Living Abroad Vs Living In The Philippines?

here, or at least somewhere in this part of the world cause its where my roots are...

yeah as long as the compensation is at par with regional packages its not so much of a problem to live here, so far OK naman except for the level of economic growth, hindi masyadong exciting unlike hongkong and singapore. gets pretty boring.

regardless, this is where i prefer to be, where i can play a significant role, in other words, pwede ako maging importante dito :)

yep im with you tol......pero aku sahod sa abroad ipon sa pinas, then business sa pinas para lumago ang pera... :thumbsupsmiley: :headsetsmiley:

+1 dn ako dito boss..in this way kung magkaroon ka ng business dito sa pinas mggenerate ka pa ng jobs sa kapwa naten pinoys and help keep our economy rolling..

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Having lived in four cities in four different continents, I would say that living abroad has its pros and cons. Europe has culture and history tracing all the way back to the middle ages. South America has its laid back attitude where people think of the most petty events just to have a reason to party and celebrate. North America is as bland as Burger Machine ... but you can shop till your drop. Asia, of course has its natural attractions and of course we don't stand out that much. Disadvantages, once in a while we get the stare that says I'm caucasian and you are asian.

Of course, I always go back to my roots and in here I'm the king and my hard earned money overseas goes a looooooonggggg way. And yes, its much easier to do your thinking and talking in the same language.

• 2 weeks later...

living and working abroad is not a choice for me, it is a necessity. with enough money to have a comfortable life, i would go back to the phils in ahearbeat. wlang tatalo sa ganda ng mga beaches natin at sa character ng pinoy. sure maraming mga tarantado, pero ang pinoy ay liks talagang mabait at magaling, saan mn mapad-pad.

Study abroad (which means live there too). Then go back to the Philippines.

Why?

1. You bring back your experiences from abroad and help improve quality of life in the motherland. Bring the good things you learned and help implement it.

2. Personal growth. Living away from home makes you think differently and really helps you become an independent person.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Quality of life is still better in the Philippines. Kahit wala kang pera, lumabas ka lang ng bahay mo, masaya na. Try doing that in the US or any western country. If you don't have money, you will be miserable...and miserble alone.

touche man.. misleading kasi at times when we get an opportunity to travel abroad and see the sights.... and the greatest misconception of them all... california gurls.... their not wall to wall blond models... more like fat mamas...

the great thing about living in your own country... friends..

Quality of life is still better in the Philippines. Kahit wala kang pera, lumabas ka lang ng bahay mo, masaya na. Try doing that in the US or any western country. If you don't have money, you will be miserable...and miserble alone.

its all relative, depends if u qualify for welfare assistance.

e.g australia has unemployment rate of around 5%, record low.

and if u cant find a job u can claim unemployment benefits. which is low, but is around 7600p equivalent p/week.

granted cost of living is high and skilled visa hard to get.

thats maybe why family for support so important here in phils, compared to most in the west

In most western country, there is unemployment benefits naman. But that is never sufficient. Syempre, if you convert that monthly stipend to Php, malaki yun. Pero in reality and if you spend it in AUS or even in the US, kulang na kulang yan. Plus, there is no such thing as "kamag anak" in most western countries. If you don't earn your keeps, chances are you will be fending for yourself in the streets..