The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

i want one especially the automatic s model. It lacks some of the bells and whistles of some other cars but the features built in  are top notch

I totally agree with you. The automatic model under honda civic is really top notch. You cannot

ask for more. I totally enjoy the automatic. Even when going uphills when you use the lower gear

under the automatic is is unbelievable. I didn't know that driving can be so smooth under

automatic. It doesn't lack any power at all. The car powers according the the pressing of

the accelerator.

guys,  angat ko lang.. i'm considering to buy kasi the 1.8S.  need more inputs.

The new 2006 8th gen civic comes in 1.8L and 2.0L versions. The 1.8L is the R18 and the 2.0L is the K20 ( which is basically the same as the 2003-present CRV ). Both are labeled i-VTEC but the i-VTEC system of the new 1.8L civic is completely different! In the sense that the new 1.8L civic i-VTEC system gives you more fuel economy than power unlike the 2.0L K20 i-Vtec.

It gets its additional power from the 1.8L displacement, plus other engine technological innovations that reduces friction, weight, and complex electronics of the engine. Thats why Honda called it " the power of a 2.0L with the economy of the 1.6L". Also, it gives you less engine vibration because of the new design and characteristic of the engine mounting system that uses torque rods. You can compare the engine vibration and noise of the R18 to the K20 equipped CRV or Accord and feel the difference.

Plus the automatic transmission is a 5speed forward + 1 reverse with close gear ratio for better acceleration and power, and its weight and size is reduced. The manual tranny also is another innovation because of its short synchronizer stroke, that gives you a shifting feeling of a high end sports car.

The front suspension is much like the older design, McPherson strut, but it uses a newly designed coil spring and good caster angle (like high end sports car)for better handling and cornering even at high speed. The rear suspension is a double wishbone design with trailing arm but uses aluminum hub for weight reduction and better ride feel. Wheel to arch clearance ( distance between the tires and the lower fender arch ) is reduced to give it a sporty look (plus the tire and wheel sizes were increased).

Comes standard with driver and passenger airbag with seatbelt tensioner, ABS plus EBD.

The interior specially the dashboard, instrument panel are new because of the two display panel with blue dials. This is designed with safety in mind.

Other noise reduction technologies were employed to reduce interior noise.

It also comes with immobilizer, anti theft, keyless entry system for better security. The airconditioning panels are also easy to use and the high end models come with a dual zone climate control.

I am driving the 2006 civic since december and i find it better than the previous model of civic. For those people who were not impressed with the new 2006 civic, i think that you better test drive one in you local dealer to see and feel the difference from other makes especially the materials used in the interior. Also feel the ride comfort and the less cabin vibration and noise, and the A/T shft feel ( with the A/T, because AT equipped cars are more prone to vibration esp when you are applying brakes while in D ).

Frankly speaking, it is more quiet than the Accord.

I hope that info above helps.......

The new 2006 8th gen civic comes in 1.8L and 2.0L versions. The 1.8L is the R18 and the 2.0L is the K20 ( which is basically the same as the 2003-present CRV ). Both are labeled i-VTEC but the i-VTEC system of the new 1.8L civic is completely different! In the sense that the new 1.8L civic i-VTEC system gives you more fuel economy than power unlike the 2.0L K20 i-Vtec.

It gets its additional power from the 1.8L displacement, plus other engine technological innovations that reduces friction, weight, and complex electronics of the engine. Thats why Honda called it " the power of a 2.0L with the economy of the 1.6L". Also, it gives you less engine vibration because of the new design and characteristic of the engine mounting system that uses torque rods. You can compare the engine vibration and noise  of the R18 to the K20 equipped CRV or Accord and feel the difference.

Plus the automatic transmission is a 5speed forward + 1 reverse with close gear ratio for better acceleration and power, and its weight and size is reduced. The manual tranny also is another innovation because of its short synchronizer stroke, that gives you a shifting feeling of a high end sports car.

The front suspension is much like the older design, McPherson strut, but it uses a newly designed coil spring  and good caster angle (like high end sports car)for better handling and cornering even at high speed. The rear suspension is a double wishbone design with trailing arm but uses aluminum hub for weight reduction and better ride feel. Wheel to arch clearance ( distance between the tires and the lower fender arch ) is reduced to give it a sporty look (plus the tire and wheel sizes were increased).

Comes standard with driver and passenger airbag with seatbelt tensioner, ABS plus EBD.

The interior specially the dashboard, instrument panel are new because of the two display panel with blue dials. This is designed with safety in mind.

Other noise reduction technologies were employed to reduce interior noise.

It also comes with immobilizer, anti theft, keyless entry system for better security. The airconditioning panels are also easy to use and the high end models come with a dual zone climate control.

I am driving the 2006 civic since december and i find it better than the previous model of civic. For those people who were not impressed with the new 2006 civic, i think that you better test drive one in you local dealer to see and feel the difference from other makes especially the materials used in the interior. Also feel the ride comfort and the less cabin vibration and noise, and the A/T shft feel ( with the A/T, because AT equipped cars are more prone to vibration esp when you are applying brakes while in D ).

Frankly speaking, it is more quiet than the Accord.

I hope that info above helps.......

wow that is an insightful piece of information. Can you give us more information concerning the

2.0sl. I would appreciate that a lot

Guest buru_tus
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/il/news/2005/1122/zinger2.500.jpgJust wish they chose another name...

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/il/news/2005/1122/zinger1.500.jpg

Couldn't Mitsubishi have picked a better name? "Zinger"?! Terrible.

Reminds me of KFC

Hehehe, Zinger, just like KFC's sandwich.

Reminds me of other cars that sounded odd.

Chevy Nova sounds okay to others but it doesnt sound good to buyers in Mexico. To the Mexicans, Nova means "No Go"

hehehehe

would that be for dine here or to go?!!!!!

hehehehehehehe!!!

MONTERO, PAJERO, GRANDIS, SPACE WAGON, LANCER, COLT, GALANT

Mistubishi's Model Names exude bruteness!!!!!

with Zinger, spiceness????

hahahahahahahaha!!!