Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Help please.

I bought a new internal modem (with fax). The installation went well, but while I can connect to the internet, I can't access any browser (so no internet access really). I get error messages on IE6, Firefox 2, and Netscape 7.1. It can't be the modem, since its fax function works. And I do make the connection to the net, as indicated by the computer. I just can't open any browser. I've been spending so much time in Control Panel trying to fix this problem, but nothing that I've done so far (using Windows troubleshooting) has worked. Any suggestions? Maybe someone can clue me in, first of all, on the cause of the problem. I just can't figure this thing out. Thanks.

Help please.

I bought a new internal modem (with fax). The installation went well, but while I can connect to the internet, I can't access any browser (so no internet access really). I get error messages on IE6, Firefox 2, and Netscape 7.1. It can't be the modem, since its fax function works. And I do make the connection to the net, as indicated by the computer. I just can't open any browser. I've been spending so much time in Control Panel trying to fix this problem, but nothing that I've done so far (using Windows troubleshooting) has worked. Any suggestions? Maybe someone can clue me in, first of all, on the cause of the problem. I just can't figure this thing out. Thanks.

Maybe you need to configure the DNS entries, ip address of your internet serive provider on your computer before you can access the internet. Most ISP's require that. Call your internet service provider and ask...Hope that helps

Edited by uno1234
Maybe you need to configure the DNS entries, ip address of your internet serive provider on your computer before you can access the internet. Most ISP's require that. Call your internet service provider and ask...Hope that helps

Thanks. I contacted the ISP. I was told that all the settings should be in auto. I took that to mean that the IP address should be server-provided. But they did give me a proxy address and a port number. Same story. If anything's wrong with the computer and/or the modem or even the settings in Internet options, Windows diagnostics don't say. I simply can't figure out why I can connect to the Internet but can't open any browser. I seem to be fighting a losing battle on this one.

Edited by jt2003
Thanks. I contacted the ISP. I was told that all the settings should be in auto. I took that to mean that the IP address should be server-provided. But they did give me a proxy address and a port number. Same story. If anything's wrong with the computer and/or the modem or even the settings in Internet options, Windows diagnostics don't say. I simply can't figure out why I can connect to the Internet but can't open any browser. I seem to be fighting a losing battle on this one.

try a different browser like mozilla and see...

i hope this helps :)

gud day, bros! im a bit confused my pc....

after ko nainstall ung codecfor divx, dapt kaya ng mga media players installed n makabasa ng avi/divx formats right?

kaso unknown format pa rin ang nangyari... so decided to download a divx player software n lang and install it...

ayun nabasa na... ang problema ko ngayon, nagrestart ung pc ko once mag play na ako ng mga videos....

is it s memory ng PC ko? or s video card na? or maybe dun s codec n nainstall ko?

hindi ko alam ung uunahin ko e....

thnks in advance!

Im am currently using a Epson C90 printer with CISS setup.

about one month ko n rin gamit ito. lately, nagkaproblema ako....

nagpbabara ung mga nozzle heads nya.. good thing meron cleaning solution dito...

will the cleaning solutions affect the printer heads?

ganito b talaga pag compatible inks lang ang gamit mo?

cant open a browser or when you open a browser wala ka lang ma-browse? there is a difference

anyhoo try doing command-line muna. open the command line tapos do your typical stuff... ping google for example... or rather this is what i would do

check ipconfig and see if your isp has assigned you an IP... minsan kahit na nakaconnect ka na... di maganda pag service ng connection mo by the isp. sometimes a re-connect helps. if wala contact your isp kung bakit kahit naka dhcp ka na sa ip settings mo hindi ka pa rin makakuha from them ng isp assigned ip address

if my ip address (and of course the DNS) then try pinging different websites. if pasok then its probably something with the browser. baka naka-set to "offline". minsan kasi pag walang connection prior to opening a browser, the browser automatically sets itself in offline mode. just check if your browser is naka offline. if it is eh di gawin mo ulit active. if active naman and still doesnt work... you may have a virus... or try clearing your cache and other stuff... close the browser. reopen and refresh. hey it sometimes works.

another possibility is a downed DNS server from the ISP or your if you have a misconfigured firewall. kung alam mo yung public IP ng for example google, try putting googles ip address instead of the domain name sa browser and see if it works. if it does DNS prob most likely. you can bypass this sa "hosts" file mo sa windows... or ask your isp paano gawan ng workaround sa dns. or if they have other dns addresses available.

kung concern mo is hardware... remove your daned modem and stick it in a diff pc. not the internet card. internet card kahit saang comp gagana talaga yun noh. ayun remove the modem stick it somewhere else and go test. if it works, in all likelihood software related yung prob mo sa pc mo and not hardware.

gud day, bros! im a bit confused my pc....

after ko nainstall ung codecfor divx, dapt kaya ng mga media players installed n makabasa ng avi/divx formats right?

kaso unknown format pa rin ang nangyari... so decided to download a divx player software n lang and install it...

ayun nabasa na... ang problema ko ngayon, nagrestart ung pc ko once mag play na ako ng mga videos....

is it s memory ng PC ko? or s video card na? or maybe dun s codec n nainstall ko?

hindi ko alam ung uunahin ko e....

thnks in advance!

log in as admin in safe mode. uninstall. clean your registry. login normally. reinstall. its most likely a software problem.

Help please.

dial-up ISPs now use DHCP so you don't have to configure anything sa network properties or sa browser. and since you have been using several browsers already with same results, it could be the following:

a) your windows firewall blocks outgoing connections

B) your administrative control settings.

sirs may prob po ako...im trying to reformat my laptop...kaya lang po hindi po gumagana ung Esc key kaya...hindi ko po magawang i clean install...nagrerepair lang pwede ko option pero hindi po nwawala ung prob ng laptop e....

ang original prob po kasi is pagnagiinstall ako ng mga program....bigla po nawawala ung dialog box after 3-5 sec...kya di matapos ung install....help po...anu po pwde ko gawin?

sirs may prob po ako...im trying to reformat my laptop...kaya lang po hindi po gumagana ung Esc key kaya...hindi ko po magawang i clean install...nagrerepair lang pwede ko option pero hindi po nwawala ung prob ng laptop e....

ang original prob po kasi is pagnagiinstall ako ng mga program....bigla po nawawala ung dialog box after 3-5 sec...kya di matapos ung install....help po...anu po pwde ko gawin?

do you mean that the esc key presses itself automatically?

one option i can think of is use an external USB keyboard. it sorts of overrides the function of the laptop keyboard.

here's an odd problem:

the pwm controller went bust w/o breaking the fuse.

what gives? high in-rush?

are you talking about the PWM bro?

technically kasi, the PWM temp is the CPU temp. so baka nasunog o nag-overheat, not due to electrical surge, but due to the temperature, so the fuse is intact.

Im am currently using a Epson C90 printer with CISS setup.

about one month ko n rin gamit ito. lately, nagkaproblema ako....

nagpbabara ung mga nozzle heads nya.. good thing meron cleaning solution dito...

will the cleaning solutions affect the printer heads?

ganito b talaga pag compatible inks lang ang gamit mo?

most likely the compatible ink that you are using is thicker than the original recommended or OEM ink by EPSON. The cleaning solution will not affect the printer head imho, but the pagbabara will.

most likely the compatible ink that you are using is thicker than the original recommended or OEM ink by EPSON. The cleaning solution will not affect the printer head imho, but the pagbabara will.

thanks...

mahirap talaga gumamit ng mga alternative inks.... :(

the cheaper the inks, the higher the maintenance...

ummm.....i think Esc is not working..i pressed it so many times...still doesn't work.

sir webmaster_ph...sorry but what what exactly is an airbrush??

sir google... i'm considering it but do you think there's a good quality usb keyboard with affordable price....i'm quite short with my budget right now...where can i buy one?

thanks!