Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Guest Leviticus
how do i crimp a cable for use in a network?

straight-through or twisted?

do you recommend the use of patch panels?

http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Howto/network/cable/cable8.htm

better go with twisted. patch panels? exactly how many stations are you planning on putting up? kapag umabot ka na ng above 24 then it's time to put up a server cabinet.

sa bagay.. maayos tignan ang may patch panel para hindi madapa dapa sa mga exposed cat-5 wire sa mga cubicles/computer stations

Guest Leviticus
afaik, twisted is used for peer-to-peer. tama ba?

cross-wire ang tamang term (different from twisted). it enables you to connect to another computer without using a hub

Edited by Leviticus

^ sad but true, bro. especially inks from cdr-king (ink-king). i've been a user of inkjet printers (mostly epson) for over 15yrs now, and one of the best tips i got from my suki in a refilling station is to alternate between original & 3rd-party inks. and on those instances that 3rd-party inks are installed, be sure to print regularly--ie, at least once a day--until all the ink is used up.

i can't seem to send files through ir link.

but the system detects the phone. :(

let me guess...

your phone is either a motorola or an old nokia? and the file that you are sending is a jpg file? napuputol sya sa kalagitnaan? :)

if not, what IR are you using? a USB connected IR on a desktop? or an IR integrated into a laptop?

let me guess...

your phone is either a motorola or an old nokia? and the file that you are sending is a jpg file? napuputol sya sa kalagitnaan? smile.gif

if not, what IR are you using? a USB connected IR on a desktop? or an IR integrated into a laptop?

its a nokia 6070 and yes i'm trying to retrieve an image file.

am using cdr-king irda (usb).

HELP! How do I know the Driver for my motherboard-sound (multimedia audio controller) without opening the Case? I just reinstalled Win XP (SP3) to my PC and there's no sound. I don't have the original CDs' and manual that came with the PC. Matagal na rin kasi e.

Hi guys I just bought a sony vaio VCR NR17G. I'm a gamer and I love playing games on my laptop, what can I do to make my laptop faster? Kasi ang bagal, it's not so mabagal pero it's not as fast as my PC? The specs are:

Intel CORE 2 DUO Processor T5450 (1.66 GHZ

HDD IS 120 GB

Windows Vista Home Premium

RAM or memory is 1 gb

so how and what do I need to do now? I was told I need to get a new ram a bigger one but then I dont know how to put it in my laptop and I so dont want to mess my laptop up kasi naman bagong bago!

HELP!

Hi guys I just bought a sony vaio VCR NR17G. I'm a gamer and I love playing games on my laptop, what can I do to make my laptop faster? Kasi ang bagal, it's not so mabagal pero it's not as fast as my PC? The specs are:

Intel CORE 2 DUO Processor T5450 (1.66 GHZ

HDD IS 120 GB

Windows Vista Home Premium

RAM or memory is 1 gb

so how and what do I need to do now? I was told I need to get a new ram a bigger one but then I dont know how to put it in my laptop and I so dont want to mess my laptop up kasi naman bagong bago!

HELP!

remove your vista first, install XP pro, or older. reasons? VISTA needs alot of upgrading. the drivers are not yet fully furnished. so you'd best to do with an older version. but if you're one that would just want to join in with the VISTA hype, then enjoy.

your current specs, can run so good right now, even for live musical performance. with 2 surface controllers. and running on vst, and full sets of orchestral strings. that's 4 sets of strings on each section.

if you're using it for typing documents or cad files, you have more than enough.

VISTA lang talaga ang palpak dyan.