• 2 weeks later...

Guys do you happen to have any idea where can i place a koi fish? Koi pond is "negative". Unless you have a suggestion that i can a pond without building it. Any alternative? Thanks!

you may construct a rectangular shaped box - 6x3x3ft or so, use rubber liner or tarpaulin used for outdoor advertising is good to use as a liner too. put in a filtration system with a pump that has a displacement of at least 1500liter per hour and you are good to go. consider the construction thoroughly against the volume of water it contains.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to collect all sorts of tropical fish when I was younger. I had neon tetras, black tetras, angel fish, goldfish, zebra danios, corydoras, cichlids, serpae tetras,guppies, etc.

I learned early on that you should never have angel fish and neon tetras in one aquarium. The angel fish and cichlids tend to eat the neon tetras.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

any inputs on how to setup a saltwater tank? i have an existing standard 75 gal tank. can i work with that?

ok to start with that..

you'll need the following :

1. Fish tank

2. Fish

3. a very good / efficient filter

4. if possible, a UV light to be sure that water returned back to your aquarium are bacteria free

5. saltwater either from the ocean or those salts that you have to mix and prepare

6. protien skimmer

7. blue light combined with daylight.

8. vitamins for corals if you wish to have those

9. lastly knowledge how to take care of your fishes etc..

i might have miss somethings or maybe i have listed too much but these are what i used to have

ok to start with that..

you'll need the following :

1. Fish tank

2. Fish

3. a very good / efficient filter

4. if possible, a UV light to be sure that water returned back to your aquarium are bacteria free

5. saltwater either from the ocean or those salts that you have to mix and prepare

6. protien skimmer

7. blue light combined with daylight.

8. vitamins for corals if you wish to have those

9. lastly knowledge how to take care of your fishes etc..

i might have miss somethings or maybe i have listed too much but these are what i used to have

What's the ideal food for salt water fish? Do they all eat the same thing or do different types of fish eat different types of food?