Living Abroad Vs Living In The Philippines?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I will definitely stay in the Philippines. If I may share , I read an article entitled "Are Filipinos who don't want to migrate to Canada retarded? An intriguing question that I found it offending. Though, I should not be , since it is a just a question. Anyway, here is a portion of the article :

"It may seem a rough question, but considering the arrogance of some people who have migrated abroad as perceived by some Filipinos who stayed behind, it is begging to be asked. But not all people who migrated to other countries shared these perceived arrogance. Most are quite down to earth and knows how to struggle for a living and work with their hands. Still, there are few that have managed to forget where they come from. In the first place, they grew up in those countries so it would be quite easy to forgive them. Even so, for those who are left behind and doesn't want to go to Canada even they have the qualifications to go to, the question does need to be asked. Why do you have to stay? Are you retarded?"

Well, to answer the question, its actually of choosing what is your priority in life and what you love most. In my case, I love my country and I love my family.

ph - societal cancers still plague this country. people are never open to change their maladaptive behaviors. people choose to blame those in power while failing to see that they themselves (the majority) instill and propagate the culture of corruption (kumpa-kumpare, palakasan, kotong and hulidap, masyadong mahilig sa pera, manloloko hanggat maaari, etc)

abroad (first world countries) - high standard of living. if you're not too well off in the philippines, expect to be ghetto abroad. however a more progressive and advanced society and economy is such an attractant. also, the women. they're a lot more awesome than girls here - they're a lot more mature, empowered, open-minded, and they know what they want and more often than not are not afraid to go after it.

well thats my opinion anyway. agree or disagree, respect mine and i'll respect yours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pinas pa rin! Hay sana lumaki sahod ng nurse sa pinas para di na kailangan magabroad.

sana nga. pero kung aasa ka na itataas nila ang sahod ng nurse malabo. kung sahod nga ng ordinaryong empleado hindi mataas taas yan pang nurse. para tumaas ang sahod sa atin gawin nilang per hour ang sweldo or ipantay ang cost of living sa sweldo ng ordinaryong empleado. ok sa pinas kung financially stable ka. if you're just enjoying life ok na ok din. but of course pagka may asawa't anak ka and you're trying to make both ends meet. maiisip mong magabroad. wala naman gustong umalis sa bansa natin unfortunately limited ang opportunities sa Pinas kaya karamihan umaalis. kelangan mo rin naman isipin ang future ng family mo.

Edited by Vegasboy32