Why do guys hurt women physically?

Hey,

a nice lady friend of mine brought up a shocking topic...

his 10th month old boyfriend would hurt him physically, everytime they talked on different issues.

Tell me why do some guys would lift their strong hands at delicate women?

( When I met the guy, ...I "Knocked" his head off and make him realized that a woman should be well taken cared of, treated well with utmost respect, and pampered. )

though I believe in the afterlife, why? why do men hurt women physically?

please kindly share your thoughts my fellow brother....

such men definitely have issues,,,

psychologically speaking, could be because of displacement,,,

meaning that they

displace or redirect their aggression towards

people or things who won't retaliate [women],,,

or could also be because of machismo, egoism or dominion,,,

some men feel very powerful whenever they hit their

ladies,,, it just gives them this, "i own you therefore i

can hit you" feeling,,, <_<

thus, this makes them low life cowards,

jerks and assholes who need to get some therapy,

extreme counseling and of course, some time in jail,,, <_<

MEN or even WOMEN have to go through anger management training

yes i agree,, :huh:

but then again,,, it's much harder being abused just because

you're a woman,,, if you're going to check with

the victims of battery or even rape, and if you're going

to speak with those who are being helped by the Women Against Violence

organization, then you'd thank God that you're much much fortunte than these

people,,, <_<

These so called "men" have trouble venting out their anger. Choosing women as easy targets. I have known women who take this kind of crap from so called "men". What's really sad is they somehow think it's their fault (which is truly sad). These punks won't even stand up to a fight against other guys so they beat up their wives or girlfriends. These guys are pathethic they really ned professional help. <_< :angry:

These so called "men" have trouble venting out their anger. Choosing women as easy targets. I have known women who take this kind of crap from so called "men". What's really sad is they somehow think it's their fault (which is truly sad). These punks won't even stand up to a fight against other guys so they beat up their wives or girlfriends. These guys are pathethic they really ned professional help. <_< :angry:

i agree with you there...but instead of professional help...these guys need to be treated the way micheal corleone treated his brother in law...(godfather buffs can enlighten the rest)

Because these men are cowards. Who else would hit defenseless women? They can't hold their own against other men so they take it out on women. I agree with ganjaman, men like these should have the crap beaten out of them in public.

Btw, it was Sonny Corlenoe who beat the crap out of Connie's husband (Carlo). Michael killed Carlo for setting up the hit on Sonny. :)

• 3 months later...
Guest takenbyjo

My ex hubby would hurt me when he gets frustrated. Pag ndi nya na alam what to do or to get his way. It was only 3x but it was more than enough to knock some sense into me, pun intended. I also realized, pag kaya ka na nyang saktan ng physical, wala na syang respeto sayo. Pag wala na syang respeto sayo, time to pack and leave.

it was Sonny Corlenoe who beat the crap out of Connie's husband (Carlo). Michael killed Carlo for setting up the hit on Sonny. :)

Loved that scene! :thumbsupsmiley: Reason why people still call James Caan "Sonny" wherever he goes. His character wasn't much of anything for most of the movie, but that one scene was a classic.

------------------

As I was giving permission for my (now) brother in law to marry my sister, I just told him one thing. If he gambles, drinks, womanizes or whatever and my sister fights with him, I don't care, that's THEIR problem. However, once he physically hurts her, then that becomes MY PROBLEM. I don't even want to hear whose fault it is. It does not matter. I've had crazy GFs. I've never hit any of them. My mom was an extreme nag, my dad never laid an angry hand on her.

My sister is the youngest with four older brothers and one tough SOB cop for a father. No one has ever hit her in her entire life. And we are not about to let him be the first one. If ever that happens, I told him, feel lucky that I have first dibs on fighting him. I am the worst fighter in the family. My brother would k*ll him. I'd be happy to leave him with a limp.

My now brother in law, even now, knows I meant it. He is the eldest brother himself, with three younger sisters. So he knows how we older brothers feel about that. :)

Nothing wrong with a butt spanking if the woman is bad, just the butt with the palm of the hand though, no marks...

i lurve this reply. n i find this cute rin.hehehe :D

about the thread, it is NEVER RIGHT to hurt women, so as to HURT THEM by beating.. anything actually,

including physically, emotionally, and verbally.

cuz we deserve to be loved, to be nurtured, and to be given importance. :)

ang mga lalakeng nananakit ng mga babae, is more like an animal na hindi marunong

magmahal ng mga importanteng babae sa buhay nila. imagine naiisip nlang manakit,

ng hindi nila naiisip na may nanay, kapatid o kahit sinong malapit na babae sila sa buhay nila?

dbale, may karma dyan. -_-

ang mga lalake rin na walang alam saktan kundi babae, is like gays. hindi sila naghahanap ng

katapat nila, but rather will find innocent ladies para pagdiskitahan. :)

SA MGA LALAKE:

lalo ung mga may asawa dyan at mahilig mambugbog..

ang mga mukha namen, hindi punching bag... ang ears namen,

hindi para makarinig ng mga mura nyo, ang katawan namen,

hindi basta gagamitin, lalo na kung labag yon sa gusto namen.

we are made by God to be your forever companion, we are God's

child, treated equally, we are Gods little princess.. iningatan nya kame

para sa pagdating ng time na mameet nyo kame, maayos kameng haharap

sainyo. :)

kaya iingatan nyo rin kame tulad ng time na ipagkatiwala nya kame sainyo :)

As cliche as this sounds but the reason why this happens is that men see women as the weaker beings. Anyone who could feel that they see someone na mas matataasan nila, iuunder ng iuunder nila ung tao na un hanggang nagpapa-under yung tao na yun.. it just so happens na sa situation na to babae ung nagpapa under. Ang dahilan naman ni girl e mahal nya si lalaki kaya hinahayaan nya nalang hoping the guy would change. but really, he wont do so unless magpakita ng changes ung lalaki.

May time dn na magbabago ung babae tapos lalong magwawala yung lalaki. Sign of bigger insecurity yun sa side ng guy kasi alam na nya na hindi nya na mauunder si girl kaya gagawa sya ng desperate measure. ayun. la lang. hehe

Men gets physical when women is constantly attacking him emotionally. By this I mean women who nags and attack his manhood, saying things like being a good for nothing bum who cant do anything right, not measuring up, etc. These are pressures you put inside the emotional balloon in a mans head and eventually it will pop!

That's a lousy reason. In fact, there is no rational reason to use violence in a relationship anytime.

The thing is, bruises improve and cuts heal.

Unfortunately, a lot petty issues evolve into full blown problems. You turn your back away and act as if nothing happened instead of talking things out for fear of blowing things up.

You think you're getting away with it, then it happens over and over again.

You may not lay a finger on your partner but emotional abuse cuts deeper wounds and takes longer time to heal, if ever they get healed at all.

Men gets physical when women is constantly attacking him emotionally. By this I mean women who nags and attack his manhood, saying things like being a good for nothing bum who cant do anything right, not measuring up, etc. These are pressures you put inside the emotional balloon in a mans head and eventually it will pop!

There are many reasons why men hurt women and not one of them is good enough.

Provoked with a verbal assault? Most people are subjected to that same stimulus but many will choose non-violence as a response.

Let us assume that your mom or your boss verbally abuses you. Will you go on a Pacquiao mode? Will your first instinct be to smack her in the face? Or will you quietly and meekly take that punishment?

I have a female staffmember whose husband is perceived as a mild-mannered gentleman. But bruises don't lie and she's been confiding that he's beating her up. He started with erasing her self-confidence, then progressed to occassional taps to the head, to using his belt to beat her up. Now my staff is a shadow of her old pretty self, quietly enduring the hurt and hoping the guy will have an epiphany and change.

The thing is, a man who hurts a woman thinks he owns her: that she should quietly bear his violence, that any defiance perceived or otherwise will merit her pain.

I have lots of patience, but none for the man who beats up a woman.

Only in self-defense because my life is in clear, present & grave danger.

Oh not even that my friend!

I was caught by my GF flirting with the waitress in some bar. When we checked into a motel, she really wanted to fight me. But I was too drunk and sleepy. So I told her that we should talk about it in the morning. She took a knife (butter knife :D) and threatened she would k*ll me in my sleep. I just smiled, shrugged it off and said "go ahead". Then I slept. No woman can hurt me with a butter knife... not even in my sleep. It might sound a little condescending to women (and I apologize), but no. I am too secure in with MANHOOD to ever feel physically threatened by a woman.

Edited by skitz
Oh not even that my friend!

I was caught by my GF flirting with the waitress in some bar. When we checked into a motel, she really wanted to fight me. But I was too drunk and sleepy. So I told her that we should talk about it in the morning. She took a knife (butter knife :D) and threatened she would k*ll me in my sleep. I just smiled, shrugged it off and said "go ahead". Then I slept. No woman can hurt me with a butter knife... not even in my sleep. It might sound a little condescending to women (and I apologize), but no. I am too secure in with MANHOOD to ever feel physically threatened by a woman.

she might not stab you, but butter knives can sometimes slice hotdogs you know. :D

I have lots of patience, but none for the man who beats up a woman.

and I have none, likewise, for the woman who continues to tolerate such acts.

cut the crap about love and the kids and being trapped and all.

there is a choice. always.

it's just like cancer - either you stop the cycle abruptly and get repairs, therefore abort the mutation....

or you continue with the cycle and allow the darn mutated cells to proliferate.

some may blame the guy alone.

he should be.

i blame both.

she might not stab you, but butter knives can sometimes slice hotdogs you know. :D

OUCH!

But no, seriously. If ever a woman decides to take a knife to my manhood it can only mean that I deserved it. I don't date freak-o chicks as a general rule. Some might slip through the cracks (standards are lowered on late night drunken prowls), but these crazy chicks are dumped right away. My GFs are pretty stable (as stable as chicks can be :)). So no. I don't fear going the way of John Wayne Bobbit. I am NOT as big an assh*le as he was. Think about it, he DID deserve it (to some degree).