The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

i would basically prefer the city over the vios. exterior is akin to a futuristic car, even the tailights looks like one of a luxury car. the performance is great, you get 99 horses in 1.3A (base level) compared to 85 horses of vios (base level). the ride quality is superb. the interior looks expensive unlike the vios na mukha talagang pang-taxi. and one more point, para kasing nagsulputang kabute ang vios. walang uniqueness. <_<

yes bro..the bulldog body...mine is the local version..locally purchased...

ok naman cya but there are times na parang pigil iyong power na parang ayaw humataw-(seldom nga lang mangyari but it still bothers me...)

i tried bringing it to mitsubishi service center but ok naman daw...and frankly i refrained from going there any more because pera na tingin sayo- kung ano ano sinasabi...

ok naman turbo nya..i was thinking baka may mga sensor kelangan linisin...

sa aircon naman sometimes may umaamoy na mabaho , what i do is pina pa fan ko na lang ng matagal para mawala..

hmmm... Sensors... My shocks sensors medyo me problema din..

you mean rattling sound? got from what condition? surely when driving too much on rough road. simply, cars are not designed on very bumpy roads that everyone should be aware.

Yeah, specially cars with MacPherson suspensions. Honda solved that problem before - with double wishbone suspension. But unfortunately, today you have to buy an Accord or a Lexus IS 300 to enjoy that priviledge.

Has anyone tried to upgrade his pizza gsr lancer engine from the orginal 4G92 SOHC to a MIVEC 4G92 DOHC?

How hard/easy?

Can I still use my original INVECS tranny o palit pati transmission?

Does the radiator need to be replaced with a larger one considering the huge jump in power from 111hp (stock) to 176hp (mivec)?

Palit din ba ng differential o kaya na nung stock yung added torque?

Can the stock front springs handle the added weight of the DOHC

FYI, I'm aware the ECU needs to be replaced but is that all?

Edited by Magaling

hmppp andaming reklamo about honda cars... kalampag? lahat naman ng car at the long run... me maririnig kang kalampag eh... sows... I owned an old model of honda city and until now ok naman sya... never nya ko pinahiya and binigyan ng sakit ngulo... I love honda city... kasi sobrang tipid sa gas... plus the fact na maliit lang sya and pang girl talaga ang dating... but then it was getting old and i'm planning to buy a new one... like ko talaga Honda CRV kaso medyo expensive so nung nakita ko yung fusion... I changed my mind kasi mukhang mas maganda... but then... I really loved honda astig ang porma sa lahat ng brand.... But when I saw the new honda City wala na... back to honda city ulet ako... but now instead of red im planning to buy the black one... honda still the best for me.. kanya kanya lang ng trip yan.. so better dont say anything bad sa mga hindi nyo type na car... see yah

Edited by cupidbabe
hmmm... Sensors... My shocks sensors medyo me problema din..

the reason i mentioned sensors is because i used to have a 2003 patrol gr(presidential) 3.0 turbo diesel and everytime may kulang sa power..there are like these sensors(that was what they called it at nissan) sa part ng intake na nililinis ng carbon cleaner..

im not sure if i got the correct term..i dont claim to be an expert..im no mechanic

^

it might be due to the a/t being unable to downshift right away to a more apt gear. i also wrote about a similar problem with my vehicle at the 'motero vs. fortuner' thread and amongst the reasons that i was looking at for my concern, it is the tranny that i am most convinced to be the culprit.

bro if its the tranny..do a simple change or replacement of ATF will solve the problem?

or is it a flaw talaga sa invecs II transmission?

i`ve been driving my crystal black Honda City `09 for 3 mos. na and i have to say, i don`t regret buying it one bit.. :thumbsupsmiley:

looks are simply awesome, it really is a head-turner.. :cool:

the interior is stylish, and fuel efficiency is superb.. :cool:

yup, i noticed that when in high speeds there is a bit more road noise than what you would expect, but it`s tolerable naman.. and there are minor kalampags, but you will only hear them when passing over very rough roads and deep potholes..

all in all, the `09 Honda City is one sweeeet ride.. :thumbsupsmiley:

:mtc:

ditto on the suspension noises of hondas. doesn't inspire assuredness when driving, even when not going over obvious bumps or pot holes. experience based on the 1st gen city and 3rd gen crv.

imo, not enough for me not to recommend the crv. lots of other factors that will satisfy.

the city is another matter altogether. the only thing going for it is it's frugal fuel consumption. imo.

well the honda city 09, is really a nice car with it's futuristic styling state of the art design,nice interior layout with bigger space than the previous model,with nice sound system with built in equalizer in it,nice design of its rims and most importantly it's fuel efficient, it's value for money...cool car...