Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Nope, I connected it to the USB port using an external sata to usb cable then reformatted it using windows. (as if it was an external HDD). Then I re inserted the HDD to the original laptop then began the reformatting procedures. Everythign goes fine until the error message I mentioned earlier appears. Its just puzzling why it would start loading then say there's no hard disk when half way thru.

Hmm, no, it was originally installed with Windows XP. I just reformatted it so I could re-install XP.

-------------------------------------

Thanks Maesters but I'm afraid the client has lost faith and took it to someone who repairs for a fee. What's even more puzzling is that they didn't find anything wrong. But they installed a windows Vista Home edition OS.

Let's just let her suffer the sudden slow-down of her Laptop. Her memory was good but the processor isn't fast enough. now, she's complaining that Her laptop is slower than what it was before. Hehehe.

tama yung unang post.. find another xp na na compatible sa hd mo.. meron kasi na may embedded na sata drivers...

Vista Home edition OS kasi is completo na kaya walang problema..

help po, i was visiting panime.net and downloads.com dati po, almost regularly. but then last week d ko na cya ma open both panime.net or downloads.com

i tried using other web browser, ayaw parin. i tried flushing my dns ayaw din i run my antivirus wala namang suspicious or anything. Lastly i tried to open the website computer shop. normal naman yung site. ano po kaya problem ng pc ko? ok naman yung ibang site eh.

help po, i was visiting panime.net and downloads.com dati po, almost regularly. but then last week d ko na cya ma open both panime.net or downloads.com

i tried using other web browser, ayaw parin. i tried flushing my dns ayaw din i run my antivirus wala namang suspicious or anything. Lastly i tried to open the website computer shop. normal naman yung site. ano po kaya problem ng pc ko? ok naman yung ibang site eh.

the site is down for maintenance or firewall restrictions

you can chec byclicking Start-Run type CMD - enter - type ping www.panime.net or ping downloads.com

kung sabi nya timeout then there's a problem

try to remove the cookies in your browser(s). or may try to dl and install ccleaner to clean your pc for junks. this might help.

did you upgrade to IE 8? if you did uninstall it..try running malwarebytes.

• 2 weeks later...
just installed win7, after all the updates my sb xfi extreme souncard had some problems.... the 2 front speakers was the only thing that works instead of 5.1, tried reinstalling all of the drivers but same thing hapens

friendly advise. never upgrade to a newer operating system unless you're very sure it is compatible with your existing hardwares and softwares. wait for a few months or even a year. that was the same cause with vista when it was still in vice days for xp. i guess you had installed the window7 upgrade advisor and passed everything. but you should not always rely on it or what microsoft says. read comments of users in the internet. kaya ako, xp pa rin (i can say it is still the best and most stable out there) with a 7mizer to feel the win7.

just installed win7, after all the updates my sb xfi extreme souncard had some problems.... the 2 front speakers was the only thing that works instead of 5.1, tried reinstalling all of the drivers but same thing hapens

have you tried going into control panel and accessing the Sound configuration tab?

You can test the speakers through there to make sure that all speakers are in fact being detected and is set to 5.1.

If that fails you can always check the Creative Knowledge Base to find the solution to your issue.

http://support.creative.com/kb/?h=6

This is a more productive approach rather than blaming the OS straight away.

Good luck!

have you tried going into control panel and accessing the Sound configuration tab?

You can test the speakers through there to make sure that all speakers are in fact being detected and is set to 5.1.

If that fails you can always check the Creative Knowledge Base to find the solution to your issue.

http://support.creative.com/kb/?h=6

This is a more productive approach rather than blaming the OS straight away.

Good luck!

i feel the same. it seems u missed checking the sound configuration tab in the control panel. that could be the only problem. sometimes, the problem is also in the speakers.

looks like driver incompatibility problem bro... contact the manufacturer for an updated driver for Win7.

mga bro ate may inisntall po ako n laro os ko ay windows 7 d po gumagana pero pag vista po gumagana anu po kya problem nun?

compatibility issue siguro ito.

may two ways akong naisip na baka mag work.

1. try to adjust the game for compatibility mode for xp sp2. right click the short cut and hit properties. check the compatibility tab.

2. try to install xp mode. though ang requirement nya dapat ung hardware mo ready for virtualization.

HTH,

may naka exprerience na sa inyo ng nakakapag ping successfully sa internet

nakakapag teamviewer successfully

pero yung internet explorer 8 and firefox 3.5.5 hindi makapag browse sa internet?

yung desktop pc ng uncle ko ganun

mga 2 weeks na syang ganyan

nag full scan ako ng kaspersky internet security 9

pero alang lumabas

os: legit windows xp professional (di matandaan kung sp2 or sp3)

ang suspect ko is baka na virusan sya ng bagong trojan na virus

ginagamit pa naman sa business ito at nagsisilbing server for quickbooks

any recommendation?

thx

pero yung internet explorer 8 and firefox 3.5.5 hindi makapag browse sa internet?

pero alang lumabas

any recommendation?

thx

try to have it checked for spyware and malwares first and get back to us kung ganun pa din ang problem.

use: spyware terminator for spyware and windows defender for malwares.

pero alang lumabas

any recommendation?

thx

proxy settings?

looks like it's isolated to Browsers.

try telnet www.google.com 80 from command line

if it says connected chances are spyware

if not firewall settings

guys pahelp im having a problem with my pc...

EMAXX EMX-AMD780G-PRO

ang prob d2 parati ngsshutdown ung pc pagumiinit, dati tapatan lng ng electric fan ayus na magsshutdown lng cya pagngbuburn ng video...

btw onboard ung vcard nya pero nilagyan n din nmin ng vacrd n 1gb still ngsshutdown pa din...

nalagyan n din ng termal compund ung sa heatsink no changes pa dn lalo lng lumala.. ngyn magaayos k lng ng cmos ngsshutdown n pagumabot sa 54 degress ung temperature...

HELP nmn po... thnx!

guys pahelp im having a problem with my pc...

EMAXX EMX-AMD780G-PRO

ang prob d2 parati ngsshutdown ung pc pagumiinit, dati tapatan lng ng electric fan ayus na magsshutdown lng cya pagngbuburn ng video...

btw onboard ung vcard nya pero nilagyan n din nmin ng vacrd n 1gb still ngsshutdown pa din...

nalagyan n din ng termal compund ung sa heatsink no changes pa dn lalo lng lumala.. ngyn magaayos k lng ng cmos ngsshutdown n pagumabot sa 54 degress ung temperature...

HELP nmn po... thnx!

consider mo rin i-check yung power supply unit mo. baka hindi naibabato ang tamang power. baka kailangang palitan.

Please help. when I turn on my PC nothing appears on my monitor, the monitor light just blinks. No sound from the CPU, no red light, the green lights steadily. Thanks!

if youre not that familiar with your pc hardwares, have it checked by a technician. might be cable connection issues lang. but worst, it might also be internal.