Hallo

I hope someone here can help me.....

I live i Germany and visite already many times the Philippines. My hobby/sidebusiness is fishe breeding / import and i keep more than 30 tanks this time from 50 to 2800 Liters.

When i stay in Manila i always visit Cartimar market. I saw there few shops offer a black/white banded eel, morayeel or snake from approx 40 cm (18 inch). Price was approx 50 piso. Nowone there can give me a scinetific name of them but thay told me its nativ from Luzon north of Manila and live in the rice fields. I dont know if its true but maybe here is someone who can help me to get the scinetific nane.

Also is here someone who is familar in nativ !!! philippine freshwater fish ???

reg

Andy

Do you have any pictures of these "eels"? The Philippine freshwater flora and fauna are largely untapped commercially.

Do you have any pictures of these "eels"? The Philippine freshwater flora and fauna are largely untapped commercially.

Hallo

Sorry i cant find any picture but im sure if you are there in this place you will be know what i mean.

You are right about the philippine nativ freshwater fish are realy unexplored. I try already since few years to find somebody with knowledge about freshwater fish and interestet to develop it as business..... many marine exporters and also all the equipment is easy available in Manila cause of marin exporters but if thay export frehwater fish thay offer only breeds. I give my support in knowlege already in Dem.Rep.Congo , Cameroon and Peru to develope this business but in the Philippines i cant find yet somebody whos interestet. Compared to this countrys im sure in the Philippines is already a lot of people with good knowledge in fisheries but why noone is working with nativ freshwater fish ??? In all your neighbour countrys this business is already well developed or worl leading !!!

Im not only interestet in this eel. I was already few times in Palawan and also the region between Roxas and Iloilo. Both time i found barbs in the small rivers that looks very interesting...... also any kind of crabs, shrimps or snails that lives in fresh water is realy a trend at the aquarium scene in europe this time !!!

Maybe on your next visite in cartimar you can help me to find out a scinetific name. For any response you can also send me to my business adress info@tropicfish.de

reg

Andreas

Hallo

Sorry i cant find any picture but im sure if you are there in this place you will be know what i mean.

You are right about the philippine nativ freshwater fish are realy unexplored. I try already since few years to find somebody with knowledge about freshwater fish and interestet to develop it as business..... many marine exporters and also all the equipment is easy available in Manila cause of marin exporters but if thay export frehwater fish thay offer only breeds. I give my support in knowlege already in Dem.Rep.Congo , Cameroon and Peru to develope this business but in the Philippines i cant find yet somebody whos interestet. Compared to this countrys im sure in the Philippines is already a lot of people with good knowledge in fisheries but why noone is working with nativ freshwater fish ??? In all your neighbour countrys this business is already well developed or worl leading !!!

Im not only interestet in this eel. I was already few times in Palawan and also the region between Roxas and Iloilo. Both time i found barbs in the small rivers that looks very interesting...... also any kind of crabs, shrimps or snails that lives in fresh water is realy a trend at the aquarium scene in europe this time !!!

Maybe on your next visite in cartimar you can help me to find out a scinetific name. For any response you can also send me to my business adress info@tropicfish.de

reg

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Not really into collecting from the wild..but I'll ask around..

Keep in touch, I'll put my email on your Private Messenger

• 3 weeks later...

mga bro,pwede patulong...

may pond ako medyo malaki sya...

problem is water turned green..naloko ako ng pond builder ko kasi wala built in na filters...

ano maganda ko gawin...

marami salamat.

3mx10m laki ng pond at may koi na laman,,more than 5opcs,,,size ranging from 18inches to 4 inches

mga bro,pwede patulong...

may pond ako medyo malaki sya...

problem is water turned green..naloko ako ng pond builder ko kasi wala built in na filters...

ano maganda ko gawin...

marami salamat.

3mx10m laki ng pond at may koi na laman,,more than 5opcs,,,size ranging from 18inches to 4 inches

Pare, not an expert pero, there are many factors to consider:

too much fishes, they generate pee and poo which the algae feed on (although you number seems reasonable)

too much sun, a technique they use is to try to partially shade some on the surface area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
alaga ko dati arowana tapos nag flowerhorn ako.. gusto ko ulit mag aquarium... mukhang ok hammerhead and goldfish.

Mas madaling alagaan ang arowana and flowerhorn. less maintenance. pag goldfish, bigla nalang may fish k*ll. Tried many times already. Parang may 1-3yrs life span lang sila.

But iam a Goldfish lover. I like the Ranchu Breed. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...

Dude, you could try to find Second hand Aquariums. Some would go dirt cheap especially if the owner is planning to quit the hobby. Sometimes, you could even see people giving away fish with the purchase of the aquarium. Kasi kung di na nga niya maaalagaan, mas mabuti pang ipamigay para may mag aalaga pa.

Sometimes, there's even bundled buy one take one aquariums, etc.

Try looking at our Buy and sell section. Kung wala pa rin don, try mo sa www.mypalhs.com

Hope this helps.

share ko lang po hobbies ko, I have 100gallon aquarium dating bahay ng silver arowana ko kaso nmatay ng mag blackout. nagayon laman nya puro molly black and white. and also have a pond with kois 45pcs lahat healthy 4 to 5 inchs mga laki nila. pasensya na walang pictures di pa ako marunong mag attach ng picture eh!...:D

Wow!!! 100 Gal. Di pa ako nakakakita non.

Post ka naman ng pics. Madali lang naman once you get a hang of it.

Just click the "Add Reply" button instead of using the usual "Quick reply" box. Then you'll see the part of the message editor where you could attach pics.

Edited by alloy v7.6
  • 3 weeks later...