• 2 weeks later...

meron ako arowana sa bahay at sa bahay ng beyanan ko mg 4-year old n cla nd ko nga alam kng saan ko cla ppasukin...hehehe,joke....malaki n cla...minsan nga kinagat ako kc nilalaro ko un food niya... silver arowana nga lng un pero ganda cla....sarap hawakan at marunong manlambing...miss ko n nga cla d2 kc ako sa dubai..

Newbie Aquarium owner here... Freshwater pa lang ang inaalagaan ko... Right now, I have a couple o' Common Goldfish, A pair of Red Caps, a couple o' Bala Sharks, and a couple o' Black Moores. Meron din akong Zebra Dunio kaso iisa na lang. Lima yun Dati kaso nangamatay na yung iba. Hehehe.

Pano ba malalaman kung babae o lalaki ang isda? I'm aiming on breeding kasi eh.

TIA...

• 2 weeks later...
dude mahirap mag-maintain ng saltwater aquarium. isang brownout lang... dedo isda mo. unless nkatira ka sa batangas or sa malapit sa dagat.

anyway, for starters. you need a powerful filter a bigger than usual tank, a skimmer, most of all a very powerful Metal Halide Lamp, basta malakas na ilaw para kumulay ang isda mo. ska bawal yung rock salt na nabibili sa palengke. most of them kasi may Iodine na. its best to get some sa cavite. yung fresh salt pa lang. mga 2:1~3:1 yung ratio ng water to salt. then get some live rock sa mga beach or resort para mabuhay ang aquarium mo.

it takes a lot of research and most of the time trial and error lang to make it perfect. kahit ang bio research hirap i-maintain ang kanilang tank.

biggest CRAP I've ever heard !

my first saltwater aquarium 15 gallons on a Resun Aqua kit.

bought the display kit (ayos na).

they took out the water and bagged it, took out the fish and bagged it and i told them to just let the live rocks intact.

after 2 hours of travel to my place, put the bagged water into the tank, after 2 hours put the live fishes in.

lost 1 fish after 2 days, replaced it with 2 fishes after a week. set me back less than 12K icluding the tip for the 'tipper'. I asked for his cp# just in case (never got to use it). i have 4 small fishes & a shrimp (3 variety)

after 3 months (no change water), live corals are now better, fishes are all briskly alive (first batch).

I have to repeat again that this is my FIRST saltwater set-up and aside from the 15minute tips from the dealer i don't have any info nor prior research. No paid maintenance man here, just common sense.

this is my testbed to buy the P150K saltwater 120gal tank (also on display) this year. If the dealer says that i only need to change the water 2x a year, then there's no stopping me to buy the display setup by 3rd quarter this year.

To those that would like to bet on this, there's a shop in Aqualand Cartimar, the farthermost (won't name the place so as not to offend the competitors), that would sell you the same kit as I've had. All of them (shops) are approachable (i've spent time chatting with other shop guys), only reason I bought the kit in this shop is that I liked his design of corals and selection of fishes. but any shop will be as good.

btw in bulacan, in 3 months we have experienced a 3-6hrs brownout around 8x since I bought it, no dead fish. no special lamps just the ordinary lamp on a resun aqua kit. fish food is the sinking pellet provided.

ACTUAL experience proved that this is the biggest crap advice.

mga masters, newbie here. Just started my very first 20 gallon aquarium with an oscar and a flowerhorn. Just want to get advices here. My water always seem to be unclear (parang milky sha) even a day or two after I change the water. What can be causing this and what can I do to avoid this from happening? Kahit man lang after 2 weeks or 1 month saka sha maging unclear, happy nako. I do have a filter/aerator so that doesnt seem to be the problem. HELP PLEASE!!! :cry:

mga masters, newbie here. Just started my very first 20 gallon aquarium with an oscar and a flowerhorn. Just want to get advices here. My water always seem to be unclear (parang milky sha) even a day or two after I change the water. What can be causing this and what can I do to avoid this from happening? Kahit man lang after 2 weeks or 1 month saka sha maging unclear, happy nako. I do have a filter/aerator so that doesnt seem to be the problem. HELP PLEASE!!! :cry:

reefphilippines.comclick this

Di pa maayos yung cycle ng bacteria sa Tank mo bro. tsaka anong filtration gamit mo? overhead filter ba o undergravel lang? Me mga solutions din na available sa petshops that can help maintain clarity. for more stuff about fishkeeping & Tank filtration, visit http://www.palhs.com (Philippine Arowana Luo Han Society) This is also a good place to look for quality fish/es, accessories, breeders, recommended petshops info/location, etc) hth

Di pa maayos yung cycle ng bacteria sa Tank mo bro. tsaka anong filtration gamit mo? overhead filter ba o undergravel lang? Me mga solutions din na available sa petshops that can help maintain clarity. for more stuff about fishkeeping & Tank filtration, visit http://www.palhs.com (Philippine Arowana Luo Han Society) This is also a good place to look for quality fish/es, accessories, breeders, recommended petshops info/location, etc) hth

thanks master! Yup ur right, it was the cycle. I made the mistake of always changing ALL of the water in the tank when I should have been changing just around 10-20% of it. I am using an overhead filter. Just to update, I followed the cycle method, changing only around 10% of the water and just being patient and leaving the water cloudy, right now, the cloudiness is gone although there are still a bit of particles roaming, the water is noticeably clearer. Thanks for those who replied. Peace bro!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

ayt! no prob. as for the remaining particles, if you really want to have a crystal clear tank me paraan pa rin yan. btw, ano pinapakain mo sa oscars & FH mo? how often? me isang solution na binebenta sa petshop na medyo pricey(around 300/ small bottle) pero kahit anong cloudy ng water after a few minutes nagiging sobrang clear. If you need recos ng mga petshops just PM me. Nagbreed din ako before ng Luo Han & joined some competitions ng Palhs & myfacs. :flowers:

Sa mga naghahanap ng pogi.. I had 5 RBPs 2 years ago mga 1 inch nung na acquire ko, nung una ok, nakaktuwa dahil talagang they live up to their reputation. pinapakain ko hapless goldfish and feeders. First 6 mos talagang tuwang tuwa ako dahil violence talaga. Nung umabot na sila ng mga 5 inches medyo na bore ako, nilagyan ko ng breeding pair na convicts half their size. iniisip ko di tatagal. E mautak mga convict nagtago tago sa mga hiding places.. Akalain mo ba naman na nung nangitlog yung babae...hehehe antapang nung pair di makalapit yung mga pogi...nasa isang sulok sila yung mga convict tsaka mga baby nila ang hari sa tank...sa sobrang inis ko kinuha ko mga babies at yung babaeng convict hiniwalay ko, iniwan ko yung lalake. Di siya umabot ng 2 araw...He got owned...pero nawalan nako gana sa pogi, boring sila panoorin pag na outgrow mo na yung frenzy, pina swap ko nalang sila sa baby australian arowana, longnose,tsaka knife fish. Di ako nagsisi. try niyo rin visit www.monsterfishkeepers.com kung talagang gusto niyo ng monsters na alaga..

try to install 3 stages filter...

5 microns then 1 microns and final stage is activated carbon.....

thanks for the advice. my apologies for the late acknowledgment. i'm using two ehiem 2250 canisters to filter the water. i am just using the standard filter elements that came with the canisters. can you suggest how i can achieve the 5 micron and 1 micron stages you mentioned? thanks!

by the way, i have lined the bottom of the substrate with peat in the hopes of increasing the acidity of the water. i don't think it is working though.

@bigj>

I own a 10 gal tank and a 2.5gal tank. Naging problema ko rin yan noon. Nung una, dalawang filter/aerator ang gamit ko. Di pa rin ako na satisfy sa filtration. Bumili ako ng Jebo 950 (overhead filter). Ayun, na solve ang problema. Kaso i went on further kasi di pa rin ako satisfied sa performance (although jung jebo 950 ay para yata sa 20 gal tank at obviously masyadong malakas para sa tank ko). I modified the filter materials setup. I added a final layer of Filter wool and then I rearranged the Biological-Mechanical filters. Also, I sealed water exit points dun sa chamber na nilalagyan ng filter materials. I'm planning on changing to "SERA" filter material. Balak ko rin maglagay sa filter ng Aquarium Charcoal. Isa pang balak ko ay bumili ng Nitrivec (Nitrogen decomposing bacteria). The only problem now is the funds. Poor lang kasi ako kaya kailangan ko pang pag ipunan. Hehehe.

Once a week ako mag maintenance pero mukhang stable na talaga ang tank environment. Di na gaanong lumalabo ang tubig by the seventh day.

Gaano ba kalaki yung mga isda mo? Kasi, ayon sa BAS (Bristol Aquarists Society) website, ang 1 inch daw na body length ng isda ay nangangailangan ng at least 24 sq. in. water surface area. Kapag overcrowded, madali talagang dumumi tubig.

Pero matanong ko na rin ang mga eksperto kasi medyo baguhan pa lang ako. Hehehe.

Tama ba yung ginagawa ko na tuwing lilinisin ko yung filter wool at yung filter pads ay binabanlian ko ng mainit na tubig?

Andami kasing naiipon na dumi every week at napansin kong kapag puno na ng dumi ang filter pads, dun na nagsisimulang pumula ang tubig.

By the way, I'm now caring for three albino Zebra Danios, one Zebra Danio, a pair of Redcaps, three Black Moores, a pari of Bala sharks and a pair of common 2-finned goldfish. Maliliit pa yung mga iba kaya kasya pa sila sa 10 gal tank. Yung dlwang Gold fish, sinusubukan ko pa lang i breed. Nandun sila sa 2.5 Gal tank.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Newbie Aquarium owner here... Freshwater pa lang ang inaalagaan ko... Right now, I have a couple o' Common Goldfish, A pair of Red Caps, a couple o' Bala Sharks, and a couple o' Black Moores. Meron din akong Zebra Dunio kaso iisa na lang. Lima yun Dati kaso nangamatay na yung iba. Hehehe.

Pano ba malalaman kung babae o lalaki ang isda? I'm aiming on breeding kasi eh.

TIA...

bro, based from my experience lang ha? sa breeding pwede mo try muna convict cichlids, hardy fish kasi ito. you might want to buy a tested pair or have half a dozen siguro and hope na may magpair, kahit isang pares lang muna. pwede mo din kasi madistinguish ang male-female ng convict pero sometimes forced pair dont work and baka mapatay lang nung isa (usually deads ang female, mas maliit at less aggressive pag single). usual features ng male convict is ung size compared to female of the same age, mas mahaba ang fins sa upper prtion (dorsal, tama ba?) and ung humps sa ulo (usually matured males) ang females naman is smaller, maigsi ang dorsals, at may bright orange/amber/blue/silvery patch sa may tyan/gills. aggressive sila once nagpair na and nangitlog. maraming articles sa pagbibreed ng convicts, search mo na lang plus experience mo din, ok itong simula sa pagbibreed ng isda. just watch out for the population explosion once you get the hang of it.