Living Abroad Vs Living In The Philippines?

abroad like here in singapore is just one big office, Philippines is still a place to live..

Not for me! Work hard, yes. Play hard - of course!

Good food, good wine (that's ONE benefit of living in Northern California! close to lots of good wine.).

Great parks and outdoor activities. Can be dangerous, though - I just broke a bone in my elbow falling off my bike on a steep, narrow downhill. But, it was fun anyway and as soon as I can, I'll be back on my bike on a trail somewhere....

Lots of good art - was at a local wine bar last night for an art show. Met the artist, had the complimentary wine and cheese. Not bad for a Thursday night.

Lots of places to go, people to meet, things to do.

One big office? Only if you ALLOW it to be. My personal rule #1 - Work is what I do so I can afford to go play. It's not what I am, and it's not my whole life.

Not for me! Work hard, yes. Play hard - of course!

Good food, good wine (that's ONE benefit of living in Northern California! close to lots of good wine.).

Great parks and outdoor activities. Can be dangerous, though - I just broke a bone in my elbow falling off my bike on a steep, narrow downhill. But, it was fun anyway and as soon as I can, I'll be back on my bike on a trail somewhere....

Lots of good art - was at a local wine bar last night for an art show. Met the artist, had the complimentary wine and cheese. Not bad for a Thursday night.

Lots of places to go, people to meet, things to do.

One big office? Only if you ALLOW it to be. My personal rule #1 - Work is what I do so I can afford to go play. It's not what I am, and it's not my whole life.

Amen!

I lived in the US (California) for almost 10 yrs... and I would say that its a "toss up".... It is equally nice living here as compared to living there.... each place has its advantages and disadvantages, so in the end.... they are equally comparable

I prefer to live in the Philippines and make my fortune. I've lived and worked abroad (Singapore) for 5 years I never did felt that I belong in that strict country of theirs. iba pa rin sa Pilipinas iba pa rin ang Pinoy at lalong mas iba pa rin ang mga Pinays

I must say living abroad involves too much risk, patience, and learning..its not easy!

I'm here in Kuwait for almost 2 years..way back I was a girl who used to work till wee hours (call center and online teaching), go partying till 7 am..without any fear ..

well..though it was a chance, it was also a choice working here.. madaming bawal ( liquors, having a part time) and its not really safe going out alone even in the mid day or else...sa disyerto ka pupulutin..im not hypocrite to say that i miss my life before but cguro part of maturity..ms behave na ako ngaun..less liberated..and better when it comes to dealing with others ..lalo na sa work ko im the only woman among the thorns..and puro foreigners pa..hayyy.. and the most important lesson when ur away from home is that the level of being independent..hahha..( nkkarelate tuloy ako sa song na ms. independent)...but i guess no matter where i go, no matter how high the salary..iba pa rin tlga pg nsa pinas...

• 3 weeks later...
I must say living abroad involves too much risk, patience, and learning..its not easy!

I'm here in Kuwait for almost 2 years..way back I was a girl who used to work till wee hours (call center and online teaching), go partying till 7 am..without any fear ..

well..though it was a chance, it was also a choice working here.. madaming bawal ( liquors, having a part time) and its not really safe going out alone even in the mid day or else...sa disyerto ka pupulutin..im not hypocrite to say that i miss my life before but cguro part of maturity..ms behave na ako ngaun..less liberated..and better when it comes to dealing with others ..lalo na sa work ko im the only woman among the thorns..and puro foreigners pa..hayyy.. and the most important lesson when ur away from home is that the level of being independent..hahha..( nkkarelate tuloy ako sa song na ms. independent)...but i guess no matter where i go, no matter how high the salary..iba pa rin tlga pg nsa pinas...

different places, different environments. the muslim world does have its unique challenges.

but in most of the developed countries of the world, it's different. no problem with getting alcohol/liquor, ingat lang sa DUI. party? most cities have clubs that stay open late - the extreme is las vegas where many places NEVER close! mas liberated dito talaga, so it's really up to you to keep yourself on an even keel. THAT's the hard part - being responsible to and for yourself. much like sa pinas in that regard.

i like living here, they're putting taxes on absolutely everything, later on text messaging, which basically goes to the 35 million poor people and that the lotto here surprisingly singles out one winner in a thrillion filipinos who are being fooled by the crooks in government. I just living here. No sense of history.

• 2 weeks later...

Working abroad, earning more, saving more.....learning more experiences.... mingling with a whole lot of different people with different characters.....

....But going back to the Philippines where all your loved ones are, is still the best thing for me. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well sa totoo lang kung gusto mo ng magandang buhay sa ngayon ang pinaka option lang mag trabaho at manirahan sa ibang bansa. Eh wala naman talagang buhay sa atin. Magkano lang ang sinusweldo ng isang ordinaryong empleado sa atin. Kung may pamilya siyang sinusustentuhan medyo hirap pa siya nyan. Masarap lang talaga sa atin kung may pera ka. Once maubos yon doon na papasok ang katotohanan.

Live in the Philippines with an expats' salary. Heaven!

Done that way back 1999 for 6 months. ;) Worked as a consultant for a wireless company in Makati. First 2 months I stayed at Hotel Nikko then the next 4 months at a Condo unit in Paseo (back of BPI bldg.) I was even given a company vehicle to use.

I never expected the assignment since I prefer to be working in the US.

Anyway, I helped out a lot of people during my project there. From the security guards, the hotel and condo staff, the clients employees, taxi drivers, the balut vendors, friends and even some random people who need help.

Yup, the pay is that good that I managed to share the blessings to others.. ;)

Yes, living abroad and spending it in the Phils. I am now working and living here in Doha, Qatar. It is a nice place unlike other arab countries. Here in Qatar everything is balance. Not too strict and not too open. Everyone is respecting the Law.

Let's face it living abroad elevates our life and our family, unlike dyan sa atin. You need to work harder and yet hindi mo pa din maabot lahat. Here in just 3 months I was able to buy the things I only dreamed of sa PINAS. PLus I also saw the big difference in terms of work, law, politics and the people. I hope our country could change for the better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...