Living Abroad Vs Living In The Philippines?

I still prefer to live in our small/corrupt country, mainly for personal reasons...

1. Bigger chance to succeed in a business venture. With all the corruption in our gov't, you can always buy your way around to getting rich.

2. Maids. You live like a king, just one word and you get someone to do your laundry, to do your house chores, to cook for you and if worse comes to worst, to bathe you.

3. Good life. Freedom to spend all your money without worrying about tomorrow. Freedom to stay home and not go to work. Freedom to sneak around and have a good time. Freedom to meet up with friends and drink the whole night and day.

4. Spice of Life. Despite all the negative things happening in our country, you can just smile and say to yourself "Only in the Philippines...". Despite all the corruption, especially by traffic enforcers, you can just imagine a life full of excitement, albeit it is negative, but nevertheless makes you wanna live life on the edge

5. Cheap. It is cheap to live in the Phils, just imagine how a squatter family with 15 kids are able to survive on a daily basis without gov't support.

The only reason I will leave our country is for the future of my kids, but come to think of it, there is no guarantee that your kid will have a better future if you live in another country, still it is up to the kid when he becomes an adult to decide what to do with his life, so why sacrifice your own future for an unknown future wherein you have absolutely no control over.

To each his own, its just my humble opinon.

you got it right there bro, i prefer to retire here too. if ull bring ur $$$ here its worth 48x...somthing like that.

I still prefer to live in our small/corrupt country, mainly for personal reasons...

1. Bigger chance to succeed in a business venture. With all the corruption in our gov't, you can always buy your way around to getting rich.

2. Maids. You live like a king, just one word and you get someone to do your laundry, to do your house chores, to cook for you and if worse comes to worst, to bathe you.

3. Good life. Freedom to spend all your money without worrying about tomorrow. Freedom to stay home and not go to work. Freedom to sneak around and have a good time. Freedom to meet up with friends and drink the whole night and day.

4. Spice of Life. Despite all the negative things happening in our country, you can just smile and say to yourself "Only in the Philippines...". Despite all the corruption, especially by traffic enforcers, you can just imagine a life full of excitement, albeit it is negative, but nevertheless makes you wanna live life on the edge

5. Cheap. It is cheap to live in the Phils, just imagine how a squatter family with 15 kids are able to survive on a daily basis without gov't support.

The only reason I will leave our country is for the future of my kids, but come to think of it, there is no guarantee that your kid will have a better future if you live in another country, still it is up to the kid when he becomes an adult to decide what to do with his life, so why sacrifice your own future for an unknown future wherein you have absolutely no control over.

To each his own, its just my humble opinon.

SPOT On Buddy!

although a blue passport for the kids might be an advantage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have my mind set already....

im gonna stay here in US for good....

i want to isolate myself na rn kasi...new life...

but i cant deny the fact that im missing my home country........my friends...my sibs......

im gonna visit them soon...

and hopefully...after long years eh magkasama sama na kami ulit =)

• 1 month later...

Well lets face we go abroad simply because of money we wouldn't be going abroad if we didn't lack right. If you're rich why go abroad. I simply, choose the Philippines even with alot of negative comments from the news and people.

-inspite of being a third world country(we all know the reason why), it's still best to leave here in our country. just work abroad if you really need to.

-it's also best to raise children here because of our culture and values.

-why do you think there's a growing number of retired and divorced foreigners who marries a filipina and live here.

-it's also best to raise children here because of our culture and values.

-why do you think there's a growing number of retired and divorced foreigners who marries a filipina and live here.

Right on bro. I have noticed that Filipinos living in other countries have low self-esteem and pride when it comes to their beginnings. Their children don't know how to speak Tagalog, nor they follow old traditions of mano, po, or opo. They call their parents by their first names.

In contrast to Indians or Chinese who live abroad, their children still have a part of their heritage, such as language and family traditions

Edited by manhivin

In contrast to Indians or Chinese who live abroad, their children still have a part of their heritage, such as language and family traditions

That should be the case, even if you're living abroad we should not lose our values and tradition which is acceptable to that country. It's one of the few things we have left which we can be proud of.

IMO, majority of our kababayan's working abroad would still like to retire here/ or live here if they have enough money. Sabi nga dati sa commercial, "Babalik ka rin."