The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

hi guys,

my 1st car was a lancer glx 1989. now, i have the galant ss 99 (shark type). galing ng porma, parang bmw. sabi nila nademanda daw mitsubshi ng bmw because of this model, so di na sila nag-labas ng new version.

btw, i have a problem sa alarm ng car. bago naman yung battery nung remote control (at ng car din), kaso napaka-inconsistent nya...minsan aandar, minsan ayaw. any recommendation? ayaw ko dalhin sa casa, kasi parang sobrang simple lang nito (ang sabi nung mechanic sa servitek, where i do my change oil, baka daw electrical lang), kaso baka taga naman ang presyo sa casa.

thanks and regards.

hi guys,

my 1st car was a lancer glx 1989. now, i have the galant ss 99 (shark type). galing ng porma, parang bmw.  sabi nila nademanda daw mitsubshi ng bmw because of this model, so di na sila nag-labas ng new version.

btw, i have a problem sa alarm ng car. bago naman yung battery nung remote control (at ng car din), kaso napaka-inconsistent nya...minsan aandar, minsan ayaw.  any recommendation? ayaw ko dalhin sa casa, kasi parang sobrang simple lang nito (ang sabi nung mechanic sa servitek, where i do my change oil, baka daw electrical lang), kaso baka taga naman ang presyo sa casa.

thanks and regards.

dalhin mo sa mga tindahan ng alarm sa evangelista. dun mo pa-check yung wiring. magagaling yun mga nandun. yung alarm ko, kinatay ko lang sa isang project ng student ko, so kulang mga parts. dun ko dinala at pinakabit. yung automatic door lock kinabit sa preno so when i step on the brakes, lock lahat ng doors. nalimutan ko pangalan ng store, pero coming from edsa, right side sya mga 300meters or so from edsa.

the new 2.0 lancer is what you can consider 1/2 an evo meaning:

1/2 the HP 145 vs. 300

1/2 the drive train 2 wheel drive vs. 4wd

1/2 the price 1M+ vs. 2.8M

the good part?

its a turbo, manifold and intercooler away from bumping up HP. some one out there is sure going to be looking for a used evo manifold, used intercooler, used turbo (4,5,6,7,8) and slapping it on. granted its not as simple as it sounds but the inherent goodness of the engine makes it possible.

dalhin mo sa mga tindahan ng alarm sa evangelista. dun mo pa-check yung wiring. magagaling yun mga nandun. yung alarm ko, kinatay ko lang sa isang project ng student ko, so kulang mga parts. dun ko dinala at pinakabit. yung automatic door lock kinabit sa preno so when i step on the brakes, lock lahat ng doors. nalimutan ko pangalan ng store, pero coming from edsa, right side sya mga 300meters or so from edsa.

ok pare, thanks....will check it out.

your not going to run high boost on it, maybe 7-8 psi max. The crankshaft is the same as an evo, the pistons are different thoug, a bit higher compression in the lancer.

an aftermarket adaptation should make 200whp easy to reach for realtively little money compared to shelling out for an evo. You get the HP part but still lack:

4wd

diffferentials

brakes

seam welded frame

but all in all not a bad way to spend 200k on top of the price. as for electronics, you can AFC it for bare bones fueling requirements or go piggy back injector and timing control.

900k for a 5? thats a real good price if you can get one, market price is still 1.2m afaik. and its hard to find a one that hasn't seen track duty, because most people who have them take them and abuse them on subic or BRC.

If 4wd is not a prrority, an eclipse is the next best thing

900k for a 5? thats a real good price if you can get one, market price is still 1.2m afaik. and its hard to find a one that hasn't seen track duty, because most people who have them take them and abuse them on subic or BRC.

If 4wd is not a prrority, an eclipse is the next best thing

I know someone selling a 6 for 940k. white 17 inch OZ wheels, HKS BOV. Another one, a 4 uprgraded to a 5 body kit for 920k. I agree with you that its hard to find an evo that hasn't seen the track, actually its probably impossible to find one and the person telling you he just uses it every sunday to go to mass is lying. But there are a lot of evo 5 and 6 around that are in very, very good condition..

1.2m for a 5 is a little expensive by the way. market value of evo's are not so high here because only the pure enthusiast of the evo will buy it, most will rather get a bmw or other 2 door sports car.

thouroughly check the 6, the OZ wheels should be stock, check the brake discs to see if they need refacing even if they are brembos, I doubt the ony upgrade is the HKS BOV, the exhuast is usually one fo the first to go and of course the clutch.

I'd stay away from the 4 converted to 5 look

thouroughly check the 6, the OZ wheels should be stock, check the brake discs to see if they need refacing even if they are brembos, I doubt the ony upgrade is the HKS BOV, the exhuast is usually one fo the first to go and of course the clutch.

I'd stay away from the 4 converted to 5 look

there were other mods but the owner took them all away and the HKS bov is the only thing remaining. yes the 4 converted to 5 is not in A condition. it was repainted to yellow and the painting was not so good. had they retained it in 4 trim and the stock white it would probably been sold by now.

how's the ride?

personal opinion re this car, i like the tail and part of the interior.. but i hate the hood... looks like an oversized honda city... driving vision gets affected with its massive protruding hood.

just my 2 cent