Speaker

Recently bought a Bose blu-tooth speaker at the HK airport prior to my flight back to Manila. Talk about last minute shopping!

The speaker has a decent built-in sub-woofer giving it reasonable bass. It's portable and will work with blu-tooth enabled devices such as mp3s, mobile phones, tablets, etc.

At home:1. old school pioneer with Canton speakers.

2. Harmann Kardon with JBL satellites and sub

Currently using:

Cheap panasonic dvd player with 5.1 na bihirang magamit kasi di masyado allowed malakas na sounds sa building :-)

I don't like bose. sure, it sounds good but the same quality can be had for less money.

• Downvote 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Home theater - Have been using b&w 600 series 1 for 5.1 setup for > 15 years.

Desktop PC - bose companion 3 series 2 for nearly a year

Car - JBL for almost 3 years

I enjoy rock music and movies a lot. My advise is invest on the best that you can afford for home use, for cars just go for the middle ground since exposure to sunlight/heat damages or shorten lifespan of speakers.

I enjoy rock music and movies a lot. I normally enjoy more than "loud" volume settings and my siblings/nephews/parents always complains =)

Home Theater - Have been using b&w 600 series 1 for 5.1 setup for > 15 years. I have gone through 3 av recievers, but my speakers are still great, though thinking of retiring the sub and replace with a new one.

Tips/Advises:

1. Invest on the best that you can afford for home use -home theater, PC, etc.

2. For cars just go for the middle ground since exposure to sunlight/heat damages or shorten lifespan of speakers.

3. Like car engines, do not overdrive the speakers.

4. Better match speaker and AVR/AMP impedance.

5. Also use the proper wire/cable gauge. e.g. poor or thin speaker wires could result to your AVR/AMP running hotter than normal, etc.

6. To have the best sound possible, everything would have to be good - the speakers, the AVR/Amp, the players, cable/wires, and the media itself (CD, mp3, Bluray, etc.).

7. Out of the box, it could take a while to find the sweet spot in terms of settings, etc. So play it with until you are satisfied with the sound.

8. Over time, you might also need to toy around the settings as your equipment, specially the speakers matures.

cheers!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New add... Since I travel a lot I recently got myself an earphone upgrade and purchased a brand new, old-school bose headphones. Though I never liked Bose home speaker range... i find their PC speakers and headphones of good value/quality. Also, ayoko ng trendy brands like beats, etc. :ninja:

I enjoy rock music and movies a lot. I normally enjoy more than "loud" volume settings and my siblings/nephews/parents always complains =)

Home Theater - Have been using b&w 600 series 1 for 5.1 setup for > 15 years. I have gone through 3 av recievers, but my speakers are still great, though thinking of retiring the sub and replace with a new one.

Tips/Advises:

1. Invest on the best that you can afford for home use -home theater, PC, etc.

2. For cars just go for the middle ground since exposure to sunlight/heat damages or shorten lifespan of speakers.

3. Like car engines, do not overdrive the speakers.

4. Better match speaker and AVR/AMP impedance.

5. Also use the proper wire/cable gauge. e.g. poor or thin speaker wires could result to your AVR/AMP running hotter than normal, etc.

6. To have the best sound possible, everything would have to be good - the speakers, the AVR/Amp, the players, cable/wires, and the media itself (CD, mp3, Bluray, etc.).

7. Out of the box, it could take a while to find the sweet spot in terms of settings, etc. So play it with until you are satisfied with the sound.

8. Over time, you might also need to toy around the settings as your equipment, specially the speakers matures.

cheers!