Why do guys hurt women physically?

history.,., maybe he have seen violence happening in the family while he was growing up.

but i wont based it on that alone cause i know d lahat ng lalake nananakit ng babae kahit may violence silang nakita. maybe it also depends sa tao mismo, like how he feels whenever he hits a woman, maybe he wanted to be dominant in a way that the woman would fear him...

• 4 weeks later...

I think its more like getting back at their moms somewhat...

We can't really tell if a man is a true gentleman, only the liquor would be the judge. I actually know someone who is a gentleman but a lousy drunk, he hits his girlfriend so bad and has amnesia in the morning...

I think its more like getting back at their moms somewhat...

We can't really tell if a man is a true gentleman, only the liquor would be the judge. I actually know someone who is a gentleman but a lousy drunk, he hits his girlfriend so bad and has amnesia in the morning...

In my case, not really. I hesitantly say i could have a better mom but growing up, i see my dad still respecting and being patient and understanding with her all the time. At least in front of me and my siblings. There are times that i would blame my mom on terrible things that happened to me. But still i could not blame or introduced that stuck up anger on other women.

• 3 weeks later...

napunta rin ako sa sitwasyon na sinasaktan , hindi ko alam kung bakit pero cguro nakalakihan nya na manakit , late ko na rin nalaman na yun yung cause of break up nila nung EX niya , guys kung mahal niyo tlga kmeng mga babae ni daliri ng kamay niyo di niyo idadapo smen , may kasalanan man o wala. RESPETO mo nlang kung may Nanay ,Ate , Nakababata/Pinsang babae ka nuh , mahiya ka nman ! Mas matatawag ko pa kayong bakla kesa sa mga lalaking nagpaka.pusong babae lang !!

P.S:Literal na nagsuntukan kme at sa sobrang gigil niya nasakal niya ako ang dahilan ? NAPIKON LANG SIYA SA PANG-AASAR KO !

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is high time we this is said. For the record, I am against domestic violence of any nature.

Regardless whether you are a man or a woman, I think it is utterly ludicrous to claim that there is no reason to to hit/hurt someone. Really? No reason?

You're a guy working as an OFW sending your pay to your wife and after two years you find out she shacked up with another man and you still have to finish paying for the house, that you can no longer live in. I a not saying you should, but that is a solid reason to smack someone.

Another example, a woman gives up a career to start a family with her hubby and after a year or so she finds out he is cheating on her with career women while she is pregnant at home. She has a reason to hit him, but I am not saying she should.

The point I am trying to put across is that this question is way too broad to be addressed with a single response.

A lot of women tend to have double standards when it comes to this: they say, if you have hurt her it is okay if she smacks you because she is a woman. However a man is not granted the same exception. Ironically, these are also the same women who advocate for equality.

As adults, we should know that if we strike/hurt anyone there are consequences - that person can then strike you back and whether a you are a man or a woman that is the price you pay for initiating violence.

Ladies, don't get violent when upset, you may not like the outcome.

We tend to overthink the reasons why people resort to such actions, in most cases it is just a case of someone getting fed up.

I know many people who have hit or been hit by their partners, most of them just did so out of anger and the "victims'' later admitted that they had sincerely done something that greatly angered their partner.

Funny how the definitions of a man are mostly created by women. It does not make you less of a man if you smack a woman after she has smacked you, however bullying/beating up a woman simply because you know you can is despicable and shameful.

If you have to strike a woman in self defense, I see no problem with that because a lot of woman tend to take advantage of the idea that women get a pass when they are violent. Such women then get carried away and become abusive until they are set straight.

Have I smacked a woman before? Yes, quite a few. This only happened after they got violent with me, they smacked me and when I smacked them back telling them I had no problem smacking them, the violence ended there. Some times, people cannot be talked to unless they know you can also return fire. Even in war, a ceasefire is only reached by parties that are aware that each can inflict damage on the other.

Now for those who may start spewing the usual rhetoric; I am very secure, I grew up right and I have no problem getting women. I just don't tolerate double standards, that is all.

• 2 weeks later...

Some men just have a fragile ego. Sanay na nakukuha nila yung gusto nila or "in control" sila in certain situations. It is mostly because of upbringing and parenting. But sometimes di sila victims of domestic abuse, some are just spoiled rotten. To the core. They need to let go of their ego and accept that they're not in control of a relationship, and can respect a girl when she says "no".

I was supposed to react on the 'fragile ego' at the start but when I read on and you expounded, I agreed to your points.

It's the power that's consuming them and they want to control anyone or anything at their volition or will.

On the contrary, a damaged ego can cower someone and send them feeling away. These guys don't back down and takes it on - fight or flight tendencies. I see them as someone who wants to preserve their ego and licks on it.

• 5 weeks later...

usually because women cant shut up. if you have something just write it down. rather than be angry and blabber, write a letter, make us understand, lets be partners, not you becoming the God of War and i'm just a lifeless zombie that you use the gauntlet of hercules to wallop me or throw zeus lighting bolt at. kausapin mo ako ng maayos. tao din kaming mga guys. treat us with respect.