows how influential Jordan is to a lot of folks..  :thumbsupsmiley:

Oo nga e si Iverson talaga idol ko pero Jordan collector ako! Kinda weird but maybe that's just how things go....

Sobrang iba talaga influence ni MJ!!! Ngayon ko nga lang napansin yun bro e!!! :lol:

challenge lang mga bro. i just want u to elaborate why jordan is considered to be the greatest cager ever. Since im too lazy to search different nba records, ittatanong ko na lang sa inyo: ano ba ang lamang ni jordan sa ibang nba greats? let's discussed a particular area;

1. can he brag about having the greatest number of career wins? (definitely Bill Russel had more rings than him.)

2. Is he the greatest dunker? (i doubt, the dunks of carter or even jrich is more impressive.)

3. greatest shooter? i had watched him take the 3 point shooting contest and he go nuts with just 5 points, bokya.. but in actual game i think he's the greatest clutch shooter along with reggie miller, lalo na pag crucial moments of the game, sama mo na dun yung sinabi nyang 300(?) games he lost after missing the last shot.

4. greatest/fiercest competitor? yeah definitely. no question. the thing is, he's not alone. how about Larry Bird?(smile edc), how about the other greats, and other unknowns whose willing to k*ll themselves and anyone who cross their path just to win? MJ is just fortunate his antics sells like a hotcake in highlight reels, and seldom his misses.

5. Most number of MVP's?not sure about it, please come up with sumthing guys. sya ba may pinaka maraming MVP, di ba si Jabbar? i guess in all his 6 championships, he won all the Champ MVP

1 thing is im really sure of. He's to basketball what Muhammad Ali is to boxing or Tiger Woods in golf or Bill Gates in software. He's the face of the sport called basketball. period. He may not be the best ever in everything but he strikes where it matters most, being the greatest impact player in history of NBA.

Edited by kanto-terrorist
Guest jason_kidd
challenge lang mga bro. i just want u to elaborate why jordan is considered to be the greatest cager ever.  Since im too lazy to search different nba records, ittatanong ko na lang sa inyo:  ano ba ang lamang ni jordan sa ibang nba greats? let's discussed a particular area;

1. can he brag about having the greatest number of career wins? (definitely Bill Russel had more rings than him.)

2. Is he the greatest dunker? (i doubt, the dunks of carter or even jrich is more impressive.)

3. greatest shooter? i had watched him take the 3 point shooting contest and he go nuts with just 5 points, bokya.. but in actual game i think he's the greatest clutch shooter along with reggie miller, lalo na pag crucial moments of the game, sama mo na dun yung sinabi nyang 300(?) games he lost after missing the last shot.

4. greatest/fiercest competitor? yeah definitely. no question. the thing is, he's not alone.  how about Larry Bird?(smile edc), how about the other greats, and other unknowns whose willing to k*ll themselves and anyone who cross their path just to win? MJ is just fortunate his antics sells like a hotcake in highlight reels, and seldom his misses.

5. Most number of MVP's?not sure about it, please come up with sumthing guys. sya ba may pinaka maraming MVP, di ba si Jabbar? i guess in all his 6 championships, he won all the Champ MVP

1 thing is im really sure of.  He's to basketball what Muhammad Ali is to boxing or Tiger Woods in golf or Bill Gates in software.  He's the face of the sport called  basketball. period. He may not be the best ever  in everything  but he strikes where it matters most, being the greatest impact player in history of NBA.

ok.. lemme start.. :)

1. no.. but what mj brags is the dagger of winning games.. he kills you everytime he makes the shot.. breaking hearts time after time after time after time... :) 72 wins, 6 championships plus the fact that hes a perimeter player... almost all nba championships were based on CENTER plays.. like russell, shaq, etc..

2. for me, mj and nique.. to each his own..

3. no.. i think bird was the greatest shooter... ur correct, i also watched that contest.. but the greatest shooter in crunch time.. hands down, its michael..

4. mj is one of the best competitors ever along side bird, magic, etc..

5. mvps?? mj won it 5 times.. karl malone robbed mj one.. but mj was the finals mvp 6 times..

iba lng tlga ung naging impact ni mj.. the greatest ever.. :)

ok.. lemme start..  :)

1. no.. but what mj brags is the dagger of winning games.. he kills you everytime he makes the shot.. breaking hearts time after time after time after time... :) 72 wins, 6 championships plus the fact that hes a perimeter player... almost all nba championships were based on CENTER plays.. like russell, shaq, etc..

2. for me, mj and nique.. to each his own..

3. no.. i think bird was the greatest shooter... ur correct, i also watched that contest.. but the greatest shooter in crunch time.. hands down, its michael..

4. mj is one of the best competitors ever along side bird, magic, etc..

5. mvps?? mj won it 5 times.. karl malone robbed mj one.. but mj was the finals mvp 6 times..

iba lng tlga ung naging impact ni mj.. the greatest ever.. :)

Bein' the greatest doesn't mean that you have to top all stats. Every basketball player knows that. It's more than just scoring 100 pts per game, more than just winning the most number of rings, etc......Of course all those count but what jason_kidd just enumerated are very big factors of what makes someone a great, or better yet, the greatest basketball player........ever!!!

challenge lang mga bro. i just want u to elaborate why jordan is considered to be the greatest cager ever.  Since im too lazy to search different nba records, ittatanong ko na lang sa inyo:  ano ba ang lamang ni jordan sa ibang nba greats? let's discussed a particular area;

4. greatest/fiercest competitor? yeah definitely. no question. the thing is, he's not alone.  how about Larry Bird?(smile edc), how about the other greats, and other unknowns whose willing to k*ll themselves and anyone who cross their path just to win? MJ is just fortunate his antics sells like a hotcake in highlight reels, and seldom his misses.

1 thing is im really sure of.  He's to basketball what Muhammad Ali is to boxing or Tiger Woods in golf or Bill Gates in software.  He's the face of the sport called  basketball. period. He may not be the best ever  in everything  but he strikes where it matters most, being the greatest impact player in history of NBA.

yung na set mong criteria will not make jordan the best ever....maliban lang sa greatest/fiercest competitor...

i've said in my previous post why i consider jordan to be the greatest ever.

i will describe michael as...."when its time to win, you know they will give the ball to michael...you know he will take the shot...and you know he will make the shot"...of course it's not 100% of the time.

jordan had the ability to elevate the level of his game in post season...he's good all regular season but he was more special during post season. it didnt matter whether he played in united center or in delta center or in key west or in forum or in msg or in boston garden.

nagkaroon kami dati ng consultant na canadian at natandaan ko yung sinabi nya...he's never seen an individual athlete dominate a team sport the way jordan dominated nba...he humbly put wayne "the great one" gretzky behind jordan.

yung na set mong criteria will not make jordan the best ever....maliban lang sa greatest/fiercest competitor...

i will describe michael as...."when its time to win, you know they will give the ball to michael...you know he will take the shot...and you know he will make the shot"...of course it's not 100% of the time.

jordan had the ability to elevate the level of his game in post season...he's good all regular season but he was more special during post season.  it didnt matter whether he played in united center or in delta center or in key west or in forum or in msg or in boston garden.

nagkaroon kami dati ng consultant na canadian at natandaan ko yung sinabi nya...he's never seen an individual athlete dominate a team sport the way jordan dominated nba...he humbly put wayne "the great one" gretzky behind jordan.

Hands down brotha!!!

jordan had the ability to elevate the level of his game in post season...he's good all regular season but he was more special during post season.  it didnt matter whether he played in united center or in delta center or in key west or in forum or in msg or in boston garden.

Yup. I agree.. Bill Russel won more championships than Jordan ever did.. Kareem played more games.. and I would say won more games.. Wilt Chamberlain holds the most points scored in a game.. Heck, even Kobe Bryant has scored 81 points in a previous and that topped Jordan's record of 69 points in the 1989-90 season.. Kareem won more MVP awards (6 times while MJ won 5 times).. and so on..

But its beyond the records.. When MJ left basketball in 1993-94.. he said that he has lost the will to win coz the NBA did not give him the challenges that he craves for.. After his 3rd championship against Phoenix he contemplated on leaving the game and the decision was aggravated when James Jordan - his dad - Pops-- was murdered.. The reason as MJ put it.. is the lack of challenges that PhilJax can sum up..

I mentioned this because it was stated in books, that the reason why he returned to the NBA was because he had the challenge back because he wanted to prove to the world that he is not a washed out athlete.. they say that he can not duplicate the heroics he did during his prime.. and baseball destroyed his ego.. So he returned.. lost to the Magic.. and the media won all over him.. saying that he is not the same MJ who left the game 18 mos. ago.. but this just fueled his hunger.. and because of that hunger he won three more championships in the process.. How melodramatic can you get? Stuff that only teleseryes are capable of bringing.. After that playoff loss to Orlanodo.. the Bulls won more games than anyone 72-10 led by whom? Jordan..

His flair for the dramatic.. and game winning situations fueled a lot of imaginations.. and made him the best athlete ever (arguably) by most critics and the people.. By far, the most known athlete the world has ever known.. KT (kanto-terrorist) said that Jordan is basketball and boxing is Ali.. Ali is not the most decorated boksingero.. But he is considered as the greatest because he had the flair for the dramatic and how he dominated boxing during his prime.. The same with Jordan.. He might not be the most decorated but he had the most impact.. I still remember the story of his last game as a Bull.. he had a flu and was sick.. but he played that game like hell.. even draining that shot against Russel and look at God making him look great.. scoring 45 points in his last game.. the number coincided with his Jersey no. when he came back.. God was on his side? I would say yes.. God made his exit more dramatic than anyone else in the league.. or in any sport for that matter.. Ginusto ba ni Jordan na mag-score ng 45 points in that game.. Haha!! Nagkataon lang.. but that made the climax worth watching over and over again..

But the awards are there because he has hold records of his own as well:

Ito: Entering 2002-03, ranked first in NBA history in scoring average (31.0 ppg), second in steals (2,391), fourth in points (30,652) and in field-goals made (11,513), fifth in free-throws made (7,061), sixth in field-goals attempted (23,010) and eighth in free-throws attempted (8,448)

Arguably his return trip as a Wizard was not successful.. his drafting of Kwame Brown out of HS.. etc. But those mistakes as a lot of people would say never dampened the myth and the legend that is Jordan because Jordan has achieved what no one could ever do: globalization.. No one would remember his mistakes as a Wizard.. Jordan will always be remembered as a six-time champion.. actually more than that.. he will be remembered as the one who carried the torch of basketball to heights that even he never dared dreamt of..

Edited by revi
Yup. I agree.. Bill Russel won more championships than Jordan ever did.. Kareem played more games.. and I would say won more games.. Wilt Chamberlain holds the most points scored in a game.. Heck, even Kobe Bryant has scored 81 points in a previous and that topped Jordan's record of 69 points in the 1989-90 season.. Kareem won more MVP awards (6 times while MJ won 5 times).. and so on..

But its beyond the records.. When MJ left basketball in 1993-94.. he said that he has lost the will to win coz the NBA did not give him the challenges that he craves for.. After his 3rd championship against Phoenix he contemplated on leaving the game and the decision was aggravated when James Jordan - his dad - Pops-- was murdered.. The reason as MJ put it.. is the lack of challenges that PhilJax can sum up..

I mentioned this because it was stated in books, that the reason why he returned to the NBA was because he had the challenge back because he wanted to prove to the world that he is not a washed out athlete.. they say that he can not duplicate the heroics he did during his prime.. and baseball destroyed his ego.. So he returned.. lost to the Magic.. and the media won all over him.. saying that he is not the same MJ who left the game 18 mos. ago.. but this just fueled his hunger.. and because of that hunger he won three more championships in the process.. How melodramatic can you get?  Stuff that only teleseryes are capable of bringing.. After that playoff loss to Orlanodo.. the Bulls won more games than anyone 72-10 led by whom? Jordan..

His flair for the dramatic.. and game winning situations fueled a lot of imaginations.. and made him the best athlete ever (arguably) by most critics and the people.. By far, the most known athlete the world has ever known.. KT (kanto-terrorist) said that Jordan is basketball and boxing is Ali.. Ali is not the most decorated boksingero.. But he is considered as the greatest because he had the flair for the dramatic and how he dominated boxing during his prime.. The same with Jordan.. He might not be the most decorated but he had the most impact.. I still remember the story of his last game as a Bull.. he had a flu and was sick.. but he played that game like hell.. even draining that shot against Russel and look at God making him look great.. scoring 45 points in his last game.. the number coincided with his Jersey no. when he came back.. God was on his side? I would say yes.. God made his exit more dramatic than anyone else in the league.. or in any sport for that matter.. Ginusto ba ni Jordan na mag-score ng 45 points in that game.. Haha!! Nagkataon lang.. but that made the climax worth watching over and over again..

But the awards are there because he has hold records of his own as well:

Ito:  Entering 2002-03, ranked first in NBA history in scoring average (31.0 ppg), second in steals (2,391), fourth in points (30,652) and in field-goals made (11,513), fifth in free-throws made (7,061), sixth in field-goals attempted (23,010) and eighth in free-throws attempted (8,448)

Arguably his return trip as a Wizard was not successful.. his drafting of Kwame Brown out of HS.. etc.  But those mistakes as a lot of people would say never dampened the myth and the legend that is Jordan because Jordan has achieved what no one could ever do: globalization.. No one would remember his mistakes as a Wizard.. Jordan will always be remembered as a six-time champion.. actually more than that.. he will be remembered as the one who carried the torch of basketball to heights that even he never dared dreamt of..

Exactly what I always wanted to say..........tinatamad lang talaga ko magtype e :lol:

Anyway, I strongly believe that those are just one of the few thoughts one can consider why Jordan is the best. Furthermore, the best way I can explain why MJ is the best is that his wholeness has this sensation to everyone that words can never express.......

Ill add lang dun sa sinabi ni Kanto-terrorist.

Hindi stats ang question ko, yung competition nung nanalo sya.

---Greatest na ba para sa inyo ang kalaban eh Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, Aging Lakers, Seattle Supersonics?

---Naging dehado ba si Jordan nung early 90s?( Siya inasahan manalo kasi mga inferior nakuha nya match-up)

---Karamihan mga bumantay kay Jordan nung 90s eh sila Bryon Russell, Jeff Hornacek, John Starks, Craig Ehlo, Danny Ainge, Charlie Ward.......etc(Yan time na yan naging great si Jordan)

---Greatest ba yung last final apperance nya eh ang bumantay sila Hornacek and Bryon Russell?( Kung sa boxing dehado dehado dalawa na yan)

---Greatest ba yung konti hawak lang kay jordan eh foul agad. Masyado ba na-baby si Jordan ng mga tawag ng referee?(Bakit nung early 90s lalo na nung sumikat si jordan eh konti hawak lng tatawag agad yung referee ng foul pero nung 80s naman kahit yakapin ka na nga ang tagal pa tumawag ng foul) (Pero nung tinulak nya si Bryon Russell wla naman offensive foul tinawag)

----Nagchampion ba si Jordan na sya ang dehado(Never kasi hindi sya nagchampion nung 80s, Nagchampion sya nung 90s na hindi na sya dehado)

If ever sana kung nagchampion si Jordan na Grabe yung defense eh pede Greatest player pero hindi na nga grabe mga bumantay kay jordan nung time na nagchampion sya. binebaby pa ng referee yung mga tawag. (Ayaw ba ni David Stern Mainjured si Jordan para hindi masira yung sales?)

Parang takot yung mga referee nung time ni jordan kaya tawag agad ng foul. Bawal ba masaktan si Jordan?

Pero hindi ko nakita na hinayaan ng NBA nung 90s na defensahan si jordan kagaya nung gingawa nung 80s basketball. Wala ako nakita FIERST COMPETITION.

Isang beses ko lang nakita na meron match si jordan ng Finals, sa portland trailblazers. Drexler and Cliff Robinson Bumantay kay Jordan. The rest na nakalaban nya sa finals eh ewan ko na sino ka match nya dun.

Yung sa jazz tlga pag naalala ko mismatch na mismatch. jordan vs bryon russell, jordan vs hornacek.

Edited by edc

---Greatest na ba para sa inyo ang  kalaban eh Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, Aging Lakers, Seattle Supersonics?

---Naging dehado ba si Jordan nung early 90s?( Siya inasahan manalo kasi mga inferior nakuha nya match-up)

---Karamihan mga bumantay kay Jordan nung 90s eh sila Bryon Russell, Jeff Hornacek, John Starks, Craig Ehlo, Danny Ainge, Charlie Ward.......etc(Yan time na yan naging great si Jordan)

---Greatest ba yung last final apperance nya eh ang bumantay sila Hornacek and Bryon Russell?( Kung sa boxing dehado dehado dalawa na yan)

---Greatest ba yung konti hawak lang kay jordan  eh foul agad. Masyado ba na-baby si Jordan ng mga tawag ng referee?(Bakit nung early 90s lalo na nung sumikat si jordan eh konti hawak lng  tatawag agad yung referee ng foul pero nung 80s naman kahit yakapin ka na nga ang tagal pa tumawag ng foul) (Pero nung tinulak nya si Bryon Russell wla naman offensive foul tinawag)

----Nagchampion ba si Jordan na sya ang dehado(Never kasi hindi sya nagchampion nung 80s, Nagchampion sya nung 90s na hindi na sya dehado)

If ever sana kung nagchampion si Jordan na Grabe yung defense eh pede Greatest player pero hindi na nga grabe mga bumantay kay jordan nung time na nagchampion sya. binebaby pa ng referee yung mga tawag. (Ayaw ba ni David Stern Mainjured si Jordan para hindi masira yung sales?)

Parang takot yung mga referee nung time ni jordan kaya tawag agad ng foul. Bawal ba masaktan si Jordan?

Pero hindi ko nakita na hinayaan ng NBA nung 90s na defensahan si jordan kagaya nung gingawa nung 80s basketball. Wala ako nakita FIERST COMPETITION.

Isang beses ko lang nakita na meron match si jordan ng Finals, sa portland trailblazers. Drexler and Cliff Robinson Bumantay kay Jordan. The rest na nakalaban nya sa finals eh ewan ko na sino ka match nya dun.

Yung sa jazz tlga pag naalala ko mismatch na mismatch. jordan vs bryon russell, jordan vs hornacek.

Ok, kung para syo hindi si Jordan ang greatest player...........Sino???

But in the basketball shoes thread we both like to buy Jordan shoes.. This just shows how influential Jordan is to a lot of folks..  :thumbsupsmiley:

Oo kahit ako gusto ko mga jordan shoes. Pero yung jordan shoes na maganda ang design.

Kasi marami jordan na hindi maganda ang design pero marami pa rin ang may gusto dahil idol nila si Jordan.

Yung College shoes ni Jordan na Converse ang nagcocollect nun eh yung makajordan tlga hindi dahil sa ganda.

Kasi imagine ko kung si jordan ang minodel yung mga converse kahit ano sikat pa nun hindi ako bibili nun.

So nagkataon lng na sikat si Jordan at Magagaling mga Designers ng Nike.

Looking Back kung hindi si Jordan model ng nike pero meron mga Airsole at maganda design yung shoes nila eh bibili pa rin ako.

Ang difference lng MAS Sumikat Globally yung mga nike nung si jordan nagmodel.

Question lang magcocollect ba kayo ng jordan pag ang design eh reebok and converse ang dating? :D

Edited by edc
Ok, kung para syo hindi si Jordan ang greatest player...........Sino???

Kaya nga hindi ko na sinali ksi magrereklamo mga posters dito ksi jordan thread ito. So yan lang mga arguments ko kung greatest player tlaga si Jordan.

Ist the competition nakuha nya nung nagchampion sya

2nd para yung mga tawag ng referee masyado pabor kay jordan. Wala ako nakita nagfoul kay jordan nung 90s na kagaya nung 80s. (Lalo na nung nagchampion sya Konti tapik lng foul na agad )

3rd hindi ko na iisahin pero imaginin nyo na lng ang babantay kay jordan sa finals eh sila hornacek and bryon russell. (Sa boxing parang Oscar de la hoya vs an Amateur Boxer)

Edited by edc
Oo kahit ako gusto ko mga jordan shoes. Pero yung jordan shoes na maganda ang design.

Kasi marami jordan na hindi maganda ang design pero marami pa rin ang may gusto dahil idol nila si Jordan.

Yung College shoes ni Jordan na Converse ang nagcocollect nun eh yung makajordan tlga hindi dahil sa ganda.

Kasi imagine ko kung si jordan ang minodel yung mga converse kahit ano sikat pa nun hindi ako bibili nun.

So nagkataon lng na sikat si Jordan at Magagaling mga Designers ng Nike.

Looking Back kung hindi si Jordan model ng nike pero meron mga Airsole at maganda design yung shoes nila eh bibili pa rin ako.

Ang difference lng MAS Sumikat Globally yung mga nike nung si jordan nagmodel.

Question lang magcocollect ba kayo ng jordan pag ang design eh reebok and converse ang dating? :D

Oo magcocollect parin ako. Actually, I don't care about the design of the kicks as long as it's JB.

Kaya nga hindi ko na sinali  ksi magrereklamo mga posters dito  ksi jordan thread ito. So yan lang mga arguments ko kung greatest player tlaga si Jordan.

Ist the competition nakuha nya nung nagchampion sya

2nd para yung mga tawag ng referee masyado pabor kay jordan. Wala ako nakita nagfoul kay jordan nung 90s na kagaya nung 80s. (Lalo na nung nagchampion sya Konti tapik lng foul na agad )

3rd hindi ko na iisahin pero imaginin nyo na lng ang babantay kay jordan sa finals  eh sila hornacek and bryon russell. (Sa boxing parang Oscar de la hoya vs an Amateur Boxer)

Kung hindi si Jordan ang greatest player..............sino??? Bkt di mo masagot tanong ko???

Kahit sabihin mo dito kung sino greatest player pra syo, related prin k Jordan to. Why can't you be firm on what you believe in???? You havin' doubts on yo "BOY"??? Who's your greatest basketball player????

---Greatest na ba para sa inyo ang  kalaban eh Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, Aging Lakers, Seattle Supersonics?

---Greatest ba yung konti hawak lang kay jordan  eh foul agad. Masyado ba na-baby si Jordan ng mga tawag ng referee?(Bakit nung early 90s lalo na nung sumikat si jordan eh konti hawak lng  tatawag agad yung referee ng foul pero nung 80s naman kahit yakapin ka na nga ang tagal pa tumawag ng foul) (Pero nung tinulak nya si Bryon Russell wla naman offensive foul tinawag)

u fail to mention the thug toughie detroit pistons whose on the verge of making their 3rd straight championship. nung nalampasan ni michael yun parang dumaan na rin sya ng impyerno na nagkataon nasa basketbal court ang setting. u also fail to mention gary payton and hersey hawkins (both still at the peak of their prime) of the sonics, who guard, defend and hack MJ but still he and the bulls won.(that's a heartbreaker for me, maka-shawn kemp ako nun eh :cry: ) then nung east conference finals between bulls and ur beloved pacers....game seven. tough as hell. and that's the best indiana team i ever saw, i root for them kasi sawa na kong lagi na lang si MJ ang nananalo. damn MJ. he had broke a lot of determined hearts. about utah, the bulls problem against the jazz is definitely not the defense of the jazz but their offense. that dreaded stockton to malone plays itself is tough to decipher. yet ur right, no one in their line up can defensively challenge his airness. how u wish ron artest was born earlier to be MJ's nemesis.

Edited by kanto-terrorist
u fail to mention the thug toughie detroit pistons whose on the verge of making their 3rd straight championship. nung nalampasan ni michael yun parang dumaan na rin sya ng impyerno na nagkataon nasa basketbal court ang setting.  u also fail to mention gary payton and hersey hawkins (both still at the peak of their prime)  of the sonics, who guard, defend and hack MJ but still he and the bulls won.(that's a heartbreaker for me, maka-shawn kemp ako nun eh :cry: ) then nung east conference finals between bulls and ur beloved pacers....game seven. tough as hell. and that's the best indiana team i ever saw, i root for them kasi sawa na kong lagi na lang si MJ ang nananalo.  damn MJ. he had broke a lot of determined hearts. about utah, the bulls problem against the jazz is definitely not the defense of the jazz but their offense. that dreaded stockton to malone plays itself is tough to decipher. yet ur right, no one in their line up can defensively challenge his airness. how u wish ron artest was born earlier to be MJ's nemesis.

Yup. The "Jordan Rules" coaching style that was developed by Panchito.. ay, Chuck Daly pala.. Saan ka nakakita ng isang coach na ang defensive strategy ay to stop only one player in a team.. Chuck Daly did not care if Pippen had the ball.. it was Jordan who was his main concern.. Ayaw niyang ni-pahakan ng bola si MJ.. Why? Coz he was the catalyst of the Bulls' offense.. Kung sirain mo ang catalyst.. sira na rin ang buong team.. So they pushed him.. shoved him by all means.. Meron pang foul na i-ha-hack pa siya nina Laimbeer or Rodman..

With the New York Knicks.. the same strategy was applied.. frustrate Jordan.. kahit na masira na ang opensa ng buong Knicks basta do not let Jordan rule the court.. I-focus ang depensa kay Jordan.. Ang tanong ko.. Kay Bird ba or kay Magic nagkaroon ng Bird Rules or Magic Rules.. Parang wala.. Opponents never just clamped down on one man during Bird's and Magic's tenure in LA at Boston.. but when they are in Chicago.. the whole team wanted to clamp their defense on one man --- si Jordan..

A lot of times, may isang tao na ang particular goal lang ay to stop Jordan.. kahit hindi ka na maka-score basta stop Jordan by all means.. These tasks were given to John Starks, Gary Payton, Nick Anderson, Hersey Hawkins, Jeff Malone, Xavier McDaniel, etc. Tapos rotation pa.. yung tipong iba-iba ang babantay sa kaniya.. All coaches are primed to stop only one man wearing a Bulls uni.. si Jordan yun..

When Rodman joined the Bulls.. they were virtually unstoppable.. Kukoc, Pippen, Jordan, Harper, Rodman formed the best team in the world.. winning 72 games out of 82.. I do believe that this team can defeat any other team in the NBA in any f#&king era.. Strong words ba mga bro? But that achievement is very hard to duplicate.. Considering that the Bulls at that time were one of the oldest teams in the league.. but they dismantled all opponents and won a lot of games convincingly.. Yeah sure.. the Celtics had their own share of glorious moments.. the Magic/Kareem Lakers, the Ben Wallace- or even the Chuck Daly coached-Pistons, Trailblazers (Walton era).. the Olajuwon led Rockets.. the Duncan led Spurs.. and even the combo KB8 & Shaq-led Lakers.. That 72 wins will be very hard to accomplish.. Why? Because of Jordan's leadership and heart.. yun ang main ingredient ng rekado ng Bulls.. Jordan provided for the anghang, kumbaga the taste.. the flavor.. that made that rekado a winner and eventually win the hearts of a lot of NBA fans worldwide..

haahaha! asking edc who is the greatest basketball player ever? pinatawa mo ko dun ah. :boo: either ur joking or u r born yesterday...

...kailangan pa bang i memorize yan?  nice 1 ghetto

Sino nga ba? Basta ako si Duncan favorite player ko.. Si Ghetto.. si Iverson.. But I would never consider Duncan as the greatest ever.. Sabihin na natin na arguably si Duncan (daw) ang most talented big man to ever grace the NBA.. sabihin na natin he is Mr. Fundamentals.. sabihin ko na nababakla ako sa kaniya.. But c'mon he can not duplicate the heart and charisma of MJ.. Yung mga moments na kahit ayaw mo sa kaniya ay mabibigyan ka ng shivers..

Yknow edc, your fave player is your fave player.. Kahit ilang beses mo ipaglaban na si Bird ang the best for you.. Bird did not accomplish what Jordan did.. globalization.. Because of TV, radio and marketing? Dahil sa media you say? Bird also had the coverage.. Magic also had the coverage.. especially during the late 80's.. But Jordan was picked amongst the two and Barkley, etc. to be the mareting "arm" of a lot of companies, which includes the NBA.. Bakit kaya? Hindi kaya dahil hearstopping ang moves niya, may charisma siya, may flair for the dramatic, may talent, may puso, may charm?.. complete package? Kaya ayun.. biglang Ka-boom.. GLOBALIZATION..

Baka sabihin mo ayaw lang ni Bird na mag-model dahil hindi siya mahilig sa ganun.. or dahil hindi siya matakaw sa pera.. Sabihin na nating hindi mahilig si Bird sa mga ganito kahit bayaran pa ng malaki.. Kaso hindi kaya takot lang siya at wala siyang confidence sa kaniyang charm? Baka dito duwag ang idol mo? So hindi niya kakayanin ang ipapatong na responsibility sa kaniya ng media, ng marketing which is to globalize basketball.. Therefore, he can not even duplicate what Michael can do? Dahil kulang siya.. Sige, talent meron.. may charisma ba?

----

ANOTHER THING: @edc: I would still collect Jordan shoes kahit napunta pa siya sa Converse and Addidas, Fila or Reebok.. Kasi icon si Jordan.. If I wear his shoes.. I do feel good.. Hindi rin lahat gusto ko.. But I like Jordan that's why I buy his shoes.. The same with Duncan's up and coming shoeline sa Addidas (yung may chip).. 14995 daw ang SRP.. bibilhin ko pa din ito dahil kay Duncan.. kung yung mga kay Iverson, TMac and Garnett, VC magaganda eh.. kaso hindi ko binibili.. Jordan lang dahil si Jordan ay isang haligi ng baksetball.. (at yung Duncan na lalabas).. Kaya gusto ko pati apparel niya.. Punta ka Lifestyle section.. andun iba posts ko..