sa cartimar ako nakabili ng piranha bago nila binago yung set up ng place 200 per head kasing laki lang ng piso isa jules ata name nung pet shop puro cichlid binebenta nila, yung bantay sa ibang area ng cartimar kinuha yung isda tapos dinala lang sa akin habang iniintay ko ayusin yung aquarium na binili ko ... pinagtanungan ko nun yung binibilhan ko lagi ng aquarium alam naman ng mga shop owners dun kung sino nagtitinda ng mga illegal pets dapat lang familiar sila sa inyo...

check nyo rin yung mga nagtitinda ng red pacu minsan sinasama nila yung mga pogi dun sobrang pareho kasi ang itsura nila pag juveniles palang sobrang konti lang ng difference...

try ko ulit hanap ng shop na meron and ill post my fr right awat :)

bro, based from my experience lang ha? sa breeding pwede mo try muna convict cichlids, hardy fish kasi ito. you might want to buy a tested pair or have half a dozen siguro and hope na may magpair, kahit isang pares lang muna. pwede mo din kasi madistinguish ang male-female ng convict pero sometimes forced pair dont work and baka mapatay lang nung isa (usually deads ang female, mas maliit at less aggressive pag single). usual features ng male convict is ung size compared to female of the same age, mas mahaba ang fins sa upper prtion (dorsal, tama ba?) and ung humps sa ulo (usually matured males) ang females naman is smaller, maigsi ang dorsals, at may bright orange/amber/blue/silvery patch sa may tyan/gills. aggressive sila once nagpair na and nangitlog. maraming articles sa pagbibreed ng convicts, search mo na lang plus experience mo din, ok itong simula sa pagbibreed ng isda. just watch out for the population explosion once you get the hang of it.

Dude, you're talking about Fighting Fish, right?

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it basta magka time ako ulit. Hehehe.

So, gaano ba kalaking aquarium ang ideal na breeding tank?

• 2 weeks later...
I just backread the whole thread, you guys are great. I'm just thinking about starting an aquarium and I have no experience whatsoever, can I start with an arowana?

Arowana will be a simple case all you need is a clean water tank, depends how big your arowana will be. Air filter and a good light source.

Arowana feeds only twice a week just dont over feed them. Its very economical.

Or you can try starters:

molly, guppies and gold fish.

• 3 weeks later...
Arowana will be a simple case all you need is a clean water tank, depends how big your arowana will be. Air filter and a good light source.

Arowana feeds only twice a week just dont over feed them. Its very economical.

Or you can try starters:

molly, guppies and gold fish.

Bro Jamboree,

Thank you fo your advice. I'm looking for something in a 600-700 liter capacity tank because I plan to have my pet-to-be reach it's maximum growth. I might start with Silvers because they're the cheapest. The smaller ones would cost 2,800 (less than one year old) while two year olds will cost 6500. I have seen Reds that cost cost 350,000 in Tiendesitas.

In the meantime, this will continue to be my favorite aquarium. Hehehe

Bro Jamboree,

Thank you fo your advice. I'm looking for something in a 600-700 liter capacity tank because I plan to have my pet-to-be reach it's maximum growth. I might start with Silvers because they're the cheapest. The smaller ones would cost 2,800 (less than one year old) while two year olds will cost 6500. I have seen Reds that cost cost 350,000 in Tiendesitas.

In the meantime, this will continue to be my favorite aquarium. Hehehe

i can recommend you here in ongpin which is much cheaper than you have asked even the aquarium materilas SERA branded name their show room is locate near my place. I can refer to you and you get discount prices. Sila yung distributor sa SERA Philippines

While sa mga arowana RED ba? I can reco you also

i can recommend you here in ongpin which is much cheaper than you have asked even the aquarium materilas SERA branded name their show room is locate near my place. I can refer to you and you get discount prices. Sila yung distributor sa SERA Philippines

While sa mga arowana RED ba? I can reco you also

Thanks bro.

Do they have Sera in 600-700 liter capacity? I heard from Bio Research that 700 liter aquarium is custom built daw.

Actually, i'm a little scared of buying the Red arowana because it's very expensive. I'll save up for the silver arowana so i can gain some experience then eventually work my way up to a Red Aro. Hehehehe really scared of making a mistake with a red aro baka mamatay pa dahil sa inexperience ko.

Thanks bro.

Do they have Sera in 600-700 liter capacity? I heard from Bio Research that 700 liter aquarium is custom built daw.

Actually, i'm a little scared of buying the Red arowana because it's very expensive. I'll save up for the silver arowana so i can gain some experience then eventually work my way up to a Red Aro. Hehehehe really scared of making a mistake with a red aro baka mamatay pa dahil sa inexperience ko.

Try to visit both Bio and SERA then compare yung mga prices offer nila for you. Mostly aquariums its either custom made or import from China. Its your choice.

For Red aRo naman mura na ngayon if you are talking expensive ones baka yung sinasabi nila may micro chip sa batok but it is now adviseable. Mostly it came from Malaysia. Di ba you are shuttleing back and forth from hongKong? Try to search there madaming suppliers diyan sa HongKong.

To get the Red Aro red naman is by feeding them floaters na pampapula Sera is alo importing them by kilo benta nila ,mostly they came from Taiwan which is much cheaper.

If you are travelling to manila try to pm me I will bring to the SERA and the fish store there then kayo mag usap.