Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

HELP! How do I know the Driver for my motherboard-sound (multimedia audio controller) without opening the Case? I just reinstalled Win XP (SP3) to my PC and there's no sound. I don't have the original CDs' and manual that came with the PC. Matagal na rin kasi e.

SP3? wala pa yata nun pare unless youre a beta tester ng MS or na download mo recently sa mga pirating sites. i-release pa lang nila yung final SP3. anyhoo... alam mo ba model ng mobo mo? just download it sa website ng manufacturer ng mobo. or try running yung look for online drivers when prompted. sometimes it works lalo na pag generic onboard sound an gamit ng mobo such as cmedia or that other one i keep forgetting.

Hi guys I just bought a sony vaio VCR NR17G. I'm a gamer and I love playing games on my laptop, what can I do to make my laptop faster? Kasi ang bagal, it's not so mabagal pero it's not as fast as my PC? The specs are:

Intel CORE 2 DUO Processor T5450 (1.66 GHZ

HDD IS 120 GB

Windows Vista Home Premium

RAM or memory is 1 gb

so how and what do I need to do now? I was told I need to get a new ram a bigger one but then I dont know how to put it in my laptop and I so dont want to mess my laptop up kasi naman bagong bago!

HELP!

oh okay.. pati sa games alot better yung xp for that?

yup 2GB for using vista to get the full experience. as to the memory, para sigurado bring it to any comp shops na may tech support that sell laptops. PC Express is a start. usually for laptops there are two slots for memory. kung 1 stick of 1 GB, no prob. you just buy an extra stick of 1GB. problema baka ginawa nila with your sony is 2 sticks of 512MB. now youd have to remove that and swap it with a stick of 2GB of 2 sticks of 1GB. the choice is yours. personally id swap it with 2 sticks of 1GB as it may turn out cheaper especially for notebooks. i dont think naman na in the future youd be increasing your memory. most likely by then youd be replacing your laptop instead.

hope that helps :)

wow, vista is a hog :D

what are the minimum requirements?

yes a hog. it tends to eat all that memory up but then allocates it naman to programs din. weird nga eh. kakainin nya muna before i-distribute. as much a memory hog it is, it runs programs naman remarkably well. pero if pure performance ka lang with the current crop of programs, i-XP mo na yan pre :thumbsupsmiley:

yup 2GB for using vista to get the full experience. as to the memory, para sigurado bring it to any comp shops na may tech support that sell laptops. PC Express is a start. usually for laptops there are two slots for memory. kung 1 stick of 1 GB, no prob. you just buy an extra stick of 1GB. problema baka ginawa nila with your sony is 2 sticks of 512MB. now youd have to remove that and swap it with a stick of 2GB of 2 sticks of 1GB. the choice is yours. personally id swap it with 2 sticks of 1GB as it may turn out cheaper especially for notebooks. i dont think naman na in the future youd be increasing your memory. most likely by then youd be replacing your laptop instead.

what's the biggest stick around? 4GB?

what sort of performance issues and concerns are there if i can only have 1 GB RAM running Vista and Office 2007? Are there work arounds other than additional RAM? If none how much more RAM do you recommend to avoid the performance issues and concerns? thanks in advance for the advice!

well disable aero and run with the reduced graphical eye candy. limit the services running. limit the programs running. yung sa akin sa PC ko 1GB lang tapos duron lang yung sa akin pero works okay naman with Office 2007. it works fine but just not as snappy. itll rely heavily kasi to virtual memory kaya bumabagal. basta most performance tweaks for XP works with vista rin. so keep vista working like XP. also better if youre not using onboard video. bawas sa memory yun. kung gusto mo wala ka na worries just get 2GB minimum. tapos disable virtual mem (pagefile). itll slow things pag naka-enable. yung virtual mem really more for PCs on with minimum memory.

i meant in the market; not just manila.

ah. sa US easier to get. here dunno. usually kasi 2GB na yung nakikita ko.

HELP! How do I know the Driver for my motherboard-sound (multimedia audio controller) without opening the Case? I just reinstalled Win XP (SP3) to my PC and there's no sound. I don't have the original CDs' and manual that came with the PC. Matagal na rin kasi e.

if the device manager does not clearly state it, then you have no choice, except to open your chassis and look for the exact brand and model of your sound controller.

wow, vista is a hog :D

what are the minimum requirements?

actually, the minimum requirements for Vista is 512 MB, pero hog na nya lahat yan.

my laptop is on Vista but on 1.2 GB RAM, ok naman sya, but i really do not use it for gaming. For gaming, i reserve it at home using my Core Duo with 2GB RAM.

what's the biggest stick around? 4GB?

i have not seen anything bigger here than 1GB.

what sort of performance issues and concerns are there if i can only have 1 GB RAM running Vista and Office 2007? Are there work arounds other than additional RAM? If none how much more RAM do you recommend to avoid the performance issues and concerns? thanks in advance for the advice!

i have tried using Vista and Office 2007 on 1 GB RAM. there are still significant lags, imho. siguro it will improve at around 2 GB RAM.

but workarounds that i did? i reverted back to MS Office 2003 on Vista. much better yung response.

mga bossing, help nmn po. i have a comp shop and i use deep freeze on my computers. da prob is, ngrepair me ng pc ng customer n my virus n spyware, nginstall me ng anti virus sa pc ng customer, ung installer gling sa server n hindi nkadeep freeze kya gnwa ko para di mainfect ung server, kinopya ko ngyn ung installer ng anti virus sa isang unit n nkadeep freeze at dun ko ku2nin ung installer para mainstall ko sa pc ng customer para incase n mainfect ung pc n pgkukunan ko ng antivirus atleast nkadeep freeze. anyways cnbukan ko tanggaling ung virus gmit ung nod32 at avg n anti spyware ayaw pa din mtanggal kya finormat ko. ngyn naeencounter ko ung warning evry time mgbubukas me ng internet. khit saang pc. my mga pop up n lumalabas? nainfect b ko ng virus? pano ko aalisin un? and pano me nainfect kung nkadeepfreeze nmn me. help po asap. tnx.

mga bossing, is there a way to link or stack 3 PC's so they would work as 1 computer? Is there a sit with do-it-yourself steps? thanks po

what is it that you want 3 pc's to do? I don't know what the specs are for the 3 PC's but you could probably build a single machine that will outperform all three.

Think of the power consumption, heat and maintenance that you would have to deal with.

guys ask ko lang, bakit parang ang choppy ng warcraft 3 (dota) sa pc ng pinsan ko lalo na pag nagonline? Pansin ko lang kasi mas mabilis and makinis yung dota sa pc ng friend ko na celeron lang. warcraft 3 doesnt have high requirements naman diba... Eto specs ng pc ng insan ko...

Intel p4 1.8ghz s478

ecs p4vmm2

inno3d fx5200

1gb RAM

I believe above specs is sufficient enough to play dota. Kahit naka lowest settings na sya ganun pa din. Kahit yung sa display properties, nakaselect na yung "High Perfomance" over quality..Help naman kung ano kailangang gawin. YUng sa friend na sinasabi ko mas baba pa specs niya kaysa diyan sa ibabaw.

Note: bagong format lang tong pc all fresh install

Edited by kenji_1989
mga bossing, is there a way to link or stack 3 PC's so they would work as 1 computer? Is there a sit with do-it-yourself steps? thanks po

I really don't understand what you meant by "link" or "stack". I assume you have 3 PC and so I have 3 different answers.

1. If you mean you want to use a single monitor, keyboard and mouse to access the three computers, you just need a KVM.

2. If you mean "link" as in what ever you do in one PC will be replicated in the other PC's, then there are softwares available to do this. If it's just data, then there are replication software available - a feature that's already built-in in some Windows Server versions.

3. If you mean you want to have a process run by two or three computers at the same time (parallel processing?), then you may need to write your own software for it (to some extent, design their own motherboards). Most setups I've seen for said purpose were done by students for their thesis.

At this day and age, there are Dual Core and Quad Core processors, Crossfire setups for video, clustering for data, and so forth, there are less reasons for having multiple PC's to run an application. Unless I know what need it for, I can give you a more definitive answer.

Hope this helps

guys ask ko lang, bakit parang ang choppy ng warcraft 3 (dota) sa pc ng pinsan ko lalo na pag nagonline? Pansin ko lang kasi mas mabilis and makinis yung dota sa pc ng friend ko na celeron lang. warcraft 3 doesnt have high requirements naman diba... Eto specs ng pc ng insan ko...

Intel p4 1.8ghz s478

ecs p4vmm2

inno3d fx5200

1gb RAM

I believe above specs is sufficient enough to play dota. Kahit naka lowest settings na sya ganun pa din. Kahit yung sa display properties, nakaselect na yung "High Perfomance" over quality..Help naman kung ano kailangang gawin. YUng sa friend na sinasabi ko mas baba pa specs niya kaysa diyan sa ibabaw.

Note: bagong format lang tong pc all fresh install

are you running background tasks such as an antivirus programs, etc.? there may be other tasks that's eating your CPU more than foreground application. If you have a lot of items on your notification area (the area where the clock is), then chances are, you have alot of applications running at startup.

there is a tool called TweakNow, that can help you optimize your PC. the link is at http://www.tweaknow.com/.

are you running background tasks such as an antivirus programs, etc.? there may be other tasks that's eating your CPU more than foreground application. If you have a lot of items on your notification area (the area where the clock is), then chances are, you have alot of applications running at startup.

there is a tool called TweakNow, that can help you optimize your PC. the link is at http://www.tweaknow.com/.

none...running program is avg free only. Nothing else