• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Divorce In The Philippines

• 2 weeks later...
neither..... coz its better to be single than have a ball and chain ....

I totally agree with her...

(that's really my pov regarding marriage)

but seriously, "falling out of love" is such a lame excuse for a divorce.

I could say that Annulment works (as long as you could provide valid reasons as to why you'd want to have your marriage annulled --- but it's just so dang expensive!). Anyway, you'd only want to have your marriage annulled if a.) there's an issue with properties or wealth, b.) you wanna get married again or c.)your ugly half has issues and you don't want your kids (or yourself) seeing him or her

but of course, I could be wrong :rolleyes:

Edited by thegiftedwitch
  • 5 months later...
no. as much as there's unhappy marriages around, fact is marriage is still the fabric of the family, which is society's pillars. make that weak and society becomes weak as a whole.

f#&k THAT ANALOGY.

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS: THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF COUPLES THAT LIVE TOGETHER ONLY BECAUSE THERE IS NO DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES.

THERE ARE EVEN MORE THAT ARE SEPARATED AND COULD NOT GET MARRIED TO THEIR CHOICE OF A PARTNER BECAUSE OF THE ABSENCE OF DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES.

FOR THEM, LIFE IS A COMPLICATED THING.

AND WHY CAN'T WE HAVE DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES? BECAUSE THE CHURCH MEDDLES IN STATE AFFAIRS.

BUT LOOK AT THE CHURCH THESE DAYS. HOW MANY SCANDALS HAVE ROCKED THEM GLOBALLY? SEXUAL SCANDALS THAT IS. IN THE UNITED STATES ALONE, HOW MUCH IS THE CHURCH PAYING TO KEEP COMPLAINTS OUT OF COURT?

WE CAN HAVE A MORE HAPPY SOCIETY IF COUPLES THAT HAVE DECIDED TO SEPARATE CAN REMARRY THEIR CHOICE OF A PARTNER.

walayan uso na nga live-in then hiwalay kung kelan gusto di ba.. sakit lang ng ulo yang kasal and then pag ginustong maghiwalay ang dami pang kotseburetse.. doivorce sa states lang pde yan

Other countries that still do not allow divorce include Malta and the Philippines. Puwede yan kahit na anong bansa except these two.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6523667/ - Chile allowed it in 2004. :)

previous poster has no concept of divorce. Whoever said that it is cheap and easy never went through divorce. i haven't coz I'm not married but i am close to someone who is a divorce lawyer.

nagtataka nga ako why muslims have divorce eh puwede sila mag-marry up to 4 wives. Sa Christians, 1 wife lang wala pang divorce.. makes you think di ba? tapos 2 countries na lang pala walang divorce. Does it make those two countries special?

in laymans term divorce is the easiest way to get out in a failed marriage...while annulment is more rigid and costly...

why need a divorce if there is annulment which i think in has the same concept and effect...

do we like filipinos na ang kontrata ng kasal para na lang simpleng kontrata which we can rescind anytime we want...

theres nothin special in the two countries where it dont have a divorce it just simply means the state respect the sanctity of marriage as an inviolable sociaL INSTITUTION...

it is not just im against in it...ill just find it unreasonable to sign a contract of marriage which like just a simple contract...

we do have the luxury of knowing who we want to be with for the rest of my life and if we fail dont just passed the blame to state for not having a law on divorce...in the first we place the state did not force you to sign the contract of marriage...it is we who decide on that matter...and if what we expect did not happen accept the consequences of it...