Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

sir james... ask ko lang po...

i have a laptop... running on xp... with 2 user account.

when i pres ctrl + alt + del it says that the admin disable it... dati di naman ganun...

and also i try to delete the 2nd account para kapag ni-on mo diretso na sa windows. nag punta ako sa user account sa control panel kaso di makapasok pero sa iba like add/remove programs nakakapasok naman...

any idea how to solve the problem?

when i pres ctrl + alt + del it says that the admin disable it... dati di naman ganun...

and also i try to delete the 2nd account para kapag ni-on mo diretso na sa windows. nag punta ako sa user account sa control panel kaso di makapasok pero sa iba like add/remove programs nakakapasok naman...

does it also happen when you do these procedures in safe mode? by the looks of it, i think that the account that you are using is corrupted.

I own an Icafe shop and not using a timer software. My problem is all of my PC runs on admin account due to frequent patch of Online games now some custumers downloads Limewire then downloads some songs on it the issue is it slows down my network. How do I disable the unwanted installation of these softwares on my computer? Can you discuss it step by step so that I can disable it.

Thanks

just setup a general account which can be used by your customers, but limited access.

does it also happen when you do these procedures in safe mode? by the looks of it, i think that the account that you are using is corrupted.

sir google thanks po sa answer...

yes sir kahit po sa safe mode ganun parin... kahit po yung "msconfig" ayaw mag run...

i manage to delete the second account... bale kapag turn on mo diretso na sa desktop...

administrator account nalang... pero ganun parin... ayaw parin kapag ctrl +alt+del = disable by admin daw... saka yung "msconfig" ayaw mag run...

yes sir kahit po sa safe mode ganun parin... kahit po yung "msconfig" ayaw mag run...

i manage to delete the second account... bale kapag turn on mo diretso na sa desktop...

administrator account nalang... pero ganun parin... ayaw parin kapag ctrl +alt+del = disable by admin daw... saka yung "msconfig" ayaw mag run...

nye... maski MSCONFIG ayaw? baka may tama na yung OS.

try to do a repair muna...

ooohhh ... ouch ... reformat and reinstall ? seems you've got a problem with your O/S ...

personally, when i'm the only user of a box, its alright for me to go to straight to the windows desktop (admin account) ...

however, if i share the usage (like for example the laptop i have at home) of the machine, each one of us have different accounts besides the admin account ... just to be on the safe side :D hehehe ...

my rule of thumb always is to have a seperate account that also has admin rights so that in case something went wrong, it can still be fixed ;)

mga kuya, anyone who knows a good book about networking.. basic and intermediate.. i really need one.. im havin a hard time troubleshootin cust issues on my work :headsetsmiley: (im good at hardwares, but not at networkin.. waahh). OMG!

Edited by imjustmarc

Heres my problem...My computer cant detect my inno3d 7200GS 256mb videocard....And if i attach it to the board there is no display on my FLATRON 795FT PLUS crt monitor,what gives??...Im using vista business(still confuse if its 32 or 64 bit),on an INTEL PENTIUM® dual CPU E2160 1.8GHZ AND 1GIG RAM. ..Before i reformatted,my OS was xp pro 64bit,and my videocard run smoothly with it..With vista,its useless..but you know,the box and manual says that 7200GS is vista ready...Id really apreciate any info that you could give me regarding the culprit..and also im wondering if i disable the onboard video,before i attach the videocard,do you think it would help the comp to detect it??..Thnx in advance.

Heres my problem...My computer cant detect my inno3d 7200GS 256mb videocard....And if i attach it to the board there is no display on my FLATRON 795FT PLUS crt monitor,what gives??...Im using vista business(still confuse if its 32 or 64 bit),on an INTEL PENTIUM® dual CPU E2160 1.8GHZ AND 1GIG RAM. ..Before i reformatted,my OS was xp pro 64bit,and my videocard run smoothly with it..With vista,its useless..but you know,the box and manual says that 7200GS is vista ready...Id really apreciate any info that you could give me regarding the culprit..and also im wondering if i disable the onboard video,before i attach the videocard,do you think it would help the comp to detect it??..Thnx in advance.

try mo connect ang monitor sa built in video mo if nag display dun means 1st option sa pag use ng video ay yung built in mo. change the setting sa bios na to use the pci-e video card mo.

have u tried to update ur video card driver?

you may have a virus infection. there are several viruses which will deny you access. have you tried doing a scan of your system?

the reason why your pc can't detect your inno3d 7200GS 256mb videocard is that you haven't disabled your onboard video. this is also why there is absolutely no display on your monitor.

Just read all your reply regarding my predicament...Later this morning ko pa try disable yung onboard memory nya,ill do it after breakfast and ill post the result here asap...I have to borrow my neybors old analog pc pa kase e,hehe..di kase nag aapear sa FLATRON 795FT PLUS yung bios ng board ko,windows logo agad(vertical daw ata problema nun),so i have to use another crt to see the bios...incidentally,san ba exactly located yung onboard video nya mga sir??..Sa advance setting ba?Kindly point me to the right direction.Thnx again in advance.

guys pa clarify naman, is 4GB RAM detectable by Vista 64 bit and not 32bit? And that 64 bit has problems compared to 32 bit one?

the 4GB RAM can be detected by Vista 64-bit. But if your OS is on 32 bit (Vista and XP), medyo hindi makikita o ma-uuutilize yung buong 4GB RAM mo.

if this is the case try to enable PAE.

additional information here.... http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/.../14/699521.aspx

Just read all your reply regarding my predicament...Later this morning ko pa try disable yung onboard memory nya,ill do it after breakfast and ill post the result here asap...I have to borrow my neybors old analog pc pa kase e,hehe..di kase nag aapear sa FLATRON 795FT PLUS yung bios ng board ko,windows logo agad(vertical daw ata problema nun),so i have to use another crt to see the bios...incidentally,san ba exactly located yung onboard video nya mga sir??..Sa advance setting ba?Kindly point me to the right direction.Thnx again in advance.

depende sa CMOS software. but most of them, you can find nga dun sa advanced settings.

Ah, yeah I heard nga na 3GB lang mareregister na RAM pag 32bit Vista...

is 64-bit processing stable na ba? alangan kasi ako e. Hanggat hindi stable, I might stick to 2GB RAM and XP SP2 muna.

@ google

masyado highly technical sakin yung link na bigay mo..^^ pero anyway I understand some stuffs naman.

Edited by kenji_1989
Ah, yeah I heard nga na 3GB lang mareregister na RAM pag 32bit Vista...

is 64-bit processing stable na ba? alangan kasi ako e. Hanggat hindi stable, I might stick to 2GB RAM and XP SP2 muna.

@ google

masyado highly technical sakin yung link na bigay mo..^^ pero anyway I understand some stuffs naman.

In my experience it is quite stable already. I've been running on a 64-bit OS for about a year now and have not encountered any problem whatsoever except with the initial driver hunt. :headsetsmiley:

just setup a general account which can be used by your customers, but limited access.

problem of creating a new account the Online game is always updating and patching their software in a weekly basis, Previous setup was with outher account prob seen was the update or the auto pacth wont work because it needs an administrator account.

I have a problem..

I recently bought 2pcs 256mb pc100 memory to upgrade a computer.. The problem is that windows would only detect 128mb . I tried putting the 2x256mb memories,tried putting just 1x256mb memory,last configuration I tried was putting 1x256mb together with the old ram 1x128mb... All configuration would only yield a 128mb ram system reading in Windows xp

How do I solve this problem??