Living Abroad Vs Living In The Philippines?

• 1 month later...
sa Pinas, relatively mura ang PSP.

sa Europe, di malayo yung "times 10" ang bayad sa PSP.

sa USA, halos "times 10" din.

conclusion: kung wala kang asawa at trip mo ang PSP, sa Pinas ka na lang! haha

wlang kaduda-duda... :thumbsupsmiley:

hindi ko rin ipgppalit ang mga resorts natin kahit sa florida o sa may meditteranean... :thumbsdownsmiley:

lived in 3 countries, 2 continents.

philippines - i would say that life here is really laid back. ok kasi pwedeng may maids and drivers and you have helpers kahit saan (someone to clean after you), mas relaxed ang buhay

USA - if you have a decent job, you'll live. kung d ka sanay maging independent then thhis isn't a place for you. be prepared to SEE the world on a global standpoint... medyo tiis din sa racism etc.

Taiwan - ganun din, if you're not independent d ka pwede dito, also mga tawainese mababa tingin sa pinoys, good thing im half chinese so medyo d ako discriminated

• 1 month later...

Working abroad is nice because of the opportunity to earn as much as executives in RP are earning. However, the loneliness is just terrible and unbearable at times. The only thing that keeps me sane is the thought that in 3 years time, I get to go back with good money to fulfill dreams such as house, car and small business.

I've been living in the US since high school and I very much like the life I'm able to build here. I'd say that if you're a skilled worker, have good work ethics, and are great with people, you should be able to build a good career and save quite a bunch of money. Now, if you're one of the few who are truly gifted and intelligent and can out-compete local professionals in whatever field you're in, then sky's the limit. Despite all these, I still plan on going back to the Philippines and actually live life the way I want, hopefully by the time I'm 45. All my money in the US has not been able to replace the true feeling of home that is the Philippines.

Edited by PapaFresh
  • 2 weeks later...