Why do guys hurt women physically?

What if the woman is the one dishing out the violence? is it normal? Is it also nurture vs. nature? I have to ask since i was the offended party in the past hehehe.

Here's a list of things i had to endure from my exes:

1. Natadyakan habang bumababa ng jeep

2. Hinampas ng payong

3. Binato ng starbucks na mug (stainless, matibay sya ndi nasira)

4. Hinampas ng starbucks na mug (nasira sya, finally).

5. Binato ng controller ng playstation

Taking this as an example. How many men would come out and state this. BTW applauding you bro for sharing.

Let me set example and this will yield the same result which in turn will prove that the society is biased.

1. If the man is hurt by the woman. It is ok. Babae naman ang nanakit. Nakakahiya sa part ng lalake kasi pinapayagan nya na saktan sya. So? gaganti sya?

2. The man hurts the woman. This generally is unacceptable. Yung lalake , tatawanging bading. Yung babae , kakaawaan kakampihan. Now compare this to scenario one.

Any of the two scenarios mas lamang ang babae.

Nagging could be one reason. Kung napikon then wag mo asarin, lulubusin mo ba pasensya?

Comminication and understanding is the key.

Do I induce pain? yes, and I like it.

If someone hits, then there is a reason. balik lang siguro yung mananakit na walang dahilan.

• 2 months later...

I hate guys like this. Men should always treat a lady with respect kahit na dumating ka sa breaking point mo. Us men should be protecting our lady, not hurting them.

Anyway, answering your question.

I think the two big factors are,

1. Men don't like to be dominated by others and some don't know how to handle themselves when in rage.

2. Wrong upbringing (Mostly caused by the environment they lived-in)

The minor factors have something to do with their genes and blood

Nangyari na to sa akin... pero more of dahil ang tigas nung dalawa kong ex... with my wife??? Never lifted a finger on her... nagaaway kami pero walang physical contact other than hug... she's older than me by 3 years... at yung nasaktan ko... younger than 4 - 5 years sa akin... part din i think most guys immature, non confrontational... at yes i agree din na yung iba kasi walang outlet... kahit konting something new lang will do to release tension lalo na after work... yan ang pinaka mabigat na burden na dala natin yung jobs tapos meron pa matigas ang ulo... ayun na sasabog na...

• 2 weeks later...

Men hurt women because they are f#&ktards who need to use physical harm to make themselves feel more superior. This means that they are insecure whiny sons of bitches who most likely suck in bed and have small penises.

Some are just retards.

Some grew up in a violent home life.

At the end of the day, just always remember that when a guy hits you once, IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.

Your funeral if you stay.

Men hurt women because they are f#&ktards who need to use physical harm to make themselves feel more superior. This means that they are insecure whiny sons of bitches who most likely suck in bed and have small penises.

Some are just retards.

Some grew up in a violent home life.

At the end of the day, just always remember that when a guy hits you once, IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.

Your funeral if you stay.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It could also be a trait learned from parents. I have a cousin who hit his wife, and I remember that when we were kids his parents used to fight violently. I personally didn't see it but we heard the sounds emanating from the bedroom.

They say we become our parents when we grow up? There's truth in that. My family is thankfully violence free but my dad has a temper sometimes. To him he doesn't know any other way of dealing with the difficulties of life, so he lets loose. Besides EQ wasn't really a big thing when he was growing up. Then when I get mad I catch myself becoming mad like him, and I stop myself because I know better.

It's inexcusable to hit someone you claim to love. But the solution may not lie in beating them up (although it might feel good). Sometimes it helps to understand first why he would resort to violence to deal with things.

Nangyayari ito kahit sa mga lalaki, sinasaktan sila (physically, mentally, psychologically, verbally) ng babae. Dapat as a society baguhin natin yung mentality na "hindi dapat sinasaktan ang babae", "nirerespeto dapat ang babae", "duwag ang lalaking nananakit sa babae". Why? Some women (not all) either consciously or unconsciously uses these logic para maramdaman nila na they are supreme or may authority sila over men. Nagkakaroon ng dangerous precedent (and it is well documented) na nagkakaroon ng degree of being "untouchable" ang mga babae sa pananaw ng lipunan at mata ng batas simply because "babae" sila, without looking into what they did AS human beings. Dito sa Pilipinas, kapag ang lalaki ang nanakit ng babae, VAWC ang katapat. Pero kapag babae ang nanakit, sa pagkakaalam ko, somewhat general ang mga batas na applicable dito (kung sino nakakaalam, please specify).

Abuse in all forms is bad. But we have to remember there is such a thing as "reactive abuse". This is a kind of abuse that was done in response to the abuse the victim is receiving. There are reasons bakit nagagawa ng isang tao ang ginawa niya, regardless of their gender.

Dapat as a society we believe that "hindi dapat sinasaktan ANG KAPWA MO", "nirerespeto dapat ANG KAPWA MO", at "duwag ang taong nanakit SA KANYANG KAPWA". These are the values I want to instill to my children. Kung ang lalaking anak ko ay sinapak ang isang babae IN RESPONSE sa pananapak ng babae, so be it. I support it the same way I'll support my son if what he did is in response to what his male friend/colleague did to him. Pero hindi ko palalagpasin kung anak ko (babae o lalaki) ang nagsimula ng away o pananakit.

I believe in equality. Kayang gawin ng mga babae ang kayang gawin ng mga lalaki. With this in mind, kung kayang manakit ng mga babae ay kaya rin manakit ng mga lalaki AND VICE VERSA.

HINDI KA DAPAT NANAKIT NG KAPWA MO DAHIL ALAM MONG MAKAKATAKAS KA SA GINAWA MO. ISA NA RITO AY ANG PAGIGING BABAE. DAHIL HINDI KA DAPAT NANANAKIT NG KAPWA MO IN THE FIRST PLACE KAHIT ANO PA MAN ANG KASARIAN MO.

• 3 weeks later...

most of the guys really do that

sad that there is that belief.

personally, di dapat, walang dahilang tama, unless self-defense na sasaktan ka rin.

pero even then, defense lang, calibrated offense as much as possible, or better yet subdue.

puwedeng mainis, sumigaw, magdabog, magalit, at umalis.

wag namang mananakit ng babae