6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

guys,

nagcreate ako bago email para lang makasali sa ibang public league. hehe..

eto lineup ko.. pakiassess nga po. thanks.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/jon_us172/TeamPilipinasdraft06.jpg

the guards are the plus that you have.... having j-kidd at pg, wade at sg and andre miller at g will definately make u a top assist team in your league.... though u lack bigs.... try to grab some help on that category without loosing your big 3 guards... :thumbsupsmiley:

whew...nakakapagod mag back read...

ok lang ako sa draft ko...though i may be in for a big disappointment...medyo hindi talaga marunong pa mag draft ng h2h

yeah felton was early though i was scrambling for a matinong pg..

can someone help me out with my team

all i know is that my first 3 picks were injury picks hehehe

add bogut and hill to them...

whew...nakakapagod mag back read...

ok lang ako sa draft ko...though i may be in for a big disappointment...medyo hindi talaga marunong pa mag draft ng h2h

yeah felton was early though i was scrambling for a matinong pg..

can someone help me out with my team

all i know is that my first 3 picks were injury picks hehehe

add bogut and hill to them...

Guards:

Solid guards who dishes the ball... though i am kinda scared by the way they shoot the ball... you have 3 guards who shoots below 40.... you have 3 who shoots below 70 on the FT... and the point production is not as good as some other teams... i think you need to improve on this aspect of your team...

Forwards:

This is your strong point... you are locked to top the league in blocks... with ak47, td and wallace you will be able to hold off on that aspect of the team.... offensively you only have td and ak47 scoring more that 1000 points in the season... need help there.... rebounds should be solid for you as well.... along with steals...

Centers:

Solid enough... with Przybilla providing blocks.... you also have an up and coming center in bogut and and you can switch td here as well...

Overall:

A lot of injury risks players in the team... but if all is healthy... i can see them compete... goodluck

Point Guard Rankings

By Matt Buser

October 23, 2006

Over the course of the week, I will be ranking the top 40 players at each position in fantasy basketball – to come: shooting guards (10/24), small forwards (10/25), power forwards (10/26), centers (10/27) – while also calling out the sleepers and busts.

I will start my rankings week with talk about the top 40 players with eligibility at point guard in the Yahoo! fantasy game:

FANTASY BASKETBALL PLAYER RANKINGS – POINT GUARDS

RANK PLAYER ELIG TEAM

1 Gilbert Arenas PG WAS

2 Dwyane Wade G MIA

3 Chris Paul PG NO

4 Chauncey Billups PG DET

5 Allen Iverson PG PHI

6 Steve Nash PG PHO

7 Jason Kidd PG NJ

8 Mike Bibby PG SAC

9 Joe Johnson G ATL

10 Jason Terry PG DAL

11 Stephon Marbury PG NY

12 Kirk Hinrich G CHI

13 Mike James PG MIN

14 Jameer Nelson PG ORL

15 Raymond Felton PG CHA

16 Andre Miller PG DEN

17 Baron Davis PG GS

18 Deron Williams PG UTA

19 Mo Williams PG MIL

20 Ben Gordon G CHI

21 Luke Ridnour PG SEA

22 Speedy Claxton PG ATL

23 Brandon Roy G POR

24 Tony Parker PG SA

25 Randy Foye G MIN

26 Rafer Alston PG HOU

27 Delonte West G BOS

28 T.J. Ford PG TOR

29 Sam Cassell PG LAC

30 Earl Watson PG SEA

31 Brevin Knight PG CHA

32 Steve Francis G NY

33 Smush Parker PG LAL

34 Jason Williams PG MIA

35 Shaun Livingston PG LAC

36 Damon Stoudamire PG MEM

37 Sebastian Telfair PG BOS

38 Derek Fisher PG UTA

39 Jarrett Jack PG POR

40 Monta Ellis PG GSW

Arenas is the best fantasy player at the position, but 5-6 assists isn't enough from your PG1. You will definitely need to supplement his numbers with plus-assist players at non-guard positions or consider drafting up to four point guards total

Wade's eligibility at either guard position makes him that much more attractive as a fantasy player. His lack of threes and high turnovers will set the tone for the rest of your draft, however

Paul, of course, was a revelation in his rookie season, and he was actually better after the All-Star break than before it. He made up for below-average threes by leading the league in total steals and finishing third on a per-game basis

Billups is ahead of the Iverson-Nash-Kidd cluster because he has a legitimate chance to improve on last season's numbers during his second season in the Flip Saunders system. And, unlike the other three, there isn't any talk of questionable team situations, the potential for fewer minutes played, and/or any health concerns

Iverson is coming off, arguably, his best season. But his ever-tenuous availability scares me, as does Chris Webber's, as does their tumultuous team situation, so it's hard for me not to expect some sort of drop-off

Nash has said that he doesn't expect or want to play fewer regular-season minutes this season, but I'd be surprised if he didn't. Last season, he played 36.8 per game before the break and 32.7 per game after. I don't expect his per-minute production to wane, however, regardless of what percent capacity Amare Stoudemire is playing at

Kidd is still great, but his scoring average has dropped in three straight seasons and his pluses and deficiencies are clearly delineated. The Nets will also give Marcus Williams minutes as soon as he is ready in an attempt to keep the 33-year-old Kidd fresh for a title run

Bibby is a great consolation if you miss out on one of the top-tier point guards, but you will need to supplement his assists later in the draft. His recent thumb injury needs to be tracked

Johnson and Terry will both be playing more shooting guard than point guard this season. Johnson will no doubt fill up the stat-sheets this season, but the specifics are a bit in question. Terry is incredibly efficient on offense, but his overall line leaves a bit to be desired

Remember where Marbury was being drafted two and three seasons ago? He could be the steal of just about every draft if "Starbury" really does make a return

Projections for James' follow-up to last season's career numbers have led to heated debates. His scoring will take a hit, but I expect most of his numbers to hold fairly steady

SLEEPER: Jameer Nelson has the potential to turn a team into a real contender. He's being drafted, on average, in the 7th round, where a 16/6 line with one-plus steal and three and sparkling percentages is quite a bargain

I tend to be more conservative than most, but Davis is a player I could never draft, almost regardless of where he was available. The reasoning: his percentages and his games-played totals

SLEEPER: To this point, Mo Williams is either being drafted in Rounds 12-13 or not at all in Yahoo! leagues. A line of 12 points, five assists, a three and a steal isn't exactly waiver fodder

Gordon has the eligibility, but using his offense-only numbers in the PG slot on your roster won't help your team much in the standings

Ridnour is a good fantasy point guard, but his time-share with Watson makes me more wary by the day

Roy and Foye are both being drafted in late Round 6, which is about right. Neither is going to carry a fantasy team, but both should be steady overall contributors

BUST: Tony Parker is the prototypical case of real-life value trumping fantasy value. His positive effects on FG percentage and points are great, but his contributions end there. He'll give you no threes, little defense, high turnovers that offset average-ish assists, and a poor FT percentage. No, thanks

Given Telfair's track record and the condition of Wally Szczerbiak's knee, West should see plenty of action this season, even as a reserve

Ford is another player who has a solid backing while not delivering a very good fantasy line overall. The new offense in Toronto could change the latter

BUST: Sam Cassell had a great '05-'06 season, reminiscent of his '03-'04 campaign with the Timberwolves. With injuries already limiting him in the preseason and Livingston clearly the future of the Clippers, my money is on Cassell's '06-'07 season resembling his disappointing '04-'05 season with the Timberwolves

If Knight gets healthy and gets traded, he makes a significant move up the list. How have the Pacers not traded for this guy?

Francis should start for Isiah Thomas and is worth a late-round flyer on draft day. Early-season Knicks box scores are, once again, going to be of particular interest to fantasy owners this season

Smush is a very good late-round pick for steals and threes

Derek Fisher should see playing time at both guard positions in Utah, but doesn't figure to match last season's production

Jack will start at point guard, but his game is not fantasy-friendly

Ellis moves up and down the list while B-Diddy moves on and off Golden State's inactive list.

Matt Buser is a Yahoo! Sports fantasy expert. Send Matt a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

---------------------------------

Ouch. My two lowly ranked pgs. My other pg (Rondo) isnt even ranked. :cry: I guess I should trade for a pg instead of a center.

Edited by agentjackbauer

cheese,

Why didnt you raise this matter before the draft? Bakit ngayon lang?

The fantasy nba regular season is composed of 24 head-to-head match-ups, including the play-offs if your team goes all the way to the final round. With the present 60 waiver moves, a team would have two (2) waiver moves per match-up. Actually, there are only 21 regular season match-ups (exclusive of te playoffs), so may mga weeks na pwede ka pang 3 waiver moves per week. Isnt that enough?

Anyway, para wala kang masabi, if you can get majority of the managers to vote for your motion before the season begins, then sige, ibalik natin sa dati.

Motion: Ibalik sa 75 ang waiver moves

Tally

Yes: 1 vote (cheeselogger's)

Edited by agentjackbauer
Don't worry commish, may potential naman si Rondo.. Malay mo mainjured PG ng Celtics dba? hehe.. (peace lang po kung meron man may-ari kay Delonte :P)

loko, bata ko si West..... :grr: :boo:

good thing this year hindi name-mention sa top teams ang team ko unlike last year, kaya ata nausog!! :boo:

regarding sa voting, ill vote tomorrow, pag isipan ko muna yan... :)

Sorry mga bro, di ko pa rin makuha ano nga pala ang waiver? Bakit ako may 10 waivers na kaagad. Could someone care to explain this to me. Thanks in advance!

The 10 across your team name does not pertain to your waiver moves. Look again. It pertains to your waiver priority. You are 10th on the waiver priority when it comes to picking a player from the pool. This matters especially when a lot of teams want the same player. If you havent picked a player from the FA pool, then your waiver moves should be zero (0) pa lang.Ang pinagbobotohan natin ay kung ilang beses pwede kumuha ng players from the FA pool.

The 10 across your team name does not pertain to your waiver moves. Look again. It pertains to your waiver priority. You are 10th on the waiver priority when it comes to picking a player from the pool. This matters especially when a lot of teams want the same player. If you havent picked a player from the FA pool, then your waiver moves should be zero (0) pa lang.Ang pinagbobotohan natin ay kung ilang beses pwede kumuha ng players from the FA pool.

Now I understand.

Thanks, as always commish!

Bad trip pang 10!

Damn!

Sorry mga bro, di ko pa rin makuha ano nga pala ang waiver? Bakit ako may 10 waivers na kaagad. Could someone care to explain this to me. Thanks in advance!

nde bro, that means na #10 ka sa waiver priority.... if ever may ma-release na player at gusto mo kunin, dapat hindi sya makuha nung first 9 players sa waiver's list...

magbabago yan pag yung ahead sa yo sa waiver's list ang nakauna dun sa player na yun or may iba syang kinuha na naka waiver pa...

cheese,

Why didnt you raise this matter before the draft? Bakit ngayon lang?

The fantasy nba regular season is composed of 24 head-to-head match-ups, including the play-offs if your team goes all the way to the final round. With the present 60 waiver moves, a team would have two (2) waiver moves per match-up. Actually, there are only 21 regular season match-ups (exclusive of te playoffs), so may mga weeks na pwede ka pang 3 waiver moves per week. Isnt that enough?

Anyway, para wala kang masabi, if you can get majority of the managers to vote for your motion before the season begins, then sige, ibalik natin sa dati.

Motion: Ibalik sa 75 ang waiver moves

Tally

Yes: 1 vote (cheeselogger's)

I vehemently am opposed to any move to change the Max Moves. 3 per week is more than enough.

To say that the season hasn't started yet is wrong. We've already drafted and some teams have already started to make roster moves. That technically starts the season coz it relates to Max Moves which we are trying to tamper.

Do I have to say it?

NO. :)

loko, bata ko si West..... :grr: :boo:

good thing this year hindi name-mention sa top teams ang team ko unlike last year, kaya ata nausog!! :boo:

regarding sa voting, ill vote tomorrow, pag isipan ko muna yan... :)

ah sayo ba si west? hehe.. sori bro didnt mean to... hehe :D

mauusog ulit yan pre.. hehe.. biro lang :P